RamWraith is offline Registered User

Green's brother offers tips on how to dance

By Bill Coats
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    09/29/2006

Warren Green isn't pleased with his kid brother. It's not about his play for the Rams; rather, it's his sack celebrations that Warren insists are lacking.

"He tells me I'm absolutely horrible and I need to come up with something," said Brandon Green, a 6-foot-3, 265-pound end. "I tend to get caught up in the moment, and then afterward I look at it (on tape), and I'm like, 'Aw, I could've done something better.'"

For a defender, dropping the quarterback behind the line of scrimmage is like a touchdown for an offensive player, Green said. "They're so hard to come by," he said. "It's pretty exciting and pretty rewarding when you finally do get a chance to get back and get your hands on him."

Green would know. Sacks were his calling card at Industrial High in Vanderbilt, Texas, and at Rice University, where he holds the single-season (12) and career (25) records. "That's probably what got me into the NFL, sacks and stuff like that," the speedy Green said. "You try to be as well-rounded as you can, but that is an important part of the game."

Jacksonville drafted Green in the sixth round of the 2003 draft, but a knee injury sidelined him for all but three games his first two seasons. The Rams picked him up as a free agent, and he played in all 16 games last season, recording 32 tackles and three sacks.

The rapid emergence of rookie Victor Adeyanju shoved Green, 26, onto the inactive list for the first two games this year. But when Anthony Hargrove was bumped from the 45-man roster Sunday after missing two practices, Green got his chance.

He responded with five tackles and a half-sack in the Rams' 16-14 victory over the Arizona Cardinals.

"That speaks volumes," coach Scott Linehan said. "He certainly couldn't feel good about not playing, but Brandon never complained. The guy is totally unselfish ... a total team player."

Now, if he could just develop a decent sack dance to appease Warren, a 28-year-old real estate salesman in College Station, Texas.

"Like I tell him, you've got to have a good, clean sack all by yourself in order to get a good celebration," Brandon said. "You can't celebrate on a half or just being around the pile."

With a shrug, he added, "I'm not real good at celebrations, anyway."

Sellout string continues

The Rams' unbroken string of sellouts in St. Louis is intact. The final tickets for Sunday's game against the Detroit Lions were sold Thursday, beating the NFL's 72-hour deadline for local telecasts. The game will be shown on KTVI, Channel 2. Kickoff is 3:05 p.m.

Since the Rams moved here in 1995, every regular-season and postseason home game has been played before a capacity crowd.

He'll play, but where?

Guard? Tackle? Todd Steussie knows he'll play Sunday. He just doesn't know where.

If Orlando Pace (concussion) suits up, Steussie will be at left guard. If Pace can't go, Steussie will fill Pace's left tackle spot and Adam Goldberg will move in at left guard.

"I'm OK with it," said Steussie, a 13-year veteran. "It's just what it is. You've got to be flexible in this business."

Pace was injured Sept. 17 at San Francisco. He played last Sunday at Arizona but hasn't practiced this week and remains questionable on the injury report. "We're going to evaluate him and make a decision" today, Linehan said.

Lions are tough vs. run

The Lions' defense vs. the run deserves none of the blame for the team's 0-3 start. Detroit is yielding 80.0 rushing yards per game, the league's sixth-best mark.

The Lions held Seattle's Shaun Alexander, the NFL's MVP last season, to 51 yards on 19 carries in the opener. Chicago's Thomas Jones mustered 64 yards on 21 tries the next Sunday, and Green Bay's Ahman Green was limited to 63 yards on 22 attempts last week.

"I'm expecting a tough matchup," said Rams running back Steven Jackson, whose 286 yards ranks him fifth in the league.

Ram-blings

The Rams are averaging 15.7 points per game, which ties them for No. 21 in the league. The Lions' average of 12.3 points is tied for 25th. ... The Rams' Matt Turk is averaging 43.6 yards per punt, even though his longest punt in each of the three games has been wiped out by a penalty.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: Green's brother offers tips on how to dance

The Rams' unbroken string of sellouts in St. Louis is intact. The final tickets for Sunday's game against the Detroit Lions were sold Thursday, beating the NFL's 72-hour deadline for local telecasts. The game will be shown on KTVI, Channel 2. Kickoff is 3:05 p.m.
    And on XETV FOX 6 in San Diago..........
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    And on XETV FOX 6 in San Diago..........

Well..... everyone gets the Rams game on Sunday because its the only game fox has for its 4pm ET game.... CBS has all the other 4pm ET games

thoey is offline Registered User

Well, that is up to your Fox network. We get Bull Riding...
    This space for rent...