Tony Soprano Guest

Gregg Williams // Wash Red // ESPN

I saw a show on ESPN tonight where they highlighted the Redskins Defense ran by Gregg Williams. They diagramed and illustrated how the Skins Defensive players play together and fill their roles. They showed several slo-mo clips of DL and LBs engaging two lineman (more like an offensive block) so that stunts can be successful with players coming through unblocked.

They also stated Gregg Williams loves to blitz. I like the sound of that.

RamJackson39 Guest

Re: Gregg Williams // Wash Red // ESPN

As do I. Gregg Williams would be a great addition. As a Defensive Coordinator, not a Head Coach. He had a shot with the head coach role and didnt succeed. Give me Jerry Gray or Jacksonville's DC, let's see what these guys can do. Esepecially considering that, when healthy, both of their defenses have been one of the best in the league each year.

bruce_wannabe Guest

ive been hearing a lot that gregg williams will not leave though on espn... i would really like the rams to pick him up

Tony Soprano Guest

He certainly wouldn't leave to be DEF COORD. His current position is Asst Head Coach.

He's not going to step back. And why leave the Redskins defense for ours?

Rampage39 Guest

gregg williams would be my first choice to be HC. he did turn around the redskins defense in one year and he has been around joe gibbs for 2 years so you know he picked up something.

psycho9985 Guest

Question Re: Gregg Williams // Wash Red // ESPN

I'd take the Jags DC,and i'd also take Gregg Williams,but please dont give us Art Shell.

Tony Soprano Guest

I think we need to go DEF.. A DEFENSIVE MIND.. I think teams can turn around faster on the Defensive side.

You're always in the game with a good Defense.

majorram is offline Registered User

i just don't see the skins letting Williams go, I reckon the owner will match any offers, money wise he gets from around the leaque...

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

Tony Soprano Guest

But Money isn't everything.. Williams wants to prove himself as a Head Coach. The interviews I heard (radio) Williams spoke about it often. The next time I'm going to do this differently.. I learned and I won't let that happen again...

He certainly sounded like he was planning on doing it again. Now, they could say Gibbs is retiring after Next year and we'll promise you that you'll be his successor.
    HOWEVER, one year in this business is a long time.

SFCRamFan Guest

Now that Vermiel has retired, look for Williams to interview for and take the Chief's job. He is from that area and has expressed interest in returning home.

sbramfan Guest

If Gibbs doesn't let him interview, then I would say that Martz should not have let Lovie interview.

It may have been the nice thing to do, but now it could be costing Martz his job that he let Lovie go while under contract.