RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Hanifan hired to replace Snow in Rams' broadcast booth

Hanifan hired to replace Snow in Rams' broadcast booth

BY DAN CAESAR
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    06/16/2006

Jim Hanifan spent decades as a football coach, becoming what many consider to be the best offensive line teacher in National Football League history.

But now he'll get his first full season as an NFL radio analyst, as he has been hired to replace Jack Snow in the Rams' booth.

Hanifan filled in late last season after Snow became seriously ill before dying in the offseason from complications of a staph infection.

Hanifan worked on the pregame show year, and had been the No. 3 man in the booth in his first season of retirement from coaching before subbing for Snow.

But now he'll be the analyst from Game 1 and work with play-by-play announcer Steve Savard, who will be entering his seventh season. Hanifan said it will be bittersweet.

``I thoroughly enjoyed doing it last year, I had a lot of fun doing it, it kept me in the game,'' Hanifan said. ``But I didn't want to do it because of the circumstances. It was horrible with Jack.''

Hanifan has had his own health problems lately, as he is recovering from fusion surgery on his back in late April. He is undergoing therapy and still needs to wear a brace.

``Even though I feel really good ... I have to make (darn) sure I don't do things I'm not supposed to,'' he said.

Also, former Rams defensive tackle D'Marco Farr will join the pregame program.

RamsFan16

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Re: Hanifan hired to replace Snow in Rams' broadcast booth

Hope they put 7 second delay on that guy! LOL them line coaches is mean and foul mouthed.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!