Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Greg Zuerlien?

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Greg Zuerlien?

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    ''i was on the headsets and i said, 'field goal,' and somebody said 'field goal?''' coach jeff fisher said of the second record-breaker. ''i said, 'yeah, it's only 60. It's well within his range.'''

Fisher trust him and he also trust his defense can stop anybody if he misses!
    That's what I'm talking about!
    Last edited by RealRam; -09-05-2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Emoticon

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    All I want is for Legatron to hit every field goal attempt within 55 yards. Is that too much to ask?
    Probably, but I'd imagine every one of us here wants the same thing, or say everything from inside 60 yards given his cannon leg.
    Curly Horns likes this.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Curly, I wonder then. Is consistency borne from confidence? Or is it the other way around?
    Good question! I'm sure your answer would be as good as mine or better.

Now that you bring this to light I would be inclined to think confidence is born from consistency. Breaking it down a bit further I would think one would first need some talent for whatever the undertaking may be. Then I would think practice and repetition would be required to master the art of consistency. I would then think confidence is born from that consistency.

That's not to say it can not work the other way. If a person were to develop some slight flaw in their mechanics or some other form of crisis that caused their consistency to decline, then I would think it's going to take confidence to give rebirth to that consistency. That's my take on it, but like I said, I'm sure your take is as good or better.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Again, I'm not sure we can say he lacks consistency when viewed with the rest of the league. It's more exact to say his consistency from 50+ was average last year. The 2 pro bowl kickers blew the curve on this stat. Dawson and Walsh were a combined 17 for 17 from 50+ last year. Simply amazing. But the rest of the league was 75 for 135 from that distance. A mere 55%. Zuerlein was 54% from that distance.
    I don't know that it is any more exact but it certainly fits better to what you are trying to convey. IMO, I don't think it's necessarily fair to exclude the two pro bowl kickers from the league average. They set the bar higher. Now like you say, 100% is amazing, but to me, that's just not a good reason to exclude those numbers from the league average. If you include their numbers then the league average jumps to 60% and I think that is just as exact. And he lacks "some" consistency when using that true league wide average. We can move the numbers around either way to fit what we want to say but I think we'd agree that GZ is a darn good kicker and will be so for years to come. I feel fortunate to have him and I think we got a steal in getting him.
    RealRam likes this.

Nicely done Curly, I enjoyed your post / view.

I'm hoping Zuerlein makes it to the top 5 / 3 place kickers this year.

Curly Horns likes this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I think we'd agree that GZ is a darn good kicker and will be so for years to come. I feel fortunate to have him and I think we got a steal in getting him.
    Agreed.

I'm just glad the Rams are in a place where we can debate our "disappointment" in a 6th round rookie because he "only" hit 55% of his 50+ yard kicks. That's a 1st world problem, and I'm glad the Rams are finally having them.
    Curly Horns and THOLTFAN81 like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I think we'd agree that GZ is a darn good kicker and will be so for years to come. I feel fortunate to have him and I think we got a steal in getting him. -- Curly Horns
    Absolutely!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123