Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greg Ellis

MVPTorryholt is offline Registered User

Greg Ellis

SHould the Rams be interested in trading to Greg Ellis. He says that he doesnt belong in the Cowboys administration because he doesnt like the 3-4. So I think this would be a good trade considering that Tony Hargrove sucks!!:ramlogo:

rams#1 Guest

Re: Greg Ellis

hmm interesting *anthony Hargrove Sucks* he is a third year player give him time, he shall break out this year. and greg ellis is not that much better than hargrove.

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MVPTorryholt
    I think this would be a good trade considering that Tony Hargrove sucks!!:ramlogo:
    And what are you basing this attack on Hargrove on??

Quote Originally Posted by rams#1
    hmm interesting *anthony Hargrove Sucks* he is a third year player give him time, he shall break out this year. and greg ellis is not that much better than hargrove.
    I didnt mean it like the but c'mon three years he sould have already broken out so we shouldnt give him more time. Plus Greg Ellis is way better.:ramlogo:

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Hargrove doesnt Suck..... Our whole defence sucked last year and you blame it all on Hargrove!! He needs time to learn! Training Camp began and we mostly likely wont get Greg!

rams#1 Guest

he *anthony Hargrove* began to break out last year but got overshadowed by our Defense playing like crap. mr hargrove will get 10 sacks this year, and he will be an alternate in the probowl

majorram is offline Registered User

just my two cent here but I think that it takes three years for DE's like DT's to really contribute and I think that this will be the year for Hargrove to break out, he's just gotto read the play better....

steve:ramlogo:
    "The breakfast Club"

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

It's a moot point, because everything coming out of Dallas is that Ellis isn't going to be traded.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

rams#1 Guest

as long as the players we have play there hardest and produce, then there will be no need for another DE.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Hargrove had a very good game against Dallas at the end of the last season. I think he will surprise people this year. A lot of people will be concentrating on Little and Glover, letting Kennedy and Hargrove have more space to make plays.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MVPTorryholt
    SHould the Rams be interested in trading to Greg Ellis. He says that he doesnt belong in the Cowboys administration because he doesnt like the 3-4. So I think this would be a good trade considering that Tony Hargrove sucks!!:ramlogo:
    First off, if we're going to blame anyone, blame the teaching of how to "tackle". Now that we actually have a great DC, they can all re-learn how to tackle and become a better defense. I think our defensive players are all underrated because they were were taught incorrectly. They all got potential, and talent. I say, in the next year or two if still Hargrove and other players "suck", then I can agree with you, because if they still suck with great teaching, then I'd say ehh, this is bad. I wouldn't mind getting Ellis, but at this point, I don't think it really matters...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6
    First off, if we're going to blame anyone, blame the teaching of how to "tackle". Now that we actually have a great DC, they can all re-learn how to tackle and become a better defense. I think our defensive players are all underrated because they were were taught incorrectly. They all got potential, and talent. I say, in the next year or two if still Hargrove and other players "suck", then I can agree with you, because if they still suck with great teaching, then I'd say ehh, this is bad. I wouldn't mind getting Ellis, but at this point, I don't think it really matters...
    THis isnt even what the topic is about. i was simply asking if anyone thought that the Rams should trade to get Greg Ellis. He is better that Tony Hargrove, even if Tony is alright. :ramlogo:

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

The thing is, its actually debateable that Greg Ellis right now is better then Hargrove. Hargrove is on his way up, while Ellis has been on his way down for at least a couple of years

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I think 2 years is too early to judge a player at almost any position with the notable exception of running back. For example, if you look at Ellis' stats, he had 1 sack more in his second year but 9 less tackles. I'd also like to point out that playing on the right, Hargrove has been going up against left tackles from day one.

As far as Ellis goes, the Cowboys say he isn't going anywhere, and they have no reason to want to trade him. He'd probably improve the team for the short-term if we could get him, but the price in picks/players would almost certainly be too high and hurt us in the long run.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

This to me is Hargroves make or break year. He still has potential but has yet to capitalize on it. We need to see what he can do this year before we declare he sucks. Under different circumstances I think Ellis would be a good pick up if we didn't have to give up much to get him. I think that by picking him up it would pull the cord on Hargrove a little early and also push two other young players with potential further down the list (Brandon Green and Victor Adeyanju). I would be more inclined to pull the trigger if Ellis was not going to be 31 and on the downward side of his career. I would also feel better if we knew more about how Hargrove and the other two would play in the new D scheme. We already have Little and Glover that are aging veterans on the DL. I would like to see us stick with youth at the other DE position unless we could acquire a Pro Bowl caliber DE which I do not see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast