Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Greg Salas traded to the Pats

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Greg Salas traded to the Pats

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Nick, I'm not being a smart a$$ here, but a brutal 1-15 record should get you a franchise QB. A record of 3-13 record should land you a franchise DE. The results from the moves from the past are not how we want to build the team, with high draft picks from poor business decisions, that make every Sunday filled with heart break and heart burn.
    Again, I agree that the poor personnel decisions are a large reason why the Rams are where they are. All I'm saying is that, if we're being honest, the previous regimes also made some moves to bring in players most fans think are valuable parts of this team.

Of the eight names I listed, only two are high first round picks. So it's not as if they just blindly stumbled onto quality players. Yes, they missed more times than they hit, but they should at least get some credit for the few hits they had.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Just imagine if the Rams had taken Chris Perry over Steven Jackson, Rey Maualaga over James Laurinaitis and Vernon Gholston over Chris Long!

Fortuninerhater is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I have no problem with people questioning the front office or coaches. The problem is that some people do nothing but whine about everything they do.

In the end, Salas is a fringe player, so who cares?
    At the risk of making an @$$ out of u & me, I'm going to assume that one of those people you refer to is moi.

Well, in defense of moi and the many mois on this board, it's not so much as "whining" as it is having an opinion. Which of course is why we're all here, is it not?

Sorry, but not all of us are "yes men." And if you have a problem with that, then maybe you might want to think about resigning your post, because it's not likely to change.

I'm going to chalk your poor sportsmanship up to, perhaps a bad work week, because surely you're better than that.

You'd think that as a Mod, you'd be more understanding, patient, and less derogoratory towards the people and their positions on a particular subject.

Afterall, we care about the Rams just as much as you do. And because our opinion differs from yours, it's no reason to be insulted.

As for Salas, and who cares? Well look around sir, we all do.
    RealRam, Tampa_Ram and RockinRam like this.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Now would be the time for some lighthearted banter.
    Kiss my ass, football gods

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    As for Salas, and who cares? Well look around sir, we all do.

Why though? You guys are bickering over a player that has 27 receptions for 264 yards in which he fumbled 3 times. Its not like we just got rid of brandon marshall. And its not like we dont have amendola AND givens to play the slot not to mention smith.

Fisher has seen alot more of our receivers than we have. We have no idea what his starting lineup will be. As i see it salas was expendable because of the plethora or slot receivers we have.
    Rambos, live4ramin, Rammed and 1 others like this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    Now would be the time for some lighthearted banter.
    knock-knock
    HUbison likes this.

Scholldier is offline Registered User

I'm rather disappointed that Salas was traded after only a season with the Rams, but there are a few factors to keep in mind, as has somewhat been mentioned already:

1. His productivity in the preseason was down. This might just be due to a disconnect with the coaching staff to get more reps, that they genuinely saw more with the other wide-outs that we have, or that he just simply wasn't being productive or a play maker.

2. Again, I'm disappointed that another draft pick is gone, because I do feel that you build a team through the draft -- but, we can't be too disappointed with that until we have a tenured head coach and winning football team. When you have so many regime changes, this kind of stuff will happen. Snead / Fisher didn't pick Salas, and now they're making the call to get what they can for him because they don't see him as being useful for our team. As someone pointed out before, just because you're good on one team, doesn't mean you'll be good on another.

3. A late round draft choice, no matter the year, is always worth more than a cut player. Even if they do wind up with the Cheatriots.

-Scholldier
    Last edited by Scholldier; -09-02-2012 at 02:48 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

We freak out over trading away a backup OT for another backup OT. We freak out over trading away the #7 WR for a future draft pick.

All we have to do to develop our players is to trade them away; because apparently, at that point, they become All-Pro 1st ballot Hall-of-Famers.

My gosh, do we need some actual football around here, or what?
    Rambos, molbio44 and Ramhearder like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Fortuninerhater is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Why though?

Because we are Ram fans.

And since we are Ram fans, we will voice our opinions on all that we see fit, concerning the Rams.

Sometimes our opinions may get under someone's skin, but such is life.

At that point, he'll just have to learn to adjust.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -09-02-2012 at 03:35 PM.
    RealRam likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Scholldier View Post
    I'm rather disappointed that Salas was traded after only a season with the Rams, but there are a few factors to keep in mind, as has somewhat been mentioned already:

1. His productivity in the preseason was down. This might just be due to a disconnect with the coaching staff to get more reps, that they genuinely saw more with the other wide-outs that we have, or that he just simply wasn't being productive or a play maker.

2. Again, I'm disappointed that another draft pick is gone, because I do feel that you build a team through the draft -- but, we can't be too disappointed with that until we have a tenured head coach and winning football team. When you have so many regime changes, this kind of stuff will happen. Snead / Fisher didn't pick Salas, and now they're making the call to get what they can for him because they don't see him as being useful for our team. As someone pointed out before, just because you're good on one team, doesn't mean you'll be good on another.

3. A late round draft choice, no matter the year, is always worth more than a cut player. Even if they do wind up with the Cheatriots.

-Scholldier
    Nice first post and welcome to the Clan!

I'm not just saying that because I agree 100% with you!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Salas was a possession receiver. We have enough of those types of wideouts. Good luck to him.
    Which is probably why the Rams saw fit to get something for him when they could. Pettis appears as if he'll be a good player for us, additionally he is 6'3" tall with good hands. There just wasn't room for Greg, the Rams knew it, and got something while they still could IMO. If we want to lament over letting a high draft pick get away without (perceived) compensation, how about trading away a #2 overall pick for what could turn out to be a ham sandwich, as in Smith for Hunter.

I wish Salas the best, and hope he has a great career in the NFL. If he does, it won't necessarily be an indictment against our FO. I like the receivers we have right now. It is their time right now, right here. Greg Salas' time is now in New England. It's the NFL baby !!
    Rambos and ManofGod like this.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Salas is worth minimal compensation. That's what the Rams received. Stop whining.
    Whether someone is "whining" or simply "sharing their thoughts" is dependent on the individual, come on dude let's not do the whole "all powerful mod" thing so early in the season. I could care less either way, its not like he was going to play meaningful minutes anyway ahead of Quick & Givens.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    My Mod status has nothing to do with this. I just don't care for Rams fans who never have anything good to say about the Rams.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

My Mod status has nothing to do with this. I just don't care for Rams fans who never have anything good to say about the Rams.
    That's a bit harsh Av. Other than perhaps the Post Dispatch forum, (some heavy trollage there), I can't think of one poster here who "never" has anything good to say about the Rams.

Let's reverse things, and say: anytime someone disagrees with Av, he always responds in a way that is disparaging to the person that disagrees with him. Is that fair? Of course not. He doesn't .. "always" ..

For those of us who have been married for a length of time, the words "always" or "never" are likely all too familiar.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    I stand by my statement.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast