Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Hargrove actively being shopped

Anthony Hargrove attracting limited interest...

The Rams have been actively shopping Anthony Hargrove making a variety of calls within the last few days testing the waters around the league.
    http://www.hadleyonsports.com/getRep...25421&size=595

What could we be looking for? CB in return? Draft Picks? I think a good trade would be AH for a 3rd.

RamsFan16

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Hargrove actively being shopped

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    I think a good trade would be AH for a 3rd.
    Of course it would be good because it'd be a steal for us. Hargrove was originally selected in the third and hasn't done much of anything, so any organization that would give us a third in return should have their personnel department cleared. If we're looking for a pick, we'd be fortunate to get a fifth I think. But I don't think you shop a guy right now to get a pick, so we're likely looking for a player.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

I know this is a huge reach and a madden trade but look at this scenerio. On madden it seems fair, this happens to be from another Message Board by the way.

I wonder how many three way trades the NFL has ever had? I thought we could work with the Raiders, and another team, say the Steelers, and we trade Hargrove and McDonald to the Raiders, Steelers get Randy Moss, and we get Joey Porter. Ok, maybe not, truthfully, could get some picks.

Could be a a pretty good LB core,
    SLB-Tinoisamo
    MLB-Porter
    WLB-Witherspoon

I heard rumors the Steelers are interested in Randy Moss, and he is from what I heard originally from Steeler country, he is from West Virginia.
    RamsFan16

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

And exactly what part of the Hargrove/McDonald-for-Moss is in any way appealing fair for the Raiders?

Please, PLEASE, enough with the Madden trades. I don't care what Madden's trade logic says, and neither does the rest of the real world.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

I said it was some guy on a message board and I said its a madden trade, I got only a kick out of it, no seriousness.
    RamsFan16

general counsel is offline Registered User

Someone is spending a little too much time with the hookah pipe coming up with stuff like that.

As for hargrove, it doesnt shock me that they would try to get some value for him if they can get anything. First, Avs boy Big Victor is clearly a keeper. Second, we are going to resign leonard. Third, the "personal problems" are not just some minor mishap, this is a league of professionals and i dont think that kind of juvenille crap really flies. Fourth, hargrove has shown no indication of any kind of becoming a star type player. At this point, he is really not much different if at all from brandon green.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Rambos is offline Registered User

I wonder what Hargove did that day he missed practice or days?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I can't think the value on Hargrove is much of anything for a couple of reasons.

1. I believe he is an RFA this year, so if somebody wants him knowing the Rams are shopping him now, they can just make an offer in the offseason assuming the Rams probably won't match.

2. Why give up something for an underproductive player when next year's draft is again pretty rich with good DE prospects?

3. If you're going to bring baggage with you, you better at least be productive......Moss, Owens, Sapp. I don't see TH's production matching his baggage at this point.

Nick's right, if we get a 5th for him, take it and be happy.

But, of course, this is Hadley.....who knows where he got this?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I wouldn't get my undies in a bunch about this. WHY?

1) Hargrove has done very little the past few seasons and for the most part has been a pretty big disappointment.

2) Our line play is weak. A shake up might be just what the doctor ordered.

3) This is Hadley speaking. He speculates more than a weatherman.

4) This might be a coaching started rumor to light a bit of a fire under an under achiever.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -10-14-2006 at 07:55 AM.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    And exactly what part of the Hargrove/McDonald-for-Moss is in any way appealing fair for the Raiders?

Please, PLEASE, enough with the Madden trades. I don't care what Madden's trade logic says, and neither does the rest of the real world.
    I agree, no more Madden trade crap. Save it for the Lounge, not Ram Talk, or better yet just save it period because it doesn't represent anything to do with how real football trades are negotiated. It's not hard to rip a team off in a Madden trade.

Since Hadley brought this up I'm very skeptical, and I believe HUb is right about Hargrove being a RFA so teams probably won't offer anything (they would just wait until seasons end) unless they are desperate now.

I also like RW's thought of this "rumor" just trying to light a fire under Hargrove.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Is Victor really stealing the job from this guy? He's that much better?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I know the fronnt office has gotten active of late but I would be really surprised and not a little disappointed, if they were to trade Hargrove mid-season.

It just doesn't make sense to trade a third round pick with two years limited experience when the best you could hope to get would be a 5th round pick (I agree with Nick here) or another teams reserve DB. Look how well the Thomas for Johnson trade turned out............................

There's very limited value for us here.

Unless Hargrove comitted a far more serious offence than has been reported, I would be very surprised if a trade were to materialise. We have very little proven depth at the end position and Adeyanju, whilst playing well, cannot be said to have proven himself a fixture for years to come. He's only started two games.

And for my part, I would truly like to see an end to these Madden trades that crop up occasionally in the forums. Just not worth discussing.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I'll line up with the crowd that's really tired of the Madden trades. I like the game, play it occasionally myself, but let's not kid ourselves it's only a game and the trades hold no relevance in the real world at all - so let's agree to stop the nonsense.

As for trading Hargrove I don't think it's a good idea, I agree with the sentiment we can't really get more than a 5th round pick or a player of (perceived) similar value. For that value it's just not worth it, I'd rather keep him around even if he's not starting. Someone mentioned it could be the front office leaking this to light a fire under Hargrove. I wouldn't rule that out, we've seen the front office play this game with the media succesfully before, remember our sudden 'interest' in drafting Jay Cutler? In that case let's hope we achieve what we're trying to do here.

rams2cool is offline Registered User

Maybe just a motivational tool to light a fire under hargrove ? Just a thought.
    :clanram:Rams2cool

chiguy is offline Registered User

Victor isn't necessarily stealing Hargrove's time because he's better. Neither is dynamite, but only one of them is acting like a professional.

I've never understood the Ram fans' patience with Hargrove. I was convinced last year that he wasn't going to be good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast