Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Has anyone else picked up on the ESPN..

It might be a bitter pill, but I don't think we have made any real changes in personnel to improve the rushing defense. The coaching change may make a difference, but we're largely going to be counting on guys like Jimmy Kennedy and Brandon Chillar to step up.

jaydees Guest

Did I see yesterday ESPN boys picked Rams #28 on rush defense. Silly silly boys.

aff15loader Guest

I'm growing to dislike ESPN as a network. They are so east coast bias it is a joke. They currently are the Yankee/Red Socks network. Their so called analysts flip flop more than John Kerry
    Same here on disliking ESPN, I am also getting tired of seeing those yanks/soxs games on( personally I prefer cards games!) but those teams I could care less for.

good comparison to John Kerry, well put.

and as for rating of players, didn't Torry Holt win the best hands competetion in the Pro bowl competition? I mean that should count for something! (just kidding guys!) ...put him up at number one!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Okay guys, no more politics. There was a shot from the left on the right and one from the right on the left, so now we're all even. And I know, I know....I'm one to talk. I believe it was only recently that I made a reference to Kerry's spine. I'm chief among sinners. It just goes to show that most of us have pretty strong feelings about things like politics, and it can only lead to bad things.

Now back to football, and no more politics. Thanks.
    Last edited by HUbison; -06-30-2006 at 03:54 PM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rawkhrdr Guest

ESPN annoys me. Talk about bias. If your team doen't play on the East Coast, you get to wait until the last few minutes of Sportscenter to watch the highlights, and then you only get 10 seconds and you get glossed over. Sometimes you are lucky if you even get on the show. And then for the game of the weeks, well you had beeter be on the eastern side of the Mississippi.

Also, back in the old days, you could sit down and watch a show to relax. Now, try watching one of their shows without getting yelled at or lectured about how you should think. Bet you that you can't. THey have resorted to the lowest common denominator to catch ratings. I can't even watch the network 98%of the time. I think that the only time I ever watch it now is for the football shows...

Don't even get me started about the analysts...Steak-Boy (Salisbury) and Clayton (moleman) are the worst. I don't think that they could analyze a pee-wee football game let alone and NFL one. They flip flop on every issue at least twice in a ten second span. And instead of talking about it, they decide it would be more fun to yell. Irvin is probably the worst. He adds nothing to the shows, except a loud obnoxious voice that is like fingernails on a chalkboard. Stuart Scott, you can barely understand. We get it, you are trying to be fresh and cool with all those cute little phrases you say...but what about us older folks that don't understand your slang.

About the only people I can stand on that channel are Kenny Mayne, Boomer, Wingo, Gammons, and Harold Reynolds.

KentuckyHawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rawkhrdr
    About the only people I can stand on that channel are Kenny Mayne, Boomer, Wingo, Gammons, and Harold Reynolds.
    did you see where gammons had an aneurism?

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyHawk
    did you see where gammons had an aneurism?

Only a glimpse at 4:00 in the morning. Any updates?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

With a solid TE we have the #3 recieving core, but we do have the #2 or 3 group of Wide Recievers.

AugustaRamFan Guest

Just watched the ESPN "brain trust"... They have moved on to some preseason picks.

NFC Div Winners

Carolina
    Seattle
    Chicago
    Washington

Wild Cards:

Dallas
    Atlanta

They projected the RAMs at #21 in the NFC. All in all, I am OK with that! I would rather be an underdog - and I would rather see the Brain Trust Completely Wrong!!!

RamsFan16 Guest

If anyone has not seen this here is a link to it. Or this may be a little diffrent, I'm not sure.

sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?id=2502031

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AugustaRamFan
    Just watched the ESPN "brain trust"... They have moved on to some preseason picks.

They projected the RAMs at #21 in the NFC.
    21st in the NFC? Holy poop, is that even possible? This ESPN bias against the Rams is really getting out of hand.

I'm not sure if that's a typo or if it was another case of Salisbury talking out of his donkey...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man
    21st in the NFC? Holy poop, is that even possible? This ESPN bias against the Rams is really getting out of hand.

I'm not sure if that's a typo or if it was another case of Salisbury talking out of his donkey...

It would seem that ESPN has ranked the next 5 NFC expansion teams ahead of us as well.

1. Seattle Seahawks
    15. San Francisco niners
    16. Los Angeles Sunny People
    17. Albequerque Ant-eaters
    18. Boise Spuds
    19. Memphis Presleys
    20. Toledo Monkey-butts
    21. St. Louis Rams

Yes, ESPN has reached an all-time low in their disrespect.
    Last edited by HUbison; -07-01-2006 at 12:55 PM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AugustaRamFan Guest

Monkey - Butts ... that's rich!!

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I just think we are going to surprise some people. I don't think we will be as bad as some are predicting. (TX )

As was pointed out in another post, getting rid of Marmalade's non scheme was half of the problem. If these guys are in position and make the tackles then we are already better.

we're largely going to be counting on guys like Jimmy Kennedy and Brandon Chillar to step up.
    That's right GF, they need to step up, as does the secondary. I think they can.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Los Angeles Sunny People
    LOL

I've been trying to think of a name for the new LA team, if there is ever is one.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast