Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    fearlessone is offline Registered User

Re: Hadley on Martz (long and pretty good)

Quote Originally Posted by atcchris
    If the person whose supporters you're jabbing would have received the same consideration by Martz, et al, we might not be "spouting out how" he-who-shall-not-be-named "got jobbed".
    What are your feelings for T. Coughlin? Do you share your objectivity on any of the Giants sites?

:tongue:

Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    That's why the Peyton Manning commercial to me is the most poignant commercial out there. Could you just imagine a pro player grilling out and rooting on his investment bankers?
    Poignant? Maybe. Maybe not. But I think it is one of the best parodies of fan behavior I have ever seen. Priceless.

moklerman Guest

and some resentment in Faulk playing a large role in upper management giving in to releasing Kurt Warner
    Anyone know more about this? I hadn't heard anything like this before. The only stuff I had read was the article in SI where Faulk was defending Warner (from drunks in bars).

I've only read the first page of this thread so I apologize if this topic has been addressed in the last 3 pages.

It definitely sounds like the team is imploding. Not a good sign.

sbramfan Guest

Not only do I not have more insight into that statement, I'm not even sure I understand it.

I read this as well and kind of brushed it off because it doesn't even make sense.

perhaps they are saying "some resentment in Faulk NOT playing a larger role", etc...?

no maka sense to me.

moklerman Guest

I read it as upper management wanted to keep Warner but relented under pressure from Faulk. It's so out in left field compared to what I've come think up to this point that I'm baffled by it. I thought that it was management and Martz who wanted to get rid of Warner to end the controversy at qb. I've never heard anything to suggest that Faulk wanted Warner gone. Oh well.

SFCRamFan Guest

I read it as upper management wanted to keep Warner but relented under pressure from Faulk. It's so out in left field compared to what I've come think up to this point that I'm baffled by it. I thought that it was management and Martz who wanted to get rid of Warner to end the controversy at qb. I've never heard anything to suggest that Faulk wanted Warner gone. Oh well.
    I would like clarification on that one as well. By the way, where/when is part two due???

atcchris is offline Registered User

txramsfan

I think Martz is the best thing ever to happen to the St. Louis Rams, but believe me if the front office let's him go you won't see me post after post after post after post after post crying to the high Rams heaven about it. I'll just root for the next guy.
    vs

To me, he hasn't had that bad of season this year considering all the injuries that happened. He still has one more year on his contract. Let him play it out. If he tanks next year, fire him. Even though I'm a Martz fan, I won't be on here in every post spouting out how Martz got jobbed if he is fired. I'll root hard for the new HC just as hard as I did for all the others.
    Which is it? The conditional or not? I believe Martz has been given plenty of chances to prove his worth. I do not believe Warner was after coming back from his injuries. That's the bottom line. And I won't be satisfied until, as they say "paybacks are hell". Martz deserves this treatment. It's how he's treated others, and it would be only fitting that he be thrown out on the garbage heap "after all he's done for us" <snort>

fearlessone

What are your feelings for T. Coughlin? Do you share your objectivity on any of the Giants sites?
    My feelings "for" T. Coughlin are none. I believe, as does most of the rest of the NFL, that he was foolish to throw Manning in there when he did. That he wasted his chance at the playoffs.. given that the team he has really has no business making a playoff run.

Warner was given a chance there, proved himself, and will move on. Absolutely no one though it would be any different there. Warner didn't win the only Super Bowl trophy the Giants have... Warner won the only Super Bowl trophy WE have. Some people would do well to remember that.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I don't care what happened to Warner, as I won't care what happens to Martz. If he gets fired after this year, so be it.

How's that?

I don't care what happened to Warner, as I won't care what happens to Martz. If he gets fired after this year, so be it.
    Good for you.

Of course, our team will improve if we fire Martz, while it's been nothing but downhill since Warner's been hurt.. so maybe that makes it a bit easier? Now.. suppose the Rams bottom down to Whiner status... you seriously saying you wouldn't engage in a little "I told you getting rid of Martz would be stupid" talk?

You're not human if you wouldn't. How's THAT?

Not really. I won't do that. I'll talk about the current state of the Rams because that's really all that needs to be talked about. Sure, I say Fletcher is a major loss every now and then, but when it's in a thread that's appropriate. However, I won't say "nanananana, I told you we should have kept Martz" if it goes downhill because what's the point? It won't matter. I'll just take some wood, build a bridge, AND GET OVER IT.
    Last edited by txramsfan; -12-28-2004 at 11:25 AM.

However, I won't say "nanananana, I told you we should have kept Martz" if it goes downhill because what's the point?
    If that's true, what's the point of any sports discussion or message board? Without disagreements and rivalries, sports is nothing. Now.. it's best in your own family if we can treat each other in a civil manner, but when you're talking about BETRAYAL, that's serious, and some don't take kindly to it.

"Family" goes both ways. Those of you who wanted to get rid of Warner certainly didn't let "Family" get in the way of your criticisms of him. I didn't see anyone talking about banning those who apparently forgot that he was the ONLY QB to ever lead the Rams to a Super Bowl victory.. 2-time NFL MVP. PLUS, one of the better human beings to ever play professional sports. No... it was all fair game back then. I didn't see any censoring of those posts.

I'll just take some wood, build a bridge, AND GET OVER IT.
    Well, I'm all for giving you a chance to get to work. Maybe we can begin to progress back toward a Super Bowl championship, then. When Martz is gone, I'll start building my bridge as well. Until then, I consider that the TRUE problem with MY team is still in place, and causing a festering wound.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by atcchris
    Good for you.

Of course, our team will improve if we fire Martz, while it's been nothing but downhill since Warner's been hurt.. so maybe that makes it a bit easier? Now.. suppose the Rams bottom down to Whiner status... you seriously saying you wouldn't engage in a little "I told you getting rid of Martz would be stupid" talk?

You're not human if you wouldn't. How's THAT?
    Some would say human, others would say childish & immature.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I see, you want to argue on mere speculation about "what could have been if so and so were here" and most of us want to talk about how we can improve with what we have....

That's the difference I guess between your view of a message board and what a majority of others perceive it to be.

Some would say human, others would say childish & immature.
    Some would. Of course, some would also ban the mention of the name "Warner" on the grounds that he is now on the Giants. As if he wasn't the only QB to ever lead us to a Super Bowl victory.

Some would also think that sports, including professional football, are not visceral experiences, with deep loyalties part of the process.

And maybe some might not even put much value on that sort of loyalty.

Who knows? All I know is that I pretty much don't care that YOU think I'm childish and immature for knowing that Martz has driven this team into the ground, and using, as a fine example, the situation with Kurt Warner to prove my point.

I see, you want to argue on mere speculation about "what could have been if so and so were here" and most of us want to talk about how we can improve with what we have....
    Actually, I can argue the reality that our team has become. A shadow of the team that once sent fear through the entire NFL.

As long as there are Martz' apologists, and Martz, then the phrase "improve with what we have" means arguing against Martz. And why, when the shoe was on the other foot, didn't you judge "improve with what we have" as including Warner?

Because it was your opinion. Just as it's my opinion that Martz needs to go.. and that his kicking Warner to the curb is just the best example of his sorry "leadership" skills.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast