Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Hadley: Zygmunt promised Bruce $4 million in '08 but reneged

Hadley was on the radio Friday night and is reported to have said that the last time the Rams renegotiated his contract, Bruce promised that if the Rams paid him $4 million in 2008, then Bruce would be willing to take an extension after that for the veteran's minimum.

Zygmunt apparently promised Bruce the $4 million at that time, and since Bruce was scheduled to make $5 million instead, the Rams could have extended Bruce's contract an additional year and spread out part of the bonus to reduce the '08 cap cost.

Except Zygmunt apparently reneged on the $4 million he'd promised. Instead, the final Rams offer was $3 million (per PD reports as of Friday). Bruce apparently felt as if he'd been lied to, according to Hadley.

Howard Balzer has confirmed that Hadley did in fact report this, and according to Howard, he believes it's accurate of the situation. He said Bruce is scheduled to make $4 million this year in San Francisco, which according to Hadley's report is what he was looking for in 2008 from the Rams. Balzer also said it further upset Bruce that he was alerted of his release via television rather than word from anyone at the Rams.

Assuming all this is true - I'm not a fan of Hadley but trust Balzer - this is absolutely ridiculous. It's one thing to release a guy because of cap ramifications; you can argue both sides of that debate because both sides have legitimate points. But if Bruce was promised a certain amount for this season and the front office went back on that promise, that sickens me.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Hadley: Zygmunt promised Bruce $4 million in '08 but reneged

Zygy is a piece of **** how the hell could he let this happen I would be pissed off if i where Bruce also. Bruce got his sweet revenge by joining our ultimate rival and i don't blame him

Ntchwaidumela Guest

Way to go FO...!!!

HB doesn't often talk rubbish. I would not be surprised in the least if this is true?

What a farce....

PHAT-MONEY Guest

I am Glad Ike Stood His Ground. This absolutely Sickens me that they could treat Ike that way. Pathetic.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Assuming all this is true - I'm not a fan of Hadley but trust Balzer - this is absolutely ridiculous. It's one thing to release a guy because of cap ramifications; you can argue both sides of that debate because both sides have legitimate points. But if Bruce was promised a certain amount for this season and the front office went back on that promise, that sickens me.
    This reminds me of the old saying: You can put a bunch of Bows (Saunders, Devaney, etc) on a pig (Zygmunt) but it's still just a pig.

Kinda reinforces the reason why the Rams have been so terribly mediocre the last two decades.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Well if it is true, I hope it gets plastered all over the news and that Jay gets his nose rubbed in it constantly. This is absolutely despicable!

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Another thought: If this is true, maybe some of the Linehan haters can find some other reason to hate him. Lord knows there are millions of reasons, just ask the board.

general counsel is offline Registered User

ONE MILLION DOLLARS! After 14 years we let him go over one million dollars, 1/118 of the cap, and we did it by LYING to him. Now people want to know why he left? He is human after all. No one deserves to be treated like that, let alone isaac bruce.

This says it all

I stand behind ALL my earlier comments on new owner chip rosenbloom, who stood by, did nothing, and let this happen. Nice leadership! Is that what he and the organization stand for, lying to isaac bruce and effectively cheating him out of 1 million after 14 years of service.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

PHAT-MONEY Guest

This is why he went to the Niners. I knew Ike wouldn't do this to Hurt Us fans. Good for Ike. I Hope He tears us Up In St.louis this year. I still want to win, But This will teach Zygmunt a Lesson.

Mooselini Guest

In all honesty guys...I think Bruce should catch like 300 yards against the Rams....how ignorant can these people be?

Keenum is offline Registered User

Glad this came out. This makes me feel better about Bruce leaving, although I am pretty ticked at our front office now.

Our front office is CRAP CRAP CRAP. Is there any way to get Zygmunt fired, along with several other of those stooges?

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-MONEY View Post
    This is why he went to the Niners. I knew Ike wouldn't do this to Hurt Us fans. Good for Ike. I Hope He tears us Up In St.louis this year. I still want to win, But This will teach Zygmunt a Lesson.
    Zygmunt is an old dog .. he isn't going to learn any new tricks. He just needs to be GONE !!!

mpire Guest

chances of the guy wanting to do one of those sign for a day deals to end his career as a Ram just took a beating.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mpire View Post
    chances of the guy wanting to do one of those sign for a day deals to end his career as a Ram just took a beating.
    nahh I doubt He will Let that Get In the way Of Him retiring a ram. Ike Is a Great Man He wont Hold a Grudge....... *whispers to self* I Hope.

moklerman Guest

This is a great day for Rams fans. The ***** are offically classier than the Rams.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-02-2008, 07:26 PM