Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    majorram is offline Registered User

Re: Hadley: Zygmunt promised Bruce $4 million in '08 but reneged

What a week!!! if this IS true then this just plain sucks and to one of the greatest Rams.........................A sad week in Rams history

steve:l

"The breakfast Club"

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

IF this is true (and that is still a big IF), then it is a shame; and marks one of the lowest points of Rams history. I support the business decision.........but not the dirty business decision. If his last restructuring included this agreement, Zygmunt should have stuck by it regardless of who he made the promise to.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I think he signed to play for mike martz. i dont think it mattered what team it was. Someone he knew and trusted and always treated him fairly and with respect.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    say what you want about Mike Martz and we all have said things at different times but just look at the loyality his players and former players show him.Look at how many former Rams followed to Detroit and now Isaac goes to the Niners because of Martz,a place Bruce would have never even considered had Martz not been there.I don't ever remember Martz getting verbally abused by a player during a game on national tv. Will any of our currant players follow Linehan after he gets canned next season,sorry for getting a little off topic.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

****RUMOR**** should'n't that be at the top of this thread?

I'm very sad to see BRUCE leave us. Can't blame him "IF" he was lied to.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    say what you want about Mike Martz and we all have said things at different times but just look at the loyality his players and former players show him.Look at how many former Rams followed to Detroit and now Isaac goes to the Niners because of Martz,a place Bruce would have never even considered had Martz not been there.I don't ever remember Martz getting verbally abused by a player during a game on national tv. Will any of our currant players follow Linehan after he gets canned next season,sorry for getting a little off topic.

Exactly right on Martz. Rams players at least loved playing for him.

Look, however this came down Bruce is now a whiner. Can't say I blame him for going somewhere he felt he would be wanted because it sounds like the Rams FO didn't want him.

I bet if Martz was still here, Bruce would be too. MM wouldn't stand for that.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

This is just a bunch of he said she bullcrap. & to just throw another twist in it if the FO had promised this to Bruce, why then wasn't it written into a contract so it's legal & binding & for all to see. If Bruce & his agent went on a good faith handshake from this FO then shame on them. It makes for a very bad buisness decision on thier part.

moklerman is offline Registered User

Yeah, because no one ever makes a behind the scense deal so the salary cap isn't affected.

Why would anyone take Shaw/Zygmunt/etc. word over Isaac Bruce's words and actions in this case?

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    He said, she said bull.

Until I hear it from Bruce and quoted as such, I will not listen. You all talk about Bernie...Like Hadley is any better. A true pot stir-er.

By the way...I heard from Phat Phang told Nick that heard it through r8rh8rmike said to mauiram that Big-Blue wrote to Tx, that Utter eats her salad with a spoon.
    Agreed, until we hear it from Bruce it is just a rumor

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    Yeah, because no one ever makes a behind the scense deal so the salary cap isn't affected.

Why would anyone take Shaw/Zygmunt/etc. word over Isaac Bruce's words and actions in this case?
    But at this point, aren't we talking about Hadley's word over Hadley's word? Has Shaw, Zygmunt or Bruce made a statement regarding this?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

mdram is offline Registered User

Tell me what zagnut has ever been good for. He was a bean counter who they made general manager. He had done a terrible job at gm and a horrible job on the cap.
    He must have pictures with someone with a goat in order for him to keep his job.

Hadley's word, backed by Balzer's opinion. Not concrete but I would bet that it's all we'll ever get from Bruce's side. Those waiting for Bruce to comment on ANYTHING might as well get comfortable. Bernie wrote that he didn't believe it but said that the other guys have their sources, he has his and he'd have to do some checking before commenting further. I thought he was going to talk to Bruce today but I didn't see anything on it yet.

Hadley's story, Balzer's support, Rams history, Bruce's history and actions...more than just "he said/he said" in my opinion.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Of course, now Bernie has chimed in that he does not think the report is accurate.

Hmmm.... forced to choose between trusting Bernie or Hadley....

I haven't been faced with a choice between such a pair of untrustworthy individuals since...

Well... since the last Presidential election.

(and no, that was not an invitation to start a political debate )

Hmmm.... forced to choose between trusting Bernie or Hadley....
    Of course, it's not just that and, conceding the fact that NO reporter is ever 100% right, they are much closer to the situation than most of us. I'll happily call them on it if they just pulled it out of the ether but at this point, it seems really feasable.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    But at this point, aren't we talking about Hadley's word over Hadley's word? Has Shaw, Zygmunt or Bruce made a statement regarding this?
    If it was just Hadley's word I would be very skeptical, but when you throw Balzer into the mix I really start to wonder if it may be true. Don't you?
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    ONE MILLION DOLLARS! After 14 years we let him go over one million dollars, 1/118 of the cap, and we did it by LYING to him. Now people want to know why he left? He is human after all. No one deserves to be treated like that, let alone isaac bruce.

This says it all

I stand behind ALL my earlier comments on new owner chip rosenbloom, who stood by, did nothing, and let this happen. Nice leadership! Is that what he and the organization stand for, lying to isaac bruce and effectively cheating him out of 1 million after 14 years of service.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I'll second that! My feelings exactly.

Insane, I hardly believe it. Lying and cheating Bruce out of 1 million - to do that to anyone would be treacherous but to Bruce of all people, a class act all the way.

Hell of a way for a new owner to start his relationship with the players and the fans. Looks like Chip will be the same kind of owner Georgia was - the kind that stays completely out of the business and let the monster that is Shawmunt do whatever it pleases.

Now where are all those apologist that believe in our FO? This is our FO.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-02-2008, 07:26 PM