Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: GSOT first year eligible in 2015

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: GSOT first year eligible in 2015

Pace makes it on the first ballot - He was pretty much solely responsible for the invention of the term Pancake Block. After that I would wager the order is Bruce, Warner, Holt.

Like someone else mentioned, Warner's resume is impressive, but not lengthy enough for immediate consideration.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I've heard several people say there's a logjam at WR that will hold back Bruce. I'm curious.....other than Marvin Harrison and Tim Brown, who is holding back Bruce?

Or by "logjam" do you simply mean Harrison and Brown?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

There WAS a logjam I would say at wideout but now with Chris Carter and Andre Reed getting in the last two years it has cleared up a hole for them. Bruce has more yards then Tim Brown and Marvin Harrison not to mention many others.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I've heard several people say there's a logjam at WR that will hold back Bruce. I'm curious.....other than Marvin Harrison and Tim Brown, who is holding back Bruce?

Or by "logjam" do you simply mean Harrison and Brown?
    By logjam in general over the past few years I mean it was Art Monk, Cris Carter, Andre Reed, and Tim Brown. Now it's Marvin and Brown and since we don't typically see more than 1 or 2 WRs inducted I could see them putting in Brown next year like Reed got in this year, and I think Marvin should have been a 1st ballot guy this year, so he gets in next year. I'm not sure they will put Bruce in as a 1st ballot guy if they put those 2 guys in. The following year I believe T. Owens is up for induction, and we also have Holt who probably won't be a first ballot guy this year so there are 3 top WRs after next year also fighting to get in. The WRs just keep coming, and the HoF selection committee make me nervous by how long they kept out Cris Carter, Reed, etc. Now they still need to get Tim Brown in and there are only so many spots so I don't want to see Bruce have to wait too long.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

...Bruce will probably get in eventually, but his wait will be long I think, like Reed's. Holt? Not so likely. Good receiver, but HOF? I'm a huge Rams fan and I'm not so sure I'd vote him in. But then again, I think the bar has been set too low with some of the players getting in. I'd certainly like to see both get in, but only time will tell.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Holt's career wasn't so long. If he played as long as Rice or Bruce his numbers would be top 3 in NFL history. Both Holt and Bruce are getting in.

THE DREAM TEAM

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

I don't see why Bruce doesn't make it first ballot. He is #4 in alltime receiving yards and has a ring, with a game winning catch

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RuffRams View Post
    I don't see why Bruce doesn't make it first ballot. He is #4 in alltime receiving yards and has a ring, with a game winning catch
    Just looking at the history of how the HoF committee vote WR's in is one reason. Along with Marvin Harrison who has 37 more TDs, and only 628 rec yards less than Bruce. He also has a Super Bowl Ring and owns the record for receptions with 144 in a season, tells me that I doubt Bruce gets in 1st ballot.

I hate that, and I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. That's why I wanted Marvin to get in this year, so he would be out of Isaac's path to get in as a 1st ballot guy.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -02-11-2014 at 03:01 PM.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12