Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By laram0
  • 1 Post By general counsel
  • 1 Post By VegasRam

Thread: Harvin and Boldin....who cares?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Harvin and Boldin....who cares?

So we all know the Squawks have Harvin and the Whiners have Boldin now. My response: Who cares....not me. I also hope that Fisher and Snead don't panic. I'm guessing that when Fisher was hired he had a plan. I'm thinking it was a 3 year plan?
    Anyway whatever the plan is or was please don't panic by the recent additons to the NFC West, please! Stay the course it worked last season!

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Harvin and Boldin....who cares?

Let's see what the chickens have to pay Harvin and let's see if he can stay on the field. I work out in the gym with his father. Personally, i think the chickens will be sorry down the road on this one, although short term, they certainly get a big play guy (when healthy)

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Rambos likes this.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Mr. Harvin...meet Mr. Jenkins.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Mr. Harvin...meet Mr. Finnegan.
    FIFY. Good corners and pass rush will render him useless

Even better.

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    So we all know the Squawks have Harvin and the Whiners have Boldin now. My response: Who cares....not me. I also hope that Fisher and Snead don't panic. I'm guessing that when Fisher was hired he had a plan. I'm thinking it was a 3 year plan?
    Anyway whatever the plan is or was please don't panic by the recent additons to the NFC West, please! Stay the course it worked last season!
    With all due respect I care a heck of a lot, not just because the rich and very good (Niners and Seahawks) are getting better and in fact are co-favorites to win the division, but the Rams haven't done much if anything. And, BTW if they sign Long, with his cap hit, they've just negated the math that they seemingly did when they cut Mikell etc. etc. etc. and are seemingly letting Jackson and Amendola walk. So, where do you suggest the Rams get the weapons that Bradford's going to throw to if they overpay Long to try to keep Sam from getting his block knocked off? it's not just who (Boldin & Harvin to divisional contenders) and sign Long (an older and perhaps overpaid lineman possibly who will eat up the Rams cap space) is not a net\net in my opinion.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    With all due respect I care a heck of a lot, not just because the rich and very good (Niners and Seahawks) are getting better and in fact are co-favorites to win the division, but the Rams haven't done much if anything. And, BTW if they sign Long, with his cap hit, they've just negated the math that they seemingly did when they cut Mikell etc. etc. etc. and are seemingly letting Jackson and Amendola walk. So, where do you suggest the Rams get the weapons that Bradford's going to throw to if they overpay Long to try to keep Sam from getting his block knocked off? it's not just who (Boldin & Harvin to divisional contenders) and sign Long (an older and perhaps overpaid lineman possibly who will eat up the Rams cap space) is not a net\net in my opinion.
    They have this thing they go to every year to get new players. Its called the NFL Draft. You should check it out. Its a pretty fun time.

Not to mention, free agency JUST started and your already complaining about a move that the Rams havent even made...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

And, BTW if they sign Long, with his cap hit, they've just negated the math that they seemingly did when they cut Mikell etc. etc. etc. and are seemingly letting Jackson and Amendola walk.
    I don't understand this comment. Would you rather they put the money in a savings account?

So, where do you suggest the Rams get the weapons that Bradford's going to throw to if they overpay Long to try to keep Sam from getting his block knocked off?
    The NFL just announced this really cool thing that they're calling the "draft." Apparently, teams will be alble to obtain the right to sign (at a very reasonable price) young, talented, players coming out of college. And, what's more... the Rams are apparently going to get to make 2 of the first 22 picks!

it's not just who (Boldin & Harvin to divisional contenders) and sign Long (an older and perhaps overpaid lineman possibly who will eat up the Rams cap space) is not a net\net in my opinion.
    So, you're worried about Boldin, who'll be 33 at the start of next season, but Long, who will be 28, is "older."

You're just goofing on us, right? These aren't serious comments you're making...

Are they?

Or, my northern friend, (why aren't you still there btw?), there may be another way of looking at it, eh?
    Everyone's going nuts about Boldin, but, c'mon, he's Chris Carter, not Larry Fitz. And we've seen him before. Harvin's definitely for real. Defense doesn't seem to be the Rams' problem however, especially at corner. And yes, ***** and Seahawks are better than us. And will continue to be so next year. Duh.

Jackson's done, Pead/Richardson will handle it fine, and Amendola is simply not worth what he wants.
    Long, (who's 27 - could play eight more years), could be a huge pick-up, Hayes is resigned, and FA has been going on for two hours now. Why don't you give it a day before you start you're tiresome tirade.

Or - here's an idea - try posting something positive.
    Last edited by VegasRam; -03-12-2013 at 06:02 PM.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

So I gather that every time any division rival makes a move, the Rams should at all costs hurry and make a corresponding move, no matter the consequences?

That's pretty poor team building. The ***** and Seahawks didn't get to where they are by desperately grabbing at and overpaying for anything they could just because a rival made a trade.

TR - not to rub it in....aw, hell, that's exactlly what I'm doing. I expect you to show up tomorrow with a formal "Boy, was I ever wrong!" post, and lots of black feathers hanging from your teef.
    If that happens, I may read your next post.

Then again...
    Rammed likes this.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

You're right. 27 is the new 72....

Once again... TorontoRam, go home your drunk.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

I care.....until we get some safeties .

Yodude is offline Registered User

And, BTW if they sign Long, with his cap hit, they've just negated the math that they seemingly did when they cut Mikell etc. etc. etc. and are seemingly letting Jackson and Amendola walk.
    Typically, you release players that you feel are not right for your organization (either due to scheme or financial/salary cap reasons) and create CAP space so that...follow me on this...you can sign other players that you feel WILL help your team achieve your goals. This mysterious "negating the math" concept you are referring to is the point of the whole thing. Create CAP space...sign players...not a very confusing concept if you ask me.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster