tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Gronkowski "dragged" Laurinaitis into the endzone?

This is what I have been reading in a lot of places when they talk about Gronkowski's TD

Profootballtalk even went as far as saying that Laurinatis was dragged "10 yards"

But having watched the film, and while it was a good play by Gronkowski, Laurinatis was dragged two, maybe three yards at most. And even then Gronkowski only managed to score by stretching out the full length of his body, breaking the plane with the ball. Hardly dragging Laurinatis into the endzone

My only question is, where was his help? Granted Laurinatis probably should have bought him down when he first went to grab Gronkowski, but he ended up sliding down his body and getting hold of his foot. However there was no other Rams player in sight until Gronkowski had scored. Gronkowski was stretching out for quite a while but still no one managed to get there, and Laurinatis was slowing him down quite a bit. I think the rest of the D should have been hustling up to prevent that score.

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Re: Gronkowski "dragged" Laurinaitis into the endzone?

it was an ugly play for our defense. . . . . . . laurinatis should of grabbed a hold of both feet . . to be an elite LB in the NFL you gotta be able to make those touchdown saving solo tackles but i dont hold it against him hes still growing as a player and this one play doesnt erase all of the good he has done , its just one of those plays you would like to just forget about and move on. i am just glad to get the W Preseason or not .
    Torry Holt Dont play that

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoramz View Post
    it was an ugly play for our defense. . . . . . . laurinatis should of grabbed a hold of both feet . . to be an elite LB in the NFL you gotta be able to make those touchdown saving solo tackles but i dont hold it against him hes still growing as a player and this one play doesnt erase all of the good he has done , its just one of those plays you would like to just forget about and move on. i am just glad to get the W Preseason or not .

I get what you mean, but James held him up for a pretty decent amount of time, and all he needed was a little support from the rest of the D. It was almost a tackle like Mike Jones in the Superbowl, it was just unfortunate that Gronkowski was able to stretch a little further than Kevin Dyson

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    I get what you mean, but James held him up for a pretty decent amount of time, and all he needed was a little support from the rest of the D. It was almost a tackle like Mike Jones in the Superbowl, it was just unfortunate that Gronkowski was able to stretch a little further than Kevin Dyson

I agree, where the heck was the rest of the D on that play? It took like 3 seconds for Gronkowski to get into the endzone, how was there NO ONE else in the vacinity, except for JL, for that long? It was a short field since they were so close to the endzone, I don't understand it.
    I'm glad you put the caveat in there. James didn't do anything wrong on that play, in fact it was a good play. He had to dive for him legs and barely got a hold of even one of his legs. As I said above, another defender should of been near by. 9 times out of 10 that IS a great play and saves a TD because someone else finishes the tackle. It was a very athletic play that JL made to even grab onto his leg. Gronkowski is about as big as James is, can you imagine how hard it would be to keep ahold of one of his legs for so long while you're just laying on the ground?

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by helorm341 View Post
    I agree, where the heck was the rest of the D on that play? It took like 3 seconds for Gronkowski to get into the endzone, how was there NO ONE else in the vacinity, except for JL, for that long? It was a short field since they were so close to the endzone, I don't understand it.
    The play was a safety blitz, which explains why he didn't have any help over top.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Where is Mike Jones when you need him?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

He should have tripped him from jump instead of tripping gronkey at the end. That was funny wAtching him try to bring him down with muscle then in last ditch effort his leg comes up and trips him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Wait, all your hearing about is that after Bradford lit up the Patsies starting d? After Bradford torched the Patsies and while they were trying to blitz the hell out of him all your hearing about is our linebacker who showed poor tackling on one play? Not to mention Bellichek wanted to win so bad he left the Patsies starters in all the way into the 4th quarter against our backups. Your not hearing about how the Patriots offense really didnt look very good untill they faced our backups. Gronkowski looks like a nice player but when someone doesnt tackle with good form this is what happens. 55 went low and it backfired not to mention he got no help from anyone else. How about hearing about our 1st and 2nd string o-lines shoving the patriots starters back all game long. The Rams starters dominated the Patsies starters and their announcers would never say a word about the Patriots offense only coming to life once our scrubs were in.
    Just Fix It

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

gronk is a beast, when they made contact it was at the 7 yard line.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I agree with rammiser sooooooooooooo much! I don't really care about the dumb announcers and media though. We will prove what we have to when the season starts and we will show why we think we are ready to turn this team around.

Richbert88 is online now Registered User

The way the TE was stretched out and his leg was being devoured my the Animal, had someone come and hit him.......it would have been a penalty. NE remember?

What got me was the roughing the passer calls. At some point, we had to rough someone back.
    Semper Fi!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Not to mention Bellichek wanted to win so bad he left the Patsies starters in all the way into the 4th quarter against our backups. Your not hearing about how the Patriots offense really didnt look very good untill they faced our backups.
    Although I have not agreed with you much in the past, I definately agree here. belichek claims he was keeping the starters in because they played so poorly and he wanted them to stay in until they started to play. Of course his actions did not prove much since it was against our second team.

belichek is a sorry ass sore loser.

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    The Rams starters dominated the Patsies starters and their announcers would never say a word about the Patriots offense only coming to life once our scrubs were in.
    Rams haters and pats lovers is what these guys are. Randy cross and Don Criqui both sicken me. Cross being the blowhard ex-whiner. And I think it was Balzer that pointed out awhile back that Criqui has an exteme man crush on Tim Tebow.

A couple of putz' in my book.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    The way the TE was stretched out and his leg was being devoured my the Animal, had someone come and hit him.......it would have been a penalty. NE remember?
    If it prevents the TD, normally you take the penalty there. Who cares if they get half the distance to the goal if they're already to the three yard line!

I agree that he should have gotten a little help there. The play doesn't stop once the ball has been thrown into somebody else's area of coverage.