AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

The guy I want for the Rams

The one guy I really want to see join the Rams...

Rex Ryan.

He is the son of Buddy and the current DL coach for the Ravens. He's been a defensive assistant there since 1999, during which span the Ravens have had one of the best defenses in the league. Prior to that, he was the defensive coordinator at Oklahoma.

I think he's a guy who has D coordinator written all over him and obviously would bring a more aggressive defensive philosophy than the current staff utilizes.

That's the kind of guy we need.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The guy I want for the Rams

Hmmm, DC at Oklahoma, defensive staff of the Ravens, received half of his genetic code from Buddy Ryan...sounds good to me, sign him up as of yesterday.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Good idea Av, but will Martz allow any coordinator with a strong personality to co-exist with him on this team?? I truly believe that what we need is a strong defensive presence and someone that can motivate. Ryan might be that guy, but if he is as bull headed as his Dad, then Martz won't hire him. He seems to pick these tame guys with lesser personalities than his own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

One guy I can't believe the RAMS never looked at is Jerry Gray, the DC of the Bills and former Ram DB.
    He's got the Bills D playing aggresively.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Interesting choice.....sounds good.

Would Martz be interested? Would the FO be interested? It seemed very easy for Martz to hire his buddy. I wonder how easy it will be to fire him?

:ramlogo:

elAcky Guest

Its clear that the problem is deep routed i.e. a combination of personnel, motivation and coaching staff..

There is no use bringing in the coaching staff when the personnel are already in place (why Marmie is getting slack)... so we should bring in the coaching staff asap and start preparing our 2005 plans for personnel NOW.

Let the merry go round start

Rambos is online now Registered User

Give me back my Rams?

AV these are your Rams; you got your QB, who is avg. at best. He will look better next year when he plays a softer schedule. Not Marc, Warner or Montana could win with no running game, and you canít have a running game without calling running plays. Now you want Jackson, he look good until he fumbles, thatís the only knock on him. I am calling for a solid O-line before I say Marshal is done. We look bad in so many places from coaching to personnel, itís going to be awhile, thatís why I told you last year enjoy the run itís going to be awhile. Go Rams!!!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Give me back my Rams?

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    AV these are your Rams; you got your QB, who is avg. at best.
    Someone needs to look up the definition of the word "average." Bulger is first in the NFL in passing yards and 5th in the NFC in passer rating. That's well above average (plus, he is young and still improving).

Not Marc, Warner or Montana could win with no running game, and you canít have a running game without calling running plays.
    No disagreement there.

Now you want Jackson, he look good until he fumbles, thatís the only knock on him.
    He has two fumbles this year, including the one that was nullified by Martz's timeout on Monday. I don't know that I would put the fumbler label on him because of that.

I am calling for a solid O-line before I say Marshal is done.
    I'm not saying Marshall is done, but he may not be the best option to run the ball. Also, you have to start asking if his contract value is starting to exceed his on-the-field value. Right now, I'd say its approaching that point.

We look bad in so many places from coaching to personnel, itís going to be awhile, thatís why I told you last year enjoy the run itís going to be awhile. Go Rams!!!
    I totally disagree with this. In fact, I think 2005 will be a big year for the Rams. They will return loaded with established talent at the skill positions, now that McDonald, Curtis and Jackson have gotten their feet wet, and they will have the ability to fill some holes with 6 picks in the first four rounds of the draft (including an anticipated compensatory 4th round pick for Wistrom), and - hopefully - some cap room after signing the Postonless Pace.

Compare that to the Seahawks, who have to deal with four big name free agents (Hasselbeck, Alexander, Lucas, Jones).

Rambos is online now Registered User

Last year it was all about wins and losses 5-6 looks average to me. Big number when you are losing games means little in the win column thatís just me I guess.

We will have more wins next year due to schedule alone.

Very good point on Marshal, just donít know why it was so cut an dry with Warner and with Marshal seems to be a tougher to move him out.

ďThey will return loaded with established talent at the skill positionsĒ I think we have to watch out for this, this is a team game, special teams need players, depth at LB and CB ect. Iím getting tried of seeing 10 WR in camp every year when we have the WR set. Lets start looking at some depth at other not so clamorous position instead of bring guys off the high school coaching staff when someone goes down.

We have a lot of draft picks, for sure but Iím not so sure of the scouting. Kennedy, Lewis, Polley and project like turning QB into WR and drafting faster smaller running backs like Trung. And with the new D coordinator are we still going smaller faster or do we need bigger stronger. The draft is not going to fix this D in one year thatís for sure.
    Last edited by Rambos; -12-01-2004 at 02:03 PM.