RamWraith is offline Registered User

Hadley on Midwest Sports

Some information given by him;

***He was very supportive of Turley but said he could see no way that he would return to the Rams this year. Said it was just an unfortunate situation for everyone.

He also said that a defensive player would be cut, said he couldn't release the name because he had not yet checked the waiver wire. Hope I got that right, that it was a Ram being released and not a player from another team the Rams might be interested in

general counsel Guest

Re: Hadley on Midwest Sports

Jason, if i told you we were going to cut a guy on defense, who would you guess at?

1) robert thomas
    2) damione lewis

cant think of who else it would be at this point unless its one of the guys we just signed.

general counsel

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I Would Have To Say Lewis,i Think Thomas Is Ok As A Backup,lewis Has Shown Very Little Since He Has Been Here,injured At Times But I Dont Think He Is Worth Keeping Around.

general counsel Guest

There are obviously cap considerations involved here, i just dont know the impact of waiving either lewis or thomas at this point.

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I could be way off with this, but I'm thinking Kevin Garrett. I just don't think Martz is a big Garrett fan at this point.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel Guest

HuBison, i would not be shocked if you were correct. Martz has shown that once he is done with a guy, he is done, even when they are kids. I didnt put garretts name on my prior post since i am hoping its not him, the biggest reason i could see for martz waiving him is if there are attitude issues since the guy obviously isnt taking up much cap room and clearly has potential.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

GC, I hope it's not Garrett either. He seems like a good kid with physical potential. He just didn't pick up Marmie's D real quick. Honestly, I'm not real excited about any defensive player getting cut. I'm intrigued to see how much different they will be with the personnel changes and another offseason with Marmie.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel Guest

If we cut someone for cap management purposes so we dont have to take a bigger hit next year, i am fine with that, but i hate cutting the young guys, just like i hated last year when we lost shivers. Of course, i respect the fact that there is plenty we dont know about attitude issues, in an organization as successful as the rams, you dont tolerate bad eggs, its an accident waiting to happen.

we will see soon enough

ramming speed to all

general counsel

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

it would almost have to be D Lew, Thomas, Pickett, or Little because they are the only people that a june 1st cut would warrent. We can rule out Pickett and Little because they are starters on a thin d line, so that leaves us with Thomas and Lewis. Thomas is in the middle of his contract and doesn't cost nearly as much as Lewis and could possibly play special teams, so I would have to think that it is Lewis.

If it has to be somebody, D-Lew would make the most sense, though I would like to see him in the Tyoka swing position this year.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

As far as Garrett being axed because because he is supposedly in Martz's doghouse, I remember that a similar situation existed with Jeremetrius Butler a couple of years ago and JB managed to extricate himself, and become a starter. So....who knows...I guess we will find out soon enough.

The Herd is reporting that Tony Newson is the LB that got cut....I'm still trying to confirm it.

general counsel Guest

Big sigh of relief from me if newsom was the defensive player cut.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I have also heard it is Newsom. Thomas is too valuable as a back up right now. And I really think they will try D-Lew at end. ANd if that don't work it will be THE END. ;-)