Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Greg Salas traded to the Pats

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Just my opinion, but this is why New England is New England, and the Rams are, well, the Rams. They pretty much just gave Salas away. I don't like it at all.

The Rams have needs and did not address it here. Another wasted pick.
    RealRam and RockinRam like this.

Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Greg Salas traded to the Pats

i`ve just come from my football/S*ccer forum after about 200 Turkish football fans for some unknown reason have decided to wreck our site with spam and trolling in turkish ,so i come here and Salas has been traded to the Pats and Murphy has been cut.

i`ve had better evenings in hospital.

i hate giving the Pats young talent,i always wish ex- Rams the best but i can`t in this case..i just hope he doesn`t end up another Wes Welker.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

And this is exactly why the Patriots will dominate this league for as long as the duo of Brady and Belicheck are there. Finds amazing value in trades like this. Now makes Welker expendable, and replace him with a solid and high upside Salas, who was severely underrated. Its a shame he's no longer here after just one year.

Some very questionable moves in the last few days. Letting Murphy walk? Trading Salas?

THE DREAM TEAM

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Just my opinion, but this is why New England is New England, and the Rams are, well, the Rams. They pretty much just gave Salas away. I don't like it at all.

Sometimes I wonder if some people would be better off following some other sport. Seriously... must you suck the joy out of being a fan with every post you make?

Salas was fighting to be our fifth or sixth WR. Who cares what team he went to?

bradwill is offline Registered User

UGH, not a fan of this move at all. I know Steve Smith can also play in the slot along with Amendola but Salas is young with some upside. Yeah, Salas kind of miscast on the outside but Gibson has shown very little on the outside himself as a Ram and I am not sold on him being a NFL WR at this point.

Think the Pats definitely won this trade and that it wasn't a necessary move to begin with.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if some people would be better off following some other sport. Seriously... must you suck the joy out of being a fan with every post you make?

What it this joy you speak of sir?

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Some people don't get how the trade market works. Given what the Rams received, its pretty obvious that the alternative was to cut him. In other words, getting anything is a good deal.
    This is a valid point, with a couple of notes.

First a precurser. IMPO, a cut and sign by anyone other that the cheatriots (or niners) is better than a trade to the cheatriots where they are not the clear loser of the trade. I DO NOT want to EVER hear announcers bragging what a great deal player x was, that the cheatriots got for a song from the RAMS.

If the player is cut by the RAMs, he has to clear waivers first. To clear waivers, every team has to pass on siging him. That means, that cheatroits would have had to allow 30 other teams (all but us and the Giants, who beat them in the SB) a chance to pick him up at the current contract, and add him to their 53 man roster.

If the cheatroits don't like his contract, that have to pass during waivers, and then try to sign him as a free agent. At that point he can go where he wants, assuming the Giants didn't take him when they had a chance.

All of this is a bit to the extreme when trading to the cheatroits, but so is my hatred for that cheating organization, and anyone that lets them get away with it.

gap

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

I bet he's happy.

It doesn't matter where he went, it matters that it's not a good deal for the Rams. .... And who the hell are you to question anyone's comments here? Stop being a suck up AV.
    RockinRam and sosa39rams like this.

You know, I'm getting really sick and tired of certain mods in here questioning our fan devotion, any question or comment that doesn't agree with them.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Addressed it how? Player for player trades are uncommon in the NFL, and we weren't going to get anything other than table scraps for a guy we were going to cut anyway. If teams were clawing at the door to get him, we would have gotten a better deal. As it was, the Patriots hold the cards when they can say "Ok, well, we can just wait until you cut him then." Good luck demanding a roster-quality player.

macrammer is offline Registered User

You know, I'm getting really sick and tired of certain mods in here questioning our fan devotion, any question or comment that doesn't agree with them.
    it is really only one primarily and take it with grain of salt ALWAYS. Do not feed the beast. Move on

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Some people don't get how the trade market works. Given what the Rams received, its pretty obvious that the alternative was to cut him. In other words, getting anything is a good deal.
    I'm pretty sure everybody on this board has some knowledge of how the trade market works.

I just think most of us think it is not in the best interest of the Rams to give up this soon on Salas for a late round pick 3 years from now, considering the current status of our WRs.

And if we don't think it was a smart move now, we could be potentially looking at 2015, when Salas has replaced Welker, and established himself as the solid NFL receiver most of us (including you) thought he would be, and our compensation is an extra 5th, 6th, or 7th round pick.

Could look pretty embarrassing, if you ask me.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I'm pretty sure everybody on this board has some knowledge of how the trade market works.

I just think most of us think it is not in the best interest of the Rams to give up this soon on Salas for a late round pick 3 years from now, considering the current status of our WRs.

And if we don't think it was a smart move now, we could be potentially looking at 2015, when Salas has replaced Welker, and established himself as the solid NFL receiver most of us (including you) thought he would be, and our compensation is an extra 5th, 6th, or 7th round pick.

Could look pretty embarrassing, if you ask me.
    How much did philly get from us for danny amendola I forgot?

If salas was going to be cut anyways getting anything out of him was a bonus. The coaches saw something we didn't and I think they know alittle more than we do.
    HUbison and Rambos like this.

bradwill is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    How much did philly get from us for danny amendola I forgot?

If salas was going to be cut anyways getting anything out of him was a bonus. The coaches saw something we didn't and I think they know alittle more than we do.
    Get cut when? Not yesterday. Rams had until Pettis returns Week 3 to decide on Salas. If Amendola or Steve Smith gets banged up between now and then, the slot position suddenly has a big hole on an already highly questionable group of WR's to begin with. don't see the urgency of this move.

As far as coaches and GM knowing more about players than fans......has that ever been seriously questioned? I know it's tempting to when a dunce like Devaney gets hired who thought Ryan Leaf was going to be a better NFL QB than Peyton Manning, but c'mon. No matter how utterly stupid that reasoning was back then(and it was highly stupid back then too), I think even the hardest hardcore fan will admit that GM's and fans know the players better than the fans. What does get questioned is what they do and what results they get or don't get.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast