Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Happy to be 3-3!

  1. #16
    J-RodRamFan's Avatar
    J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    DMV- Maryland
    Posts
    409
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Happy to be 3-3!

    Not trying to rub a negative feel but I have prepared my self to see us with a 3-6 record after San Fran. However, we can always get an upset win. Any team can win any given Sunday(Or Mon/Thurs) for that matter. We all agree Green Bay got robbed, but robbed or not, the Hawks played GB close and we beat the Hawks. Cards beat the Pats and we beat the Cards. So you never know what can happen.


  2. #17
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,255
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: Happy to be 3-3!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    I always start the season with high expectations. So, 3-3 at this point is just ok. I'm not really that happy about it considering where we could be.

    I was not happy after the loss, I was not happy this morning, I was not happy at work while being around happy seahacks fans and I'm still not happy. We should be 4-2 and like laram0 says possibly 5-1.

    I'm not buying into the "it could be worse" mindset. That's just BS and negative thinking. We have earned our wins, so it could not be worse. It could only be better and should be better.



    Sure, we could be 5-1 right now, and in fact I made that point to another Rams fan on Monday. However, we could just as easily be 1-5. If the Redskins do not commit the stupid penalty at the end of the game, if the Seahawks manage a FG, the Rams could be at 1-5.

    But they are not, and I think that's the silver lining to this season so far, and why most of us are not necessarily happy, but we're not sad. In the past, the Rams would have been 1-5. I think the Rams are right were they should be. As someone else said, they are what their record says they are. They're good enough on defense and physical (finally) enough to stay in games. They're producing just enough offense (in at least two games) to win some games. But they're also young and injured, which will result in some blown coverages, missed assignments and at times, undisciplined play.

    After what we've been through with this organization lately, 3-3 looks pretty good right now. I had them winning 4-6 games, and I still think that's where they're going to be. I think it's closer to 6 wins, then 4 now, after seeing the progress they've made. However, it wouldn't surprise me to see them lose the next three games, because they're going to be the dogs in each and every one of them. To win any of the next three, they'll have to pull an upset. They can do it, and that's the difference this year. I actually believe they can steal a game from the Packers, Patriots or Whiners.

    Last year. Not so much.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  3. #18
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    49
    Posts
    8,614
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Happy to be 3-3!

    Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    I meant in terms of staying in the pocket, sliding within it. The way Brady and Manning plays, they slide in the pocket to buy time and let the route of their receivers develop and then throw either a dart or bomb to the receiver that has made their progressions. I'd like to see Sam do that more, especially once his legs start deteriorating in the later stages of his career.
    Yeah I agree, he's done it a few times, would be nice to see him do it more often.

  4. #19
    Curly Horns's Avatar
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1st & Goal
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Happy to be 3-3!

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Sure, we could be 5-1 right now, and in fact I made that point to another Rams fan on Monday. However, we could just as easily be 1-5. If the Redskins do not commit the stupid penalty at the end of the game, if the Seahawks manage a FG, the Rams could be at 1-5.

    But they are not, and I think that's the silver lining to this season so far, and why most of us are not necessarily happy, but we're not sad. In the past, the Rams would have been 1-5. I think the Rams are right were they should be. As someone else said, they are what their record says they are. They're good enough on defense and physical (finally) enough to stay in games. They're producing just enough offense (in at least two games) to win some games. But they're also young and injured, which will result in some blown coverages, missed assignments and at times, undisciplined play.

    After what we've been through with this organization lately, 3-3 looks pretty good right now. I had them winning 4-6 games, and I still think that's where they're going to be. I think it's closer to 6 wins, then 4 now, after seeing the progress they've made. However, it wouldn't surprise me to see them lose the next three games, because they're going to be the dogs in each and every one of them. To win any of the next three, they'll have to pull an upset. They can do it, and that's the difference this year. I actually believe they can steal a game from the Packers, Patriots or Whiners.

    Last year. Not so much.
    To start with the seahacks needed a TD on the final drive not just a FG.

    Now, I'm not the one that started any "what if" talk. That was started by another poster. Look, we can "what if" things to death and never get anywhere. Not that we are going to get anywhere anyways because that never happens on this board.

    This thread was posted following the loss to the fish. In essence it was a defeatist post or I'll settle for the loss because we are now 3-3 and that's good enough for the op. What's more the op is happy about it. In essence he is happy about the loss because we are still 3-3 and that's good enough for the op.

    I'm sorry but I disagree. I'm not happy about it and I'm not going to "what if" by buying into the "things could be worse" mindset.

    I'm also not going to be happy about it because it is better than last year or recent years. THIS IS NOT LAST YEARS TEAM!!! This is a new team and it's really not fair to compare to last years team. And I'm not going to justify being happy because I've compared apples to oranges. That's ridiculous. We made stupid mistakes, generally played with a lack of discipline and lost the game. I'M NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!! OK?!?

    See, we have gained absolutely nothing and I have wasted valuable time that I need to get ready to go to work tomorrow to explain in detail why I disagree.





  5. #20
    mh-i's Avatar
    mh-i is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    CA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,158
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Happy to be 3-3!

    Keeping all of our front line players is key to the Rams success this season. We're still a little thin in the depth department but even that is better than last season as can be seen in the play of the Rams special teams. For me the Rams major improvement from a talent standpoint is on the defensive side of the ball. That's why we have been in most every game this season until the end. The offense still has another off season to go. Until we are regularly scoring more than 1 touchdown a game I will feel that way. These next 3 games will clearly expose that I believe.

  6. #21
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,006
    Rep Power
    124

    Re: Happy to be 3-3!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    I'm sorry but I disagree. I'm not happy about it and I'm not going to "what if" by buying into the "things could be worse" mindset.
    I'm the one who said things could be worse, which in theory, they could be, just as you said things should be better, which in theory, they could be. We own the wins, and we own the losses, and we deserve to be a 3-3 team. I'm not happy about that, but it sure beats being 2-4 or 1-5. For the record, I'd be happy if we were 4-2.

    We sat next to each other at the Seattle game, and sweated out the last few minutes. We both know the Rams could have lost to the Seahawks, which would have made things much worse than 3-3.

  7. #22
    Curly Horns's Avatar
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1st & Goal
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Happy to be 3-3!

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I'm the one who said things could be worse, which in theory, they could be, just as you said things should be better, which in theory, they could be. We own the wins, and we own the losses, and we deserve to be a 3-3 team. I'm not happy about that, but it sure beats being 2-4 or 1-5. For the record, I'd be happy if we were 4-2.

    We sat next to each other at the Seattle game, and sweated out the last few minutes. We both know the Rams could have lost to the Seahawks, which would have made things much worse than 3-3.
    Mike, it is still a "what if" scenario.

    Was that the point of this thread? Especially when the thread comes on the heels of a loss.

    I'M NOT HAPPY ABOUT THE LOSS!!!.

    I'm not happy that the hacks pulled another win out of their ass and we simply played like ass.





  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Glenrothes, SCOTLAND
    Posts
    9,963
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Happy to be 3-3!

    Am I happy we are at 50% .............. mmmm

    WAS I GUTTED AFTER LOOSING THE GAME TO THE FINS YES YES YES!

    WILL I BE GUTTED IF WE LOOSE THE NEXT 3

    HELL YES

    But saying all that, I am VERY HAPPY at the way this team has moved forward
    Curly Horns, r8rh8rmike and laram0 like this.


  9. #24
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,006
    Rep Power
    124

    Re: Happy to be 3-3!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Mike, it is still a "what if" scenario.

    Was that the point of this thread? Especially when the thread comes on the heels of a loss.

    I'M NOT HAPPY ABOUT THE LOSS!!!.

    I'm not happy that the hacks pulled another win out of their ass and we simply played like ass.




    I think Dez and others have nailed the point of this thread, that the Rams are improving and moving in the right direction.That's a GREAT thing to see play out. My qualifying where we are with "things could be worse", or your qualifying where we are with "should be better", doesn't change that.

  10. #25
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    49
    Posts
    8,614
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Happy to be 3-3!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    This thread was posted following the loss to the fish. In essence it was a defeatist post or I'll settle for the loss because we are now 3-3 and that's good enough for the op. What's more the op is happy about it. In essence he is happy about the loss because we are still 3-3 and that's good enough for the op.
    I don't see this as a defeatist post at all. It's a big picture evaluation of where the poster sees us currently compared to his expectation of where he thought we would be. I don't read it and think for a second he thinks it's OK we let two games get away and is happy about that or it's OK we are not 5-1.

    The real meat in the post is look what coming over the next three weeks!

    If I where to believe we are going to lose the next three games and it turns out we win two of them but lose one that we could have won. I then make a statement "two out of three isn't too bad." Does that make me a "defeatist"?

  11. #26
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Happy to be 3-3!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    To start with the seahacks needed a TD on the final drive not just a FG.

    Now, I'm not the one that started any "what if" talk. That was started by another poster. Look, we can "what if" things to death and never get anywhere. Not that we are going to get anywhere anyways because that never happens on this board.

    This thread was posted following the loss to the fish. In essence it was a defeatist post or I'll settle for the loss because we are now 3-3 and that's good enough for the op. What's more the op is happy about it. In essence he is happy about the loss because we are still 3-3 and that's good enough for the op.

    I'm sorry but I disagree. I'm not happy about it and I'm not going to "what if" by buying into the "things could be worse" mindset.

    I'm also not going to be happy about it because it is better than last year or recent years. THIS IS NOT LAST YEARS TEAM!!! This is a new team and it's really not fair to compare to last years team. And I'm not going to justify being happy because I've compared apples to oranges. That's ridiculous. We made stupid mistakes, generally played with a lack of discipline and lost the game. I'M NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!! OK?!?

    See, we have gained absolutely nothing and I have wasted valuable time that I need to get ready to go to work tomorrow to explain in detail why I disagree.




    Ferter, gotta say enjoy the ride. Saying your not happy makes absolutely no sense unless you think the RAMS should be better. That is a "what if" "things could/should be better", even if you didn't type it that way.

    I'd have to go back and read the first post to remind myself of the meat of this threat, but the subject says "Happy to be 3-3!". I don't see a 'Happy we lost' in that. I read this as he is happy we are playing well enough to be competitive. While I was upset that we lost, and feel we had game one stolen from us by a clock operator and a ref that refused (yes Fisher asked to have the clock adjusted) to reset it, I too am "Happy to be 3-3!" because of the same reason I believe the OP was; the RAMS are competitive again. With more experience (and health), we will be a post season regular.


    gap

  12. #27
    Curly Horns's Avatar
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1st & Goal
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Happy to be 3-3!

    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Ferter, gotta say enjoy the ride. Saying your not happy makes absolutely no sense unless you think the RAMS should be better. That is a "what if" "things could/should be better", even if you didn't type it that way.
    Yes, exactly. It is a "what if" in response to the first "what if". I already explained that. I also stated that we could "what if" things to death and never get anywhere. Actually I liked Mike's response right up to the point when he said "things could be worse". That was like hearing fingernails scraping on a chalk board, and I hate that sound....lol


    One last attempt:

    I don't know how to settle this, I really don't. I'm not changing my stance on this. This is an ill-timed thread. It might be the most ill-timed thread in the history of ill-timed threads, but that is another debate.

    Do you all realize that had we won that game we would be in sole possession of first place in the division?

    And to me, to brush it off after the loss with a "Happy to be 3-3" that just does not sit well with me. I'm sorry. I apologize to all of you that don't understand that. But I'm not changing my stance. Had we been coming off a win to get to .500 then hell yes I'd be happy to be 3-3 at that point. Rest assured I'm not saying that 3-3 is a bad thing at this point. It was the timing the implications with the division lead on the line.

    I don't know what else to say to try and get some understanding.





    RamDez likes this.

  13. #28
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,006
    Rep Power
    124

    Re: Happy to be 3-3!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Yes, exactly. It is a "what if" in response to the first "what if". I already explained that. I also stated that we could "what if" things to death and never get anywhere. Actually I liked Mike's response right up to the point when he said "things could be worse". That was like hearing fingernails scraping on a chalk board, and I hate that sound....lol
    What does "things could be much worse" sound like?


    Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    And to me, to brush it off after the loss with a "Happy to be 3-3" that just does not sit well with me. I'm sorry. I apologize to all of you that don't understand that. But I'm not changing my stance. Had we been coming off a win to get to .500 then hell yes I'd be happy to be 3-3 at that point. Rest assured I'm not saying that 3-3 is a bad thing at this point. It was the timing the implications with the division lead on the line.
    What timing? We're 6 games into a 16 game schedule. A lot can happen in 10 games.

  14. #29
    Curly Horns's Avatar
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1st & Goal
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Happy to be 3-3!

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    What timing? We're 6 games into a 16 game schedule. A lot can happen in 10 games.
    Cmon, I know you're not this obtuse? The timing of the thread, coming off a loss.

  15. #30
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,083
    Rep Power
    106

    Re: Happy to be 3-3!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Yes, exactly. It is a "what if" in response to the first "what if". I already explained that. I also stated that we could "what if" things to death and never get anywhere. Actually I liked Mike's response right up to the point when he said "things could be worse". That was like hearing fingernails scraping on a chalk board, and I hate that sound....lol


    One last attempt:

    I don't know how to settle this, I really don't. I'm not changing my stance on this. This is an ill-timed thread. It might be the most ill-timed thread in the history of ill-timed threads, but that is another debate.

    Do you all realize that had we won that game we would be in sole possession of first place in the division?

    And to me, to brush it off after the loss with a "Happy to be 3-3" that just does not sit well with me. I'm sorry. I apologize to all of you that don't understand that. But I'm not changing my stance. Had we been coming off a win to get to .500 then hell yes I'd be happy to be 3-3 at that point. Rest assured I'm not saying that 3-3 is a bad thing at this point. It was the timing the implications with the division lead on the line.

    I don't know what else to say to try and get some understanding.





    I don't get it? What exactly are you trying to say?
    Curly Horns likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sam ain't happy
    By MACD in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -08-08-2011, 04:04 AM
  2. Happy to be a new Ram!!!
    By Biguglyoldad in forum Welcome to the ClanRam
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -05-19-2007, 04:18 PM
  3. wow I am so happy!
    By ramsplaya16 in forum LOUNGE
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -03-10-2007, 02:51 AM
  4. Happy to be Here
    By nervouswreck in forum Welcome to the ClanRam
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -03-01-2007, 02:48 PM
  5. Putting the Happy Back in Happy Valley
    By DJRamFan in forum COLLEGE
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -08-21-2005, 05:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •