Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Happy to be 3-3!

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Happy to be 3-3!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Cmon, I know you're not this obtuse? The timing of the thread, coming off a loss.
    Curly Horns likes this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Cmon, I know you're not this obtuse? The timing of the thread, coming off a loss.
    I'm glad to see you still have your sense of humor. But watch it!

As far as the timing of this thread, I understand exactly where you're coming from. I'm sure you're not the only one that doesn't want to hear about how good things are after the most painful loss of the season, a loss that cost us the division lead, I GET IT.

That said, I see nothing wrong with looking at the situation in positive terms. We've been beaten down as fans for years, and now we're seeing a team that is quickly moving in the right direction, is competitive week in week out, and has a chance to legitimately win every game we play. When was the last time that was a reality? There is nothing wrong with acknowledging that, and feeling good about it if that's the way you see it.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Yes, exactly. It is a "what if" in response to the first "what if". I already explained that. I also stated that we could "what if" things to death and never get anywhere. Actually I liked Mike's response right up to the point when he said "things could be worse". That was like hearing fingernails scraping on a chalk board, and I hate that sound....lol

One last attempt:

I don't know how to settle this, I really don't. I'm not changing my stance on this. This is an ill-timed thread. It might be the most ill-timed thread in the history of ill-timed threads, but that is another debate.

Do you all realize that had we won that game we would be in sole possession of first place in the division?

And to me, to brush it off after the loss with a "Happy to be 3-3" that just does not sit well with me. I'm sorry. I apologize to all of you that don't understand that. But I'm not changing my stance. Had we been coming off a win to get to .500 then hell yes I'd be happy to be 3-3 at that point. Rest assured I'm not saying that 3-3 is a bad thing at this point. It was the timing the implications with the division lead on the line.

I don't know what else to say to try and get some understanding.

Well stated. And I agree that the timing was bad. But maybe it might also have been good. We spent so much time analysing this thread that we haven't been ragging on the team and players for the los.

gap
    Curly Horns likes this.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I don't get it? What exactly are you trying to say?
    Ha! I was wondering when you were going to speak up. I'm sure you've been kickin' back laughing the entire time.

This is all your fault Mister!

You know you wouldn't be so happy over here in the northwest with the gloating seahawk fans instead of the whiner patriot fans in the northeast

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Obtuse-family guy
    I don't know how you found it but that is good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I GET IT
    That's what I like to hear! Short and right to the point. And that's the beauty of this board. We can cut right to the chase and not have to go on and on about it

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Well stated. And I agree that the timing was bad. But maybe it might also have been good. We spent so much time analysing this thread that we haven't been ragging on the team and players for the los.

gap
    Thanks for the understanding. Good idea of this being a diversion from ragging on the team, I had not thought of that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123