Bosna-Ram is offline Registered User

It is hard not to be excited!!!

Every season I get very excited when it comes to NFL. I always have high expestations for the Rams, and it is no different this year. I was follaving this offseason and some moves that Rams made are very positive. Many people think this offence will stumble again. This is how I see it:
    Rams still have some talent on that side of the ball, if they can run the ball with Jackson and protect Bulger sky is the limit. With the young line I can see them kicking some old butts. Jackson should be in the back field couple of times during game, that would open room for Ivery to do what he has started doing last year - run deep and score td's. The defence is very young as well, I predict a lot of energy back there moved by brotherhood and head coach. Special teams should be the same...
    My prediction for this season is 10 - 6.
    I hope I am right, and that heavy black cloud has left with 2008 season.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: It is hard not to be excited!!!

I love the optomism. We definitely have some talent on both sides of the ball. Depth is a concern at several positions. If we can avoid the injury bug, and have the ball break our way a few times this season, I can see definite improvement. I am not ready to commit to 10-6, but I have said on occasion that 8-8 looks like a distincy possibility ...

Welcome aboard BTW.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

The Rams are getting there. This is such an important draft for the Rams but selecting as high as they are, I don't see how this regime could screw it up. Only if they draft a player who played one position in college but is "graded out" (whatever that means) to play a different position. Select the player who played let's say K in college to be a K in the pros. Not a S who is graded out to be a LB in the pros.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    The Rams are getting there. This is such an important draft for the Rams but selecting as high as they are, I don't see how this regime could screw it up. Only if they draft a player who played one position in college but is "graded out" (whatever that means) to play a different position. Select the player who played let's say K in college to be a K in the pros. Not a S who is graded out to be a LB in the pros.
    I'd like to add, that my concern with Curry is that he is has been an OLB in college and we need a MLB.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I'd like to add, that my concern with Curry is that he is has been an OLB in college and we need a MLB.
    Which has me concerned as to why such an impressive physical freak with that size is on the outside instead of raising hell inside ...

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Still think I'd rather have Curry than anyone else w/ that pick.

blood85 is offline Registered User

It's very difficult to guess the correct amount of wins, but I will say that this team WILL win more than last year. It starts with baby steps, from there, anything can happen. I look for lots of positive steps this year, our transition to NFL Elite teams starts NOW.

Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User

The rams of late seem to centered around one very important factor, and that of course is the play of SJ, when he is healthy they can battle with the best of them as we saw in the wins against dallas and washington last season. When SJ is down the rams look terrible, and i mean terrible.

My personal optimism stems from a couple of places:
    1. Renewed organization (staff/players/attitude)
    2. Spags
    3. Spags commitment to the running game:
    -Signing of Brown/Karney
    -Probably the selection of an OT in the first two rounds (if not im worried again)

When teams have to worry about SJ beating them up it allows for the other facets of the rams offense to take less defensive pressure and should open the field up for Bulger and Air Avery to take flight. Not to mention SJ keeping the other teams defense on the field and our defense off of it.

My major concern lies not with the starting players, but with who we throw in if SJ goes down (knock on wood) we need a capable running back, maybe a change of pace guy, who would keep the defense on their toes a little more, this is far from a new plan of attack as many teams league wide are adopting a 2-3 running back system, to not do so puts all our eggs in one basket so to speak.

Anyway, i must say i love the direction right now and with every move i definitely get a little more pumped!

GO RAMS
    Defence Wins Championships