Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Rampingitup

Thread: Has the vitriol subsided yet?

Rampingitup Guest

Has the vitriol subsided yet?

Okay, I waited until today to post. I wanted to give everyone time to vent. Yes we lost again. Most of us expected to go 1 and 7 or 0 and 8 for the first 8 games of the season. The NFL rammed it to us pretty hard with this schedule. (Hmm I made a pun.) Should we be happy about loosing? Hell no. But come on guys. Spags has been rebuilding a destroyed franchise. A lot of the pieces are now in place, but we do still need a few more yet. And you can only work with what you got.

My impressions from the game;
    The defense played pretty well. We got consistent pressure on Manning. Made them punt a number of times. Were there some break downs in pass coverage? Yeah. We didn't have a lot of depth there and had some key injuries. You all want King's head on a platter. Fine. We get rid of him. Who takes his place? We only have so many corners on the roster, and there are not a lot of cbs available. But even with those break downs our defense held pretty well. Only problem not enough points by the offense.

Offense obviously has problems. Especially in the Red Zone. We trade those field goals for TDs and it would have been a whole new ball game. There were some obvious metal errors. But guys, second year with a brand new scheme with no preseason to practice that new scheme. And we are playing teams that have been set in their schemes for years. And those team are play off contenders, and Superbowl contenders.

Special teams did fine except for the dropped punt. Yes the guy dropped it. Once. It hurt us bad when he did. But it was only one dropped punt by this guy. A guy that had never fielded punts before and only had one week of practice to learn how to do it.

Coaching can only do so much. They can't throw the ball, catch the ball, run the ball, rush the passer, cover the receiver, catch the punt, kick the ball. That is all on the players. Do I wish that Spags had gone for it on 4th down rather than kicking the FG? Yes. Even if we didn't get it, the Giants would have gotten the ball with a VERY long field, and we would have had a much better chance of getting the ball back in decent field position. But I am not the head coach and most of Spags decisions have been pretty good. Even Superbowl winning coaches make mistakes.

Over all we hung tough with both the Eagles and Giants. We lost but were not blown out or steam rolled. In fact on some plays we steam rolled them. We made critical errors in both games that cost us points, and failed to perform on the field in some critical spots. But I still think we have a good core and once we get those few missing pieces and correct the mistakes, look out!

Go Rams!
    RealRam, viper and FestusRam like this.

viper is offline Registered User

Re: Has the vitriol subsided yet?

Great post! This summarizes my position as well. Take away the miscues, which can be corrected, and we were dominating both sides of the ball. I was proud of our showing, with the exception of a few mental errors that cost us. The foundation of this team is solid and we will only be getting better as the year goes on. Having our starters back won't hurt either. If you didn't see 0 - 2 as a distinct possibility before the season started, then you were kidding yourself.

Go Rams!!!

dgr828 is offline Registered User

So now we can except the losing, just because it's Tueday! I'm not buying it. Rams are sleep walking and always relying on excuses for their subpar play. Time to draw the hardline and cut out all the BS, such as what we witnessed last night.

"I can't, I can't.....I can't Stand losing, Noo....I can't, I can't.....I can't stand losing...." ~STING, THE POLICE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rampingitup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    So now we can except the losing, just because it's Tueday! I'm not buying it. Rams are sleep walking and always relying on excuses for their subpar play. Time to draw the hardline and cut out all the BS, such as what we witnessed last night.

"I can't, I can't.....I can't Stand losing, Noo....I can't, I can't.....I can't stand losing...." ~STING, THE POLICE
    I didn't say accept it, but taking things to your extreme we wouldn't have a team at all since you seem to want to fire everybody all the time.I am not any happier about losing than you are, but I see the big picture, which you seem to ignore. Losing sucks, but going insane and attacking anyone and everyone with a shotgun approach does nothing positive.

sonnyjames is offline Registered User

This was my positive too. Mistakes happen - as long as they don't become a habit, that's just life.

And to play that well (mistakes and penalties aside) against two good teams means that we WILL kick on at some point soon enough.

Disappointed - angry even - with the losses and mistakes in our opening two, but saw lots of promising signs which have done nothing to challenge my view that we'll still end up winning the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampingitup View Post
    I didn't say accept it, but taking things to your extreme we wouldn't have a team at all since you seem to want to fire everybody all the time.I am not any happier about losing than you are, but I see the big picture, which you seem to ignore. Losing sucks, but going insane and attacking anyone and everyone with a shotgun approach does nothing positive.
    I just wanted Spags fired, thats it, not everybody!
    Rams gave Scott Linehan 3 years to get things turned around, hes a coordinator not a HC. So is Spags, he's in over his head...get a real coach in here, one that will have his team ready for ballgames!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

macrammer is online now Registered User

I for one do not take losing so lightly with Rams. I never expeced to go 0-8 or 1-7 to start the season, regardless of our schedule. I expected progress. I have witnessed basic fundamental breakdowns that are unacceptable. Coaches and players are fired and cut routinely in the NFL for failure to progress. I would argue that without the breakdowns we have had, we could be at least 1-1. Bring on the Ravens and let's see some fundamental improvement on this team. Stop the mistakes and we are pretty good team. Keep it up and we will see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    I for one do not take losing so lightly with Rams. I never expeced to go 0-8 or 1-7 to start the season, regardless of our schedule. I expected progress. I have witnessed basic fundamental breakdowns that are unacceptable. Coaches and players are fired and cut routinely in the NFL for failure to progress. I would argue that without the breakdowns we have had, we could be at least 1-1. Bring on the Ravens and let's see some fundamental improvement on this team. Stop the mistakes and we are pretty good team. Keep it up and we will see what happens.
    How about lets pounce on the Ravens and just win baby! How about, make no mistake about it we're a damn good team! Don't take losing at all what so ever, Rams must be of this mindset.
    These new Rams are the same ol'....................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]