• The defense

0 0%
  • Other (explain)

5 8.47%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gsot

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Gsot

Golly. It's documented by Balzer also. I just don't feel like digging it up year end year out. Everyone wants give kudos to DV, Warner, Faulk, Bruce, Holt.......where were the Rams before or after Martz? Picking 2nd in the draft that's where.

Razorback is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Golly. It's documented by Balzer also. I just don't feel like digging it up year end year out. Everyone wants give kudos to DV, Warner, Faulk, Bruce, Holt.......where were the Rams before or after Martz? Picking 2nd in the draft that's where.
    No, they were not picking 2nd and Martz bears a lot of responsibility for them picking 2nd now. Martz and Zyggy and to a lesser extent Linehan are the ones who allowed the depletion of the Rams talent - that's why they're picking 2nd in my opinion. First time head coaches and accountants should not be drafting and recruiting free agents.

And, no, not everyone wants to give kudos to DV because he wasn't an option to choose except "other"

And by the way, I don't think that I'll ever describe Uncle Dicky as "other".

HornIt is offline Registered User

Actually, the Rams picked 1st overall in the draft the year DV got there. They traded up to do it too to get Pace. That was DV's call too. After that, they drafted 6th and 6th prior to Martz, not 2nd.

A minor correction, but still...

Now you can give Martz most of the credit for the improvement over DV, Warner, Faulk, Holt, Bruce, Pace, Timmerman, the 6th ranked defense, etc. I wouldn't though.

Where were the Rams before Warner? Faulk? Where is Warner now without Martz? How'd that happen......again?

The bottom line is, Martz played no role in the building of that roster. That was all DV and Armey, with a little help from prior regimes in Bruce and Carter and Lyle. But Martz didn't bring in a single player that contributed to that turnaround.

And had DV allowed Martz his way, we'd have had Paul Justin, not the guy Martz didn't even know when he walked into his office, as the backup QB to Trent Green. DV would have said "we will rally around Paul Justin and play good football" instead.

As it turned out, after Justin didn't stick with the Raiders, DV let Martz get his guy and brought him in as the backup QB anyway, only to Warner instead of Green at that point.

Bruce said himself he never wanted to leave the Rams. He wasn't happy at one point as he struggled through hammy injuries and DV pushed him, but he didn't want to leave. He was a loyal Ram and in 99 the guy balled his eyes out right on the field when they beat the Niners it meant so much to him.

And I don't know who disputes that DV was not only the Rams HC, but was also President of Football Operations and he had full and final say on personnel matters, such as bringing in Faulk.
    Last edited by HornIt; -01-29-2009 at 03:18 PM.

Razorback is offline Registered User

Timmerman

That's a guy that brought some winning experience to the Rams and he is not mentioned often enough. The guys before him(road grader?) were just guys.

He should get some cred - more than he does.

HornIt is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
    Timmerman

That's a guy that brought some winning experience to the Rams and he is not mentioned often enough. The guys before him(road grader?) were just guys.

He should get some cred - more than he does.
    I agree. In fact, HUb just posted in the NFL Form the pre-Martz, during Martz and post-Martz team record in an effort to prove a causal relationship between the two.

So I asked to do the same for Timmerman because it seems clear to me, in that case, that Timmerman is actually the causation, which I guess must prove that Martz simply must have the correlative relationship.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123