Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RuffRams

Thread: Happy with the outcome

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Happy with the outcome

Looks like Austin wouldn't have lasted till 16. So, sucks to lose the second round, but I just imagined our 22nd as our secobd rounder from there. Also, great move to get a 3rd and 6th to move back 6 spots. Underrated move but was worth it when literally all OLs were gone. (That really surprised me). And when the 28th pick came, I said Lacy, Ogletree, or Elam was good. And we got Ogletree.

Btw the safety depth might have been the reason we didn't take Elam. But I would have loved Lacy there.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Re: Happy with the outcome

same, not my ideal 1st, but it seems that, of course, fisher and co. are planning things we haven't thought of...and this draft was a complete surprise minus a few picks

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Most definitely happy with day one, but there's still plenty of work to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Most definitely happy with day one, but there's still plenty of work to be done.
    Yep that's what I meant. Happy with Day 1 outcome. And indeed. Safety, RB, and OL still needed. No where close to being done.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

I think we can get a starting safety early in the third. So i'm VERY happy with how we played the first round. Then go OL with the other third and this is a really solid draft for us.

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

bit of a rollercoaster day for me.

was disappointed we had to trade up and lose picks but im super stoked we got the explosive playmaker we have coveted for many years.

also happy we traded 22 to get a few picks back but felt a bit bummed we went with Ogletree over Matt Elam.

overall still a good day

Randart is offline Registered User

Oh yeah over all happy with how we manipulated the draft again! Our Brain trust really is adroit at this eh!
    Only sad moment for me really was the dang whiners got my fave safety in the draft now every time he makes a play on us I am going to be cringing! grrrr
    Why, why, why did they have to get him? Oh GAAAAAAAADS, say it ain't so Ma!!!!
    (I feel much better now I got that out of my system!) LOLololol....

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dave View Post
    bit of a rollercoaster day for me.

was disappointed we had to trade up and lose picks but im super stoked we got the explosive playmaker we have coveted for many years.

also happy we traded 22 to get a few picks back but felt a bit bummed we went with Ogletree over Matt Elam.

overall still a good day
    The way I looked at it. It would have sucked if Elam was off the board. But, the fact he wasn't and Ogletree was picked: 'In Fisher we trust.' Like I metioned earlier though, it might be because all the OLs (Even 2nd rounders) went like hot cakes and Safeties are deep this draft.
    Aussie Dave likes this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

As I said before, I would not be happy with dealing up for Austin and then dealing back the 22, and I still am mostly not.

I'm not happy trading up for Austin, because I'm still not convinced he's a game breaker. I don't think this draft had one, but it had depth, which is why I would have preferred keeping our picks and adding to the roster that way. If Austin is a game breaker, I'll happily eat those words.

Looking at who was drafted between 22 and 30, I don't see anyone that came off that I would have expected the Rams to be interested (I seriously doubt they would have drafted two WRs in round 1, so I think Hopkins/Patterson were off the board for them). So my guess is, Ogletree would have been the pick at 22 had they stayed there. Instead they dropped, grabbed an extra pick, and landed the same guy anyway.

So it's a mixed bag for me. If Austin does what they say he can do, I'll be a happy camper though.

ram1906 is offline Registered User

If we can get Swope in round 3 , I will give our staff a standing ovation.... So a Safety and Swope in round 3. He broke all the Texas A&M records as a receiver while playing against sec competition...hummm ....Hope he falls...if he does to us we will have the all track receiving core...Givens Austin, Cook, Swope
    Last edited by ram1906; -04-26-2013 at 09:47 AM.