TRAM is offline Registered User

Hargrove reportedly traded to BUF for 5th rounder

Yahoo Sports is reporting that the Rams have traded Anthony Hargrove to Buffalo for a fifth round pick.

I don't know if I agree with this one.

TRAM

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Hargrove reportedly traded to BUF for 5th rounder

I didn't want this to happen. I really think this is a big mistake. We shouldn't be relying on a rookie like this..

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

We must have someone we are wanting to take his roster spot immediately. On one hand it's good to get something for him while we can, and on the other hand it's bad to hope our D line stays injury free and we don't end up needing him and regretting this trade.

JackieSlater is offline Registered User

Did'nt see this one coming!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Just wrote a quick article on this move (in conjunction with the Pisa signing).

I think the Rams may have someone in mind for the roster spot. Three possibilities:

1. Derrick Strait, DB (recently released by Jets)

2. Troy Vincint, DB (recently released by Bills)

3. Someone from the practice squad (maybe Marques Hagans)

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Here's a quick article on it...

Rams trade Hargrove to Buffalo
    JIM SALTER
    Associated Press

ST. LOUIS - Anthony Hargrove, a third-year defensive end who lost his starting job with the St. Louis Rams after skipping two days of practice and meetings earlier this season, was traded Monday to Buffalo for a fifth-round pick in the 2007 draft.

Hargrove, a third-round selection (154th overall) out of Georgia Tech in 2004, played in 35 games for St. Louis, starting 19. He had just two tackles, one assist and one-half sack this season. For his career, Hargrove has 64 tackles, 13 assists and eight sacks.

Hargrove was inactive Sunday, when the Rams lost 30-28 to Seattle, and played just three games this season. He earned a spot in coach Scott Linehan's doghouse by failing to show up at Rams Park on consecutive days late last month.

Hargrove was fined an undisclosed amount, and did not make the trip to Arizona for the Rams' 16-14 victory on Sept. 24. Rookie Victor Adeyanju, a fourth-round pick, took over Hargrove's spot.

Hargrove apologized for his absence, but declined to shed any light on the personal issues that led him to take time off without notifying the team.

The Rams (4-2) have a bye week. A team spokesman said Linehan would discuss the trade during a 4 p.m. CDT news conference.

Hargrove could get immediate playing time in Buffalo. The Bills' pass rush has been ineffective, and the team is thin on the defensive line. Buffalo was down to three defensive tackles after placing rookie first-round pick John McCargo on injured reserve Saturday after he broke his left foot against Chicago on Oct. 8.

Buffalo (2-4) has managed just six sacks in the past four games. The Bills have also struggled against the run, allowing 287 yards rushing in the past two games.

Buffalo starts two rookie safeties, and rookie fifth-round defensive tackle Kyle Williams has had significant playing time.

Two time all-pro linebacker Takeo Spikes returned for Sunday's 20-17 loss to previously-winless Detroit after missing four games with a hamstring injury.
    And not to toot my own horn (okay, maybe a little) but two days ago I mentioned that we'd be fortunate to get a fifth round pick for him. Turns out that's exactly what we get, so this looks like a good deal to me. Adeyanju has shown flashes and I think a rotation between he and Green will work well until Victor takes the appropriate steps to fully occupy that job.

Then again, I can't pump up my prognostication skills too much, since I then went on to say that I didn't think you'd be shopping a guy right now to get a pick and thought we were looking at a player instead. Oh well, can't be right all the time.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

ramstiles is offline Registered User

maybe they were looking to swap for a certain middle linebacker and move spoon to outside but the bills didn't like that idea so a 5 it was LOL

2006 is offline Registered User

I'm a Bills fan and I don't know too much about Hargrove, can anyone tell me how good he is?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

This is an interesting move. My take: Hargrove was around based on his potential. Trading him now was selling when his value is at its lowest, which basically says the team didn't see a place for him in the future of the team. Fine, but does that mean we're going to go in on game day with just Little, Adeyanju, and Green? I don't like the thought of that, especially considering our inconsistent pass rush. Nothing against any of those guys, but that leaves us with very little depth at the position. I mean if I'm not mistaken, isn't Green the guy who has to constantly monitor his insulin during the game because of diabetes? I'm not sure if he's physically capable of being an every down defensive end if either of the other two get injured. And I don't think we even have a fourth defensive end on the practice squad right now, do we?

Can we get an "I support Adeyanju" mood now?

general counsel is offline Registered User

Hargrove retains real upside and people forget that he was a project when he was taken in the first place. He is reasonably athletic and maybe under kollar he will blossom. The kid is immature and he is beset with personal issues.

Frankly, i think its a good trade for buffalo. He is as good a shot as what you would most likely get in the fifth round anyway. From the rams perspective, i think this is linehan saying we arent going to put up with any crap. If you cant show up for work, go home, and i have no real problem with that. Green and big victor vs. hargrove, i dont see a big difference. I will say this- our pass rush was non existent in the second half yesterday (again) and it killed us. Say all you want about the corners, we dont have the pass rush and its a MAJOR consideration keeping us from being an elite team.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RealRam is offline Registered User

I think its a good trade for Buffalo. --GC
    2006, Welcome to the Clan.

Yes, it seems you got the better end of this deal. As GC said, DE A. Hargrove will probably blossom under tough Coach Bill Kollar. Tony is a an emotional, quick and physical player and I think that he will use this trade as an incentive to come back fast and furious.

A couple of weeks ago Hargrove had a little problem with the team and the personnel office for a two day AWOL; he even failed to call the coaches but he seemed to have mended the situation by apologizing to everyone and admitting the reason for being fined. It was a personal, family related issue that kept him away.

But it also black balled him since rookie DE Victor Adenyaju has been as good as or better than Hargrove.
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-16-2006 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Format

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Rams send Hargrove to Bills for a 5th.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9732599

ST. LOUIS (Oct. 16, 2006) -- Defensive end Anthony Hargrove, who lost his starting job with the St. Louis Rams after skipping two days of practice and meetings this season, was traded to the Buffalo Bills for a fifth-round draft choice in 2007.

Hargrove was inactive Oct. 15 when the Rams lost 30-28 to Seattle, and has played in only three games this season. The third-round selection out of Georgia Tech in 2004 played in 35 games for St. Louis with 19 starts. He has only two tackles, one assist and a half-sack this season.

Last month, he failed show at Rams Park on back-to-back days. Hargrove was fined an undisclosed amount and did not make the trip to Arizona for the Rams' 16-14 victory on Sept. 24. Rookie Victor Adeyanju, a fourth-round pick, took over Hargrove's spot. Hargrove apologized for his absence but did not say why he took time off without notifying the team.

The Rams (4-2) have a bye week. The team said coach Scott Linehan would discuss the trade during an afternoon news conference.

Hargrove could get immediate playing time in Buffalo. The Bills pass rush has been ineffective, and the team is thin on the defensive line. Buffalo was down to three defensive tackles after placing rookie first-round pick John McCargo on injured reserve Oct. 14 after he broke his left foot against Chicago on Oct. 8.

Buffalo (2-4) has managed only six sacks over the past four games. The Bills also have struggled against the run, allowing 287 yards rushing in the past two games.

Buffalo starts two rookie safeties, and rookie fifth-round defensive tackle Kyle Williams has had significant playing time.

MSRamman is offline Registered User

Re: Rams send Hargrove to Bills for a 5th.

A fifth rounder wasn't too bad at all, and by the looks of it, should be a high one. Wonder if they'll use it to try and get another second or third rounder... hmmm
    :l