Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Greg Zuerlein

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Greg Zuerlein

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    What the heck happened to Brown?
    IDK but he was starting to miss some with us at the end.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Yeah I know. He was good for awhile and then all of a sudden it was literally hit or miss.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Young GZ will struggle at times. All young kickers do when there is real game pressure and he's hurt a little or he's struggled in practice. Kicking is as much a mental game as it is a physical. He's got the physical tools, we'll see in the next 16 games if he has the mental tools.

I wonder, how many NFL hits has he taken on kick returns so far? When he's taken a few and his body is hurting, will his form suffer? At Missouri Western, I doubt he took many hits like he'll receive week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    I wonder, how many NFL hits has he taken on kick returns so far? When he's taken a few and his body is hurting, will his form suffer? At Missouri Western, I doubt he took many hits like he'll receive week 1.
    Considering he can blast it out of the back of the endzone with ease on kickoff's not sure he will ever get touched,
    HUbison and Ramendola16 like this.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Considering he can blast it out of the back of the endzone with ease on kickoff's not sure he will ever get touched,
    Did anyone catch the broadcaster's remark (I think it might have been at the beginning of the Chiefs' game) about Fisher having told Greg to "back off" on kickoffs - kick them high instead, because he wanted a chance to see special teams coverage in action? That was the first time I've ever heard anything like that. If Greg can consistently boot it out the back of an endzone, that's quite a weapon in itself - no possibility of a big return to get opponents fired up ..

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Did anyone catch the broadcaster's remark (I think it might have been at the beginning of the Chiefs' game) about Fisher having told Greg to "back off" on kickoffs - kick them high instead, because he wanted a chance to see special teams coverage in action? That was the first time I've ever heard anything like that. If Greg can consistently boot it out the back of an endzone, that's quite a weapon in itself - no possibility of a big return to get opponents fired up ..

I did hear that and I have never heard that one before. I wonder when it counts will he ask him to kick is deep into the endzone and try to pin them deep or just blast it!
    I prefer letting them start at the 20 every time. Nice to have options!

emuen is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I did hear that and I have never heard that one before. I wonder when it counts will he ask him to kick is deep into the endzone and try to pin them deep or just blast it!
    I prefer letting them start at the 20 every time. Nice to have options!
    They talked about the same thing last preseason. After the kickoff have been moved to the 35 yard line the kickers (not just Zuerlein) have been holding back a little to make sure the cover unit got some reps. He does have a stronger leg then the average kicker though, so hopefully he can keep the opposing return unit from leaving the endzone. I would take: "a touchback every time" over " mostly pined inside the 20, with a breakout return once in awhile".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12