Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel Guest

Hargrove and kennedy get better every week

Did you guys see hargrove dominate walter jones on that one play and drop alexander for a loss? The huge sack by the Big Bear on the last drive? Fisher has had a great year at defensive end for us but he is an unrestricted free agent and may command very big money, which we probably cant afford. If leonard comes back, i think hargrove may be an every down guy next year (of course it would be great if we could find a way to keep bryce fisher also). Kennedy is really asserting himself and i think that is helping pickett as well since big grease no longer gets all the attention from the blockers.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

tanus is offline Registered User

Re: Hargrove and kennedy get better every week

agreed, so who still thinks Jimmy Kennedy is a bust?

Yodude is offline Registered User

Kennedy's improvement could be a HUGE help for this defense.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I wasn't sure about Kennedy. I was trying to be patient with him, but he took longer than I expected to pull it together. The NFL must be a tough place for rookies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I have to give props to Damione Lewis as well for pushing his man back into the pocket on that last play, causing Hasselbeck to be flushed out and effectively destroying the timing and the pocket. Our D-line looks like it's really coming around.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

majorram is offline Registered User

I agree general, that huge sack on the last drive made by Kennedy was a thing of beauty!!!!...Hargrove contiunes to just impress me every week, How old is this kid????? hes going to be Good......

steve :ramlogo:

theodus69 Guest

Refer to bulger and the deep ball!Replyed to wrong thread! :redface:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by tanus
    agreed, so who still thinks Jimmy Kennedy is a bust?
    Exactly, Tanus! Where's all the Kennedy-is-a-bust crowd? The whole D-line looked great. Not a ton of pressure, but they slowed Alexander to a crawl. They're certainly peaking at the right time.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

coy bacon Guest

Wait a second, I'm still here. I've dumped on Kennedy for a long time. So, you say he's had a few good games, during the past 2 years? So what? Haven't I heard the same baloney about Lewis and Pickett as well?

Don't let the euphoria of a win cloud your judgment. A few good games does not a season make. "No sale" here. Could it be that other teams OL's are not up for our sieve DL, and caught a bit over-confident?

Maybe average DL play impresses you cause you're so use to mediocracy?

Talk about JK mid-way through next season. Up to now, as a 1st round pick, like Lewis and Pickett, he's been a disappointment.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

There's a difference there.

Kennedy's has demonstrated a linear progression. He was a non-factor last year, worked hard in the offseason, was side-tracked with an injury, came back, worked his way into the starting lineup, and now is starting to play like a long-term starter should.

If he continues to progress next year, he'll be a major part of this defense.

coy bacon Guest

I understand that Kennedy's tried to improve. Kudos to him. But I'm not letting him off the hook for such a sorry first year's effort, (surely you guys haven't forgotten so quickly), and an overall DISMAL 2nd year (getting back in shape and injuries). Even if he starts next year doesn't say much... look at what he's competing against.

But, I hope that late next year, ya'll are saying, "Coy, you were wrong, JK is a starting all-Pro DT." I'd like that, I'd like the sound of that a lot.

Coy brings a valid point to this discussion. Kennedy has been slow to pick up this defence. Saying that, his improvement over the last few games has been marked and like Coy says, if he continues this upward trend then who knows

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'll walk the limb on this one. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but....barring injury, by the end of next season, Kennedy will be considered a top 10 DT in this league.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

DJRamFan Guest

Kennedy has had two years to show himself, I'm not ready to put him on the pedestal just yet. I want to see him do it through the whole playoffs.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

The way Marmie's scheme is starting to play itself out, I'm really liking my defense again. The front four have been our best defensive weapons lately, when was the last time we as Rams fans could say that?

Maybe it helps to have everyone healthy, and Ryan Pickett just busting up whoever lines up opposite of him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast