Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Greg Reid First To Arrive At Rams Volunteer Workouts

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Greg Reid First To Arrive At Rams Volunteer Workouts

Greg Reid First To Arrive At Rams Volunteer Workouts
    BY BLAINE GRISAK

Just under a month after signing his three year deal with the St. Louis Rams, Greg Reid arrived to the team’s voluntary workouts earlier than most.

Anxious to get to work, Reid flew to St. Louis a few days prior to the official start of the organized team activities (OTAs) to participate in some offseason, voluntary workouts with his new teammates.

Initial news of Reid’s signing was greeted with much praise from Rams’ general manager Les Snead and head coach Jeff Fisher. Reid is humbled by all the support he has received from his Florida State fans as well as the new fans waiting in St. Louis.

Despite two ACL surgeries, the Valdosta, GA, native isn’t going to let anything hold him back in his upcoming NFL season.

“I give all my thanks to God after going through so much and finally getting the chance to live my dream,” said Reid. “It means the world to me to actually play with some of the best athletes in the world. I’m ready to put on the cleats and strap on the helmet.”

Reid is an NFL star years in the making, with his draft potential foreseeable as early as his freshman year, where he yielded 23 tackles and an average of 18.4-yard punt returns, leading the Football Bowl Subdivision. The 23-year-old was also a star of the 2010 Chick-Fil-A Bowl, and recorded 97 tackles in his sophomore and junior years.

Reid’s agent, WCM vice president Derek Spearman is thrilled that his client has overcome obstacles to be where he is today.

“Greg’s excellent pro day really sealed the deal for his signing. The Rams were very interested in him immediately after that day,” said Spearman. “He’s excited to be part of such a great organization, and I’ve already received a lot of positive feedback from the team about the off-season workouts Greg’s participating in.”

It looks like Reid has put his early troubles with the team behind him and is anxious to begin this new chapter with the St. Louis Rams organization.
    Randart likes this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Greg Reid First To Arrive At Rams Volunteer Workouts

Well that's a start after that one off the field incident. I wish the kid best of luck, we all make dumb decisions in our lives, at least rebound from it.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Well, we know there's no way he's taking Austin's punting duties away from him, so lets see how he fairs at as a nickel corner.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Redemption is always something to cheer for

Just under a month after signing his three year deal with the St. Louis Rams, Greg Reid arrived to the team’s voluntary workouts earlier than most.
    A three year deal for an undrafted player. Surely it favors the Rams (everything can be voided if this or that etc. etc.); that said, Greg could turn out to be a real bargain. We sure could use another good corner ..

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Well, we know there's no way he's taking Austin's punting duties away from him, so lets see how he fairs at as a nickel corner.
    I wouldn't rule out Reid returning punts. He's clearly shown some great skills in that role.

Mikey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    A three year deal for an undrafted player. Surely it favors the Rams (everything can be voided if this or that etc. etc.); that said, Greg could turn out to be a real bargain. We sure could use another good corner ..

I wouldn't rule out Reid returning punts. He's clearly shown some great skills in that role.
    His contract was three years with zero guaranteed money. Good deal for both he gets his chance and the Rams are only on the hook for whenever he's on the team. The Rams knew he had issues still to clear up and said they weren't upset the last incident happened. Can't wait to see this guy in action especially on special teams.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I want to get a good look at him in camp.

MauiRam likes this.

Great highlights - thanks for posting! Love the comment at the end when the announcer said "I wouldn't throw near him or kick it to him - I would want nothing to do with #5" It would be a great story if Greg can resurrect his career in St. Louis ..

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Looks like a nice under the radar free agent aquisition if he can stay healthy and out of trouble. Incredible return skills. Like most Ram fans, I am certainly looking forward to training camp.
    RealRam and MauiRam like this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Okay young man. Let's get our act together, mature into an NFL rookie and VINDICATE yourself towards a successful career!

You've got the skills and the Rams are a great starting point.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Tavon has the punt return duty locked up but the kick return job is still up for grabs. Cunningham was the best we had last year and he was just OK. Reid could become a factor there and possibly play some CB in the slot.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Tavon has the punt return duty locked up but the kick return job is still up for grabs. Cunningham was the best we had last year and he was just OK. Reid could become a factor there and possibly play some CB in the slot.
    Yeah, the Rams won't keep him just as a returner. Due to the placement of the kickoff, the return game isn't quite as important as it used to be. So he's going to have to earn a spot on defense. If he can even be a dime DB for the team, I think that's enough and may be high expectations, all things considered.
    Rambos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Yeah, the Rams won't keep him just as a returner. Due to the placement of the kickoff, the return game isn't quite as important as it used to be. So he's going to have to earn a spot on defense. If he can even be a dime DB for the team, I think that's enough and may be high expectations, all things considered.
    Greg also has a chance to contribute on special teams defending kickoffs and maybe even punts. Seems like the kid seeks out contact, and has a knack for making plays. The Rams are giving him the "shot" he was asking for. We'll see ..
    Fortuninerhater likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Plays similar to his former teammate and a guy I'm really high on, LaMarcus Joyner.

THE DREAM TEAM

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I want to get a good look at him in camp.

Kid plays angry, even on the returns. Definitely looks like a Fisher/Gregg Williams type guy. He'll have to watch those hits, though. Imo, both the big hits early in the vid would have been penalties & probably fines.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast