chiguy is offline Registered User

Halftime adjustments

Is it just me, or does it seem like Linehan gets outcoached at halftime of every game. We've seen this a few times now. We have a good game plan and play OK in the first half. We come out at halftime and the other team has us completely figured out while we keep doing the same thing. Its getting a little old.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Halftime adjustments

im not sure its the lack of halftime changes thats really the problem, but it seems the team lacks some bit after halftime. i dont know what happens in the locker room but it takes something out of the team

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    im not sure its the lack of halftime changes thats really the problem, but it seems the team lacks some bit after halftime. i dont know what happens in the locker room but it takes something out of the team
    Could it be that our Rams played their hearts out in the 1st half. Then came out in the 2nd half with their spirits broken ??? Not every player but the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Could it be that our Rams played their hearts out in the 1st half. Then came out in the 2nd half with their spirits broken ??? Not every player but the majority.
    even if that is true, you cant do that in football. The Rams team has enough fire power to come back from behind if they play hard, so its stupid if player drop their heads as soon as they are a few points down

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I gotta agree with chiguy. One of the most important in-game functions of a HC is half-time adjustments (contrary to popular belief, it's not time-out management, and official challenge decisions). I don't see Linehan making those. I'm sure he is, but apparently not well.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Is it just me, or does it seem like Linehan gets outcoached at halftime of every game. We've seen this a few times now. We have a good game plan and play OK in the first half. We come out at halftime and the other team has us completely figured out while we keep doing the same thing. Its getting a little old.
    I agree there have been games in the past where Linehans halftime adjustments or lack of should have been questioned.

What adjustments should he have made for this game at half time? It was 14-13 at halftime. We had outplayed the Bears.

i dont think he could have done much, except maybe alter the kick coverage after one got taken back for a TD

but you cant blame Linehan for not changing things when the Rams were leading

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    i dont think he could have done much, except maybe alter the kick coverage after one got taken back for a TD

but you cant blame Linehan for not changing things when the Rams were leading
    huh?

last time i checked when you have 13 and your opponent has 14 that means you are behind...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Olson: "Okay, we're running the ball well on first down and the mid-range passing game is clicking. Let's stick with that in the second half."

Linehan: "No..... that's just what they're expecting us to do."

Olson: "I knew I picked the wrong week to stop drinking."