Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    elAcky Guest

Re: Hadley:Free agents that the Rams are interested in

I think we should also look at Lucas and Walter Jones from Seattle

general counsel Guest

Hartwell would be perfect. I dont see overpaying for a defensive end at all. If we get little back, even if we lose fisher, we would have little and hargrove. No reason to overpay for a third guy. If we keep fisher and hargrove and lose little, i still wouldnt overpay for abraham. Middle linebacker is where we need our most help in my opinion. Robert Thomas is simply not an impact player.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Who will command more money on the open market--Fisher or Abraham?? I think if we really want to keep Fisher we will not have to break the bank. As I see it, the need for a MLB is huge. Trotter may not be that great in coverage, but he sure can tackle--with an attitude!! Time will tell....

GO RAMMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The problem with Fisher is going to be timing. The Rams will have to make a decision on him before Little's trial, in all likelihood. That means that if they don't sign him, and Little is convicted, they'll be left with only Hargrove and Toyoka Jackson at DE, and would probably have to commit their first round choice to get another starter in, or overpay for a guy like Abraham.

I think if they strike fast with Fisher and offer him a decent deal, that may be the way to go.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by elAcky
    I think our best bet is to make a play for Trotter... Phili has needs at WR were we are overstocked... sure there is something we can do for the right price.
    Trotter would be great, but IIRC, last year he took a lesser contract just to play in Philly. He was offered bigger deals elsewhere, but wanted to be in Philly. He's a UFA, but I don't know that we could lure him away from that.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I think our best bet is to make a play for Trotter... Phili has needs at WR were we are overstocked... sure there is something we can do for the right price.
    Trotter will be an unrestricted free agent after this season, so we won't need to trade anyone to get him - just offer up the right contract.

I stand by the facts.... it will be very difficult to bring any of these guys to St Loius.. but we can dream !!

I think we should also look at Lucas and Walter Jones from Seattle
    I don't understand how the Rams would make any realistic attempt to acquire Walter Jones when they already have a high-paid right tackle on the books in Kyle Turley and also have a long-term deal to try and work out with Pace. If we can't work a deal out with Pace, how is it realistic to think we could work one out with Jones, who is equal to if not better than Orlando?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

moklerman Guest

I don't understand how the Rams would make any realistic attempt to acquire Walter Jones when they already have a high-paid right tackle on the books in Kyle Turley and also have a long-term deal to try and work out with Pace. If we can't work a deal out with Pace, how is it realistic to think we could work one out with Jones, who is equal to if not better than Orlando?
    I agree that going after Jones is just wishful thinking with the Rams' cap situation but I've read that an injury settlement is a possibility for Turley. I'm not sure exactly how that affects the cap but I think it is less of an impact than his actual salary.

The miracle it would take to sign Pace and Jones EACH to long term deals is biblical in proportion. Who knows though, both of them have been saddled with the franchise tag for so many years now that they both might decide to take a long term deal. They're both getting to the age where they can't afford to get an injury while wearing the tag.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I'd love to take Ken Lucas from Seattle. With Matt Hasselbeck, Shaun Alexander, Walter Jones and Chike Okeafor up for contract I think we could lure him away. Then give me Ed Hartwell and a 1st or 2nd round draft pick at OLB (Blackstock/Burnett), and I like how this defense is shaping up.

Little - Pickett - Kennedy - Hargrove

Tinoisamoa - Hartwell - Blackstock/Burnett

Lucas - Archuleta - Edwards - Butler

Tailgage-Mayor Guest

Trotter is certainly an impact player, however I wonder how much is him, and how much is the system....hard to tell.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

That's interesting that Hartwell is on the list. He would be a great improvement for the LB's.
    Kind of funny;I'm playing the 05' season on Madden, and I tagged Polly and traded him to B-more for Hartwell. I then moved Thomas to the outside, and through five games the Rams D is ranked #1 in run D.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

elAcky Guest

i wasn;t talking about having both Walter Jones and Pace on teh roster

majorram is offline Registered User

Trotter would be a good signing, boy can this guy Tackle.......it will be interesting to see what the bidding will be for Trotter...he's had a great year!

Hartwell I would over pay for....................

steve :ramlogo:

thoey is offline Registered User

As someone mentioned earlier, I don't think any team has a chance at Trotter. He wanted to go back to Philly and money didn't appear to be a problem. I have heard interviews that said after he left what a mistake he felt he made and wanted to go back...

Besides, I don't think we have the "spare change" to change his mind...
    This space for rent...

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Of all the people on this list, elAcky turned my light bulb on. Ken Lucas. Wow, I'd let Fisher walk and bring Lucas in anyday. Or Butler. I'm all for blowing up our secondary at this point.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    I agree that going after Jones is just wishful thinking with the Rams' cap situation but I've read that an injury settlement is a possibility for Turley. I'm not sure exactly how that affects the cap but I think it is less of an impact than his actual salary.
    I asked Barry Waller about this in mid-December and he said that an injury settlement wouldn't do anything for the cap hit, because settlements are usually regarding a player's salary, not their bonus. Since the cap hit we'd take would be from an accelerated bonus, there's not much a settlement could do, according to him.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast