Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Hadley: Zygmunt promised Bruce $4 million in '08 but reneged

I initially questioned the validity of the report as well, since it came from Hadley. When Howard chimed in with his opinion, I thought he gave the story more credibility.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    You missed the point. This is about the Rams allegedly lying to Bruce about promised money and then not paying it and cutting him, not just about letting stars walk.
    No I think it's you thats missing the point. Teams let players go all the time. & yes some find out in unfavorable ways, And this is an alleged statment over the release of Bruce. Now look I don't agree with how all this went down, but if it did, it did so what I'm I going to stop being a fan cuz the front office screwed up. Hell no, this stuff happens all the time & I for one am tired of some of the fans stating they are junping ship or that we have a class less organization. If you don't like some of the decisions that have been made thats fine, but to start rippin tha Rams & not supporting them, do all of us real fans a favor follow Bruce to SF. I for 1 hope when the Rams & whiners meet that Bruce is shut down end of story.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    He said, she said bull.

Until I hear it from Bruce and quoted as such, I will not listen. You all talk about Bernie...Like Hadley is any better. A true pot stir-er.

By the way...I heard from Phat Phang told Nick that heard it through r8rh8rmike said to mauiram that Big-Blue wrote to Tx, that Utter eats her salad with a spoon.
    Thanks, RW I needed a good laugh

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I 100% believe portions of this, but also think it is getting pretty bent up to be one sided. People are playing off fans emotions. No one was there, no has heard what happened and it takes two to tango. I am not saying the oval office is right or this story is 100% false. I just know there are always two sides to every story. And I don't want to believe we would be so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I initially questioned the validity of the report as well, since it came from Hadley. When Howard chimed in with his opinion, I thought he gave the story more credibility.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Good for Bruce, he deserves better. I hate seeing him on any other team besides this one, especially the whiners, but the man deserves better.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE View Post
    No I think it's you thats missing the point. Teams let players go all the time. & yes some find out in unfavorable ways, And this is an alleged statment over the release of Bruce. Now look I don't agree with how all this went down, but if it did, it did so what I'm I going to stop being a fan cuz the front office screwed up. Hell no, this stuff happens all the time & I for one am tired of some of the fans stating they are junping ship or that we have a class less organization. If you don't like some of the decisions that have been made thats fine, but to start rippin tha Rams & not supporting them, do all of us real fans a favor follow Bruce to SF. I for 1 hope when the Rams & whiners meet that Bruce is shut down end of story.
    I didn't miss the point. The point of this thread is saying that the Rams possibly lied to Bruce about money. Moklerman feels the Rams are classless if it's true. You brought up releasing stars, when this could be about a lot more than just releasing stars which is all I said.

I didn't say anything about not being a fan. I've been saying the same thing for 3 days. We should have kept Bruce, but I'm still a Rams fan first and foremost.

If this is true, it was a classless move. There is no denying that.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -03-02-2008 at 11:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

moklerman is offline Registered User

Is Bruce signing the exact same deal that the Rams promised him, but with a team that he's hated for years, not provide some sort of validity for those of you who just can't believe the scumbags in charge could do something like this.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I think he signed to play for mike martz. i dont think it mattered what team it was. Someone he knew and trusted and always treated him fairly and with respect.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I think he signed to play for mike martz. i dont think it mattered what team it was. Someone he knew and trusted and always treated him fairly and with respect.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I agree. If Martz had remained in Detroit for '08, I think Bruce would be there instead of San Fran.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    I wonder if those guys found out they were released by the TV?
    If this is true, I can't think of anything more cowardly or disgraceful.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I agree. If Martz had remained in Detroit for '08, I think Bruce would be there instead of San Fran.
    For sure. I read somewhere this weekend (I forget where now) that Martz called Bruce right when he heard he was released.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    I 100% believe portions of this, but also think it is getting pretty bent up to be one sided. People are playing off fans emotions. No one was there, no has heard what happened and it takes two to tango. I am not saying the oval office is right or this story is 100% false. I just know there are always two sides to every story. And I don't want to believe we would be so stupid.
    The same front office that blundered into only having $6.2 million in cap space? The same front office that has historically had only mixed results in its scouting and signing efforts since Vermeil left? This doesn't really surprise me one bit.

Look...I'm still a fan, but I'm really, really leaning towards not giving this organization any of my money until certain members of the front office leave.

keith m. klink Guest

Can't someone just kick this ZAGMUTT guy in his sack already . lordy lord he needs to be brought out to the shed real good . let's close this wound , this team has been bled dry by this band of white collars and we need a whole big yardsale in the FO.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Ziggy is a lawyer people, he is paid to lie! (No offense to our member lawyers of course!) Seriously, who here hasn't thought this guy to be a weasel? I think he was one of the reasons Vermeil left, definitely Martz and now Bruce. He is a money schmo, not a football man. He doesn't care about anything the line.

I have long been a supporter of the players and coaches, but not the ownership or who they have chosen to run the team. At least not since Madam Ram took over.

Yodude is offline Registered User

This front office is being run by a bunch of low-life scumbags.

Anyone who hasn't figured that out from the past 30 years....well, I feel sorry for you.

So much for the "tough business decision" theory.

This is Isaac Bruce for crying out loud...it makes me sick.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -03-03-2008 at 09:43 AM.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-02-2008, 07:26 PM