Thread: ground hog day

sbramfan is offline Registered User

ground hog day

Simply put, we've really haven't watched too many games in the last couple years. We've just watched the same game over and over.

Same M.O. Same results. Same Reasons. Same Excuses.

Many have said the Rams style would catch up with them. Martz' style actually dictates the game to go like it does. It's actually the only result possible. There is a big picture that is not taken into consideration. Each play is simply, each play.

Whether the defense is good or bad is not even the issue, because they are not given a chance with having to be out there all day with turovers by the offense, or even quick scores. Not to mention a short field because of the special teams play.

MacDonald should not have been in there. I'm tired of asking why. If the punter is not fired on the spot, I will not even watch Monday night. This one guy is indirectly, if not directly, responsible for 2 losses.

Marmie's scheme on defense is also the problem. It may just not be good for the personell they have, but no matter who you put in there, they look bad...because the scheme itself is no good, and is being schredded by opposing offenses.

....but, shoot we'll fix that.

HornyRam is offline Registered User

Re: ground hog day

Quote Originally Posted by sbramfan
    I'm tired of asking why.
    I hear that.
    Somewhere during that game I also got tired of asking why. A dark cloud of acceptance fell over me. It is what it is.

If the punter is not fired on the spot, I will not even watch Monday night. This one guy is indirectly, if not directly, responsible for 2 losses.
    The Rams can't fire that punter. Someone will end up with egg on their face for wasting another draft pick. OMG he is pathetic!!!

sbramfan is offline Registered User

...And Bulger doesn't hold on to the ball too long. What is really the problem is that Mike Martz calls plays that take too long to develop. When your QB is sacked the 2nd or 3rd most times in the NFL, you should not be running plays with no protection that take a long time to develop.

Or at least, run a lot of quick throw plays, and runs to set up plays that could take longer to develop.

Marshall should just find a new team next year that will utilize him. I'm almost certain he is already looking ahead to either retiring at the end of this year, or going to a new team.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

We've just watched the same game over and over.
    There is a whole lot of truth in there. It's as if they can't stand prosperity. Just when you think a leak in the dike has been plugged, another springs up again.

Just when you think the o-line farce at RT was righting itself, the interior of the o-line collapses. Just when you think Arch's INT for a TD was going to right the ship in the secondary, the D can't force another one in the next two games. Just when you think a KR for a TD and a change at PR finally breaks the spell for the STs, the punter gets a leg cramp that lasts all game, coaching gets a brain cramp and puts McDeadHead back in, and OleMcDonaldisAwuss proves he would be wearing lipstick in prison.