mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Guy you wish we would of drafted

in no way is this thread meant to blast our current front office. They have done an amazing job and have put together two very solid drafts in a row. That being said there's always one guy who you wish we would of drafted and who looking back would of been a huge pick up.

The guy I wish we would of drafted is Mike Williams out of Syracuse. Williams has always been a great talent and living in the Buffalo area I've watched and read about Williams talent since his high school days. He obviously had some off the field problems at Syracuse(and we've shied away from these players since Devaney took over) but his talent is undeniable. He would of made a great pick with our first fourth round pick and he might of been our #1 receiver for years to come.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Guy you wish we would of drafted

I don't really regret it at all. I know he is doing great and all, but before all 3 of our #1 WR's went down, we were actually really set at the position. Next year when we get Clayton, and Avery back we will have a solid WR corps. Also, Gibson Amendola and Alexander have showed promise, Gilyard and Robinson are having somewhat rough times.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I don't really regret it at all. I know he is doing great and all, but before all 3 of our #1 WR's went down, we were actually really set at the position. Next year when we get Clayton, and Avery back we will have a solid WR corps. Also, Gibson Amendola and Alexander have showed promise, Gilyard and Robinson are having somewhat rough times.
    Well, I would rather have him than Gilyard.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Well, I would rather have him than Gilyard.
    As would I, but I don't think its too big of a deal.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

8 weeks in obviously Williams has had the better start of the two careers...only time can tell who made the better pick..and i`m talking 2,3,4 etc..years,not months.

Rich86 is offline Registered User

to be fair, the bucs run a way more explosive offense than the rams where mike williams can be a deep threat. we dink and dunk more than the patriots. with that being said, i'm shocked this dude gilyard can't make the box score and he's active. our draft picks have been pretty damn impressive for rookies though, so i can't really think of any regrets.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

I wish we would have drafted everybody than anyone else picked that is doing better than the guy we picked.

The draft is more an art than a science. Heck, the bucs passed on Williams a few times. If they knew he was going to come out of the gate like this, do you think they would have sat back and twiddled their thumbs content with thinking that he would drop to them? Teams do their best to hit with every pick, but even they know it isn't going to happen. I am perfectly happy with our draft so far, and don't see the point in "what ifs". Mike Williams might have been terrible here. Who knows?

general counsel is offline Registered User

AT a time when we were desperate for Oline and had steven jackson in his prime, we used a second round pick on brian leonard, passing on ryan Khalil. STUPID>

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    The guy I wish we would of drafted is Mike Williams out of Syracuse. Williams has always been a great talent and living in the Buffalo area I've watched and read about Williams talent since his high school days. He obviously had some off the field problems at Syracuse(and we've shied away from these players since Devaney took over) but his talent is undeniable. He would of made a great pick with our first fourth round pick and he might of been our #1 receiver for years to come.
    To early to jump the gun seeing that Tampa has talent in the WR area while we tend to have ours not getting healthy. Some players tend to develop slowly at one standpoint and later on, develop a steep learning curve on another. We'll wait 2-3 seasons to determine whether Gilyard is a boom or a bust. I really like the kid, he's been though a lot having to live in his car when he was stripped of his scholarship and he's made nice flashes such as that one nice catch when we were 3 and 17 against the Chargers to keep the drive moving.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Well as long as we all agree that my boy Devaney is doing an excellent job at building this team, I'll go pre DeSpags and say draft Darrelle Revis over Adam Carriker. Sure he is probably the most over hyped NFL defender, but hey, he is a heckuva lot better than Carriker. I'll never agree with the thought process of drafting a guy who played one position at college (ie DE) and expecting him to play an entirely different position (DT). See Brian Leornard as well, I mean the only reason he was playing full back was because he lost his job to Ray Rice- but hey he can jump over people

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Chris Lon....

Oh!

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

I wish we drafted Mike Williams over Gilyard also. I thought Williams was a steal in the 4th and thought Gilyard was overrated. I was pretty pissed when we drafted Gilyard over Williams.

But after the other moves the front office made I can't be too mad anymore.