throwback week

Thread: Greg Williams

Trevor is offline Registered User

Greg Williams

Is the absence of Greg Williams hurting the Rams? Would he have played conservative in todays game? The rams had no pass rush whatsoever. No blitz packages that I noticed. Consistent 3-4 man pass rush all because they tried to contain Johnson. The gameplan today seemed to revolve around stopping Clavin. Pettigrew was consistently wide open and was actually targeted more because the Lions knew they would target Calvin. The rams have a great secondary, the best we have seen in a long time, but they can't forget about our D line which is a force to be reckon with, if utilized properly.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Greg Williams

We need to improve on our softzone defense. Stafford shredded our secondary on that last drive despite having 6-8 DBs on the field.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I liked the game plan today, thought against that offense to create three picks and one for a pick six was awesome. Matthew Stafford looked confused and this guy is the real deal. Heck I was afraid they would put 40 on us, if the Dallas preseason game was any indicator of what our secondary would look like.

The game plan was good IMO, these guys are like the GSOT, all you can hope for is to hold them down and steal a win. 9ers get them next Sunday night should be fun to watch.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Lets not forget we had two easy picks that where dropped! We should have had 5 INT in this game.

citr92 is offline Registered User

simple solution...no more prevent defense...all it does is PREVENT the rams from winning

if they played the same defense that forced the lions to punt on 3 straight possessions in the 3rd quarter, the rams may have had the W, heck, maybe even another TD or FG

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Its very hard when your going against Megatron lets keep that in mind.Lets get serious this guy is a freak if the lions want to they can throw to him all day he will out jump anyone.I feel like we actually did a good job of holding him in check relatively.While doing that we kind of challenged Stafford to beat us with other weapons and he made us pay with the short passing game.But i agree with you guys we need to be more aggressive with the defensive play calling to get some pressure.