GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

The Greatest Show on Turf and the Hall of Fame

Today, I was reliving the good 'ol days when watching old games from 99-01, and I was wondering how many players from those teams would have a great chance on getting inducted into the HOF. Faulk is a sure lock of course, but after that I have Pace, Holt, Bruce, and Aeneas Williams. Thoughts ?

BigDaddyPace Guest

Re: The Greatest Show on Turf and the Hall of Fame

Aeneas Williams will go as Cardinal.

Other than that I think Little and Fletcher have outside shots given continued production.

Mark my words, if Terrel Davis makes it into the HOF, so will Kurt Warner. Both were awesome for a short amount of time, both encountered injury probelms, but Warner had the greatest YEAR EVER BY A QB in 1999.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

great point about Terrell Davis, and you left out Joe Namath. The 1969 SB III game( and playing in NY)are the ONLY reasons he's in the hall..
    Last edited by GreatestShow99; -02-25-2007 at 09:18 PM.

Warner Pride is offline Registered User

Wouldn't Bruce be taken into consideration? I think he's ranked somewhere in the top 10 in total receiving yards in a career. If Holt keeps up his current pace of production I think he'll make it as well. I'm a huge Warner fan although I dont think he'll make it.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Kurt Warner is interesting. The HoF also looks at how you changed the game. That offense in St.Louis CHANGED the way defenses played. Since Joe Namath is in, Kurt Warner SHOULD be in. Not a 1st rounder, but he should be one of those who go in eventually.

Torry Holt is on pace to break Jerry Rice's record for most receiving yards... if he plays forever like Rice did. Holt is #1 in NFL history for yards per game. If he plays for a few more years, he'll be a lock.

Isaac Bruce should go in. He's got the "defining moment" (TD catch in Superbowl) and the stats to prove it.

Faulk is a no-brainer.

Leonard Little... maybe if he can stay healthy and keep his production up for an extended period, and stay out of trouble.

Orlando Pace is good enough. Let's see him stay healthy and make more Pro Bowls.

AlphaRam Guest

Right now, I agree with Faulk and probably Bruce.

No way for Little and I am not sure about Aeneas Williams. Pace needs to play for a minimum of 6 more years and make the Pro Bowl 4 out of 6 of them.

I hate to say it, but Kurt Warner won't go in.