AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The GSOT Isn't Dead After All!

It just moved to Detroit, where the Lions' Martz-guided offense is averaging 28.5 ppg., with Mike Furrey and Sean McDonald the #2 and 3 targets for Jon Kitna!

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A BRING BACK MIKE MARTZ THREAD.

However, it does show what a truly innovative offensive coordinator can do.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Re: The GSOT Isn't Dead After All!

Sad to see the players we let go thriving with different teams, and the ones we still have just getting old, slow, and injured.

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    It just moved to Detroit, where the Lions' Martz-guided offense is averaging 28.5 ppg., with Mike Furrey and Sean McDonald the #2 and 3 targets for Jon Kitna!

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A BRING BACK MIKE MARTZ THREAD.

However, it does show what a truly innovative offensive coordinator can do.
    It's just a " i wish we had martz" thread. It's still ice cream just a different flavor. 28ppg isn't GSOT-great either.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

it's a hell of alot more points than we are scoring here.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=AvengerRam;191060]It just moved to Detroit, where the Lions' Martz-guided offense is averaging 28.5 ppg., with Mike Furrey and Sean McDonald the #2 and 3 targets for Jon Kitna!

Yeah, now just imagine what they'll look like when Calvin Johnson learns the offense.

[QUOTE=Fortuninerhater;191098]
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

Yeah, now just imagine what they'll look like when Calvin Johnson learns the offense.
    good point, they will be fun to watch.

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

[quote=jkramsfan;191101]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post

good point, they will be fun to watch.
    Something that the Rams sadly are not. This season has been ugly to watch and soo frustrating to see the trumpeted offense stink it up soo badly.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

It reminds me of a short story. I have an Asian friend named You-So. I love talking with You-So. He's a great listener. In fact, for any important decision or event that has occured in my life, you can rest assured that I-TOLD-YOU-SO.

Yea, that You-So is a good guy.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Dr5150 is offline Registered User

[quote=81~BIG-GAME;191116]
    Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    Something that the Rams sadly are not. This season has been ugly to watch and soo frustrating to see the trumpeted offense stink it up soo badly.
    If the season has already started, will someone PLEASE call the Lambs, and Aints and let them know !!!

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Take away 3 of his sarting lineman and their backups, his RB, and break Kitna's ribs and see how they do.

I doubt few would argue Martz was the best offensive coordinator the Rams have ever had. The thing was that even though the Rams would score 35 points a game they would still lose because of the neglected defense and poor head coaching decisions. Not to mention no one else in the front office got along with him. If your bosses hate you, you're gone. Yes I miss his offense, but everything else that came with it was not worth it. People seem to forget, we still lost alot of games with Martz at the helm, and so would any other team that made him the HC. Keep him at the OC position where he belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Take away 3 of his sarting lineman and their backups, his RB, and break Kitna's ribs and see how they do.

I doubt few would argue Martz was the best offensive coordinator the Rams have ever had. The thing was that even though the Rams would score 35 points a game they would still lose because of the neglected defense and poor head coaching decisions. Not to mention no one else in the front office got along with him. If your bosses hate you, you're gone. Yes I miss his offense, but everything else that came with it was not worth it. People seem to forget, we still lost alot of games with Martz at the helm, and so would any other team that made him the HC. Keep him at the OC position where he belongs.
    I bet they don't go 2 games without there offense scoring a touchdown and I AM NOT SAYING BRING MARTZ BACK,but I would be willing to bet that he would find ways to score with the personal he had IN DETROIT.

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

He wouldn't let detriot go 2 games without a touchdown is right I mean seriously I am fed up with all this complaining about injuries and the defense ima tell it like it is this team is missing martz more that one would think. this defense only looks bad BECAUSE we can't score meanwhile we have soo much talent on offense fact is martz was chased out of St.Louis and now we can't score but detriot breaks a record for most points scored ina qtr those should be our points
    Torry Holt Dont play that

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    I bet they don't go 2 games without there offense scoring a touchdown and I AM NOT SAYING BRING MARTZ BACK,but I would be willing to bet that he would find ways to score with the personal he had IN DETROIT.

Good point, but I bet he wouldn't be winning games. He would probably score a bit more, but also give up some more points. More three and outs, more sacks to Bulger, more interceptions, more points, more long passes, more time the defense is on the field all these things go hand in hand with Martz, for better or worse.

moklerman is offline Registered User

I don't think there's one single Rams fan who would have been opposed to keeping Martz as the OC. That's what Detroit has...for now. I'm pretty sure Martz will be the HC somewhere next year and we can reevaluate what he would do with our current squad. I agree that anything at all would be an improvement over what we've seen this year but there is no way that the Rams could have had what Martz is giving Detroit. He would not have taken a demotion.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

More three and outs, more sacks to Bulger, more interceptions, more points, more long passes, more time the defense is on the field all these things go hand in hand with Martz, for better or worse.
    Hmm, really? You appear to be correct with regards to interceptions. Under Martz, Bulger averaged 1.16 pick per game, compared to 0.60 per game under Linehan. However, Bulger was sacked 2.6 times per game under Martz, compared to Linehan's 3.0. Yes, that's right......for all the talk of how Martz didn't protect his QB, he actually did a better job than Linehan's offense has thus far.

As for the more 3-and-outs and the defense on the field more.........is that even possible at this point? Our current anemic offense has kept the D on the field for a rather long time already.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod