Thread: Haslet on 590

BEER is offline Registered User

Wink Haslet on 590

He said Safety is not as bad as most think, Todd Johnson started fourteen games for the bears two years ago and two for us last year and did great and is a starter in this league. He can also move Atogwe up and have Bartell play for Atogwe and not lose much.. he said on paper they may look thin, but they are actually fine and nobody out there was better than anyone on our roster.

LB.. Four quality starters and very athletic young LB's that will be learning... Said he will play Pisa less, maybe get him off special teams to help him make it thru a year.

DL.. Said Ady was hands down best on the DL against the run last year and most improved thru the offseason, if he can get 8 sacks he will be a very solid player..

Said Long fit us better than Dorsey and he was really excited about the depth at DE with Ady and Hall..

Said the D-line will be our strength...

Said Wroten has more talent, strength, tenacity etc. than anyone on the D-line, but it hasn't translated to the field and if it doesn't this year he will be looking for a new job.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: Haslet on 590

So who in the world is "Ady"? I'm kinda thinking it might be V. Adenayu; however, the comment about Ady getting 8 sacks this year would almost certainly preclude the Victor Adenayu that I've seen so far.

WHAT SAY YE?

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    So who in the world is "Ady"? I'm kinda thinking it might be V. Adenayu; however, the comment about Ady getting 8 sacks this year would almost certainly preclude the Victor Adenayu that I've seen so far.

WHAT SAY YE?
    It is Adeyanju, but if he got 8 sacks this year that will be bad because Little, Long, or Hall will have gotten hurt.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Said Wroten has more talent, strength, tenacity etc. than anyone on the D-line, but it hasn't translated to the field and if it doesn't this year he will be looking for a new job.
    Wow, that's a pretty strong statement with no ambiguity. It will be interesting to see how Wroten responds to an ultimatum.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

If he got 8-10 sacks a yr that would be great and we would have found a great replacement for little in the near future. He also would have earned a better nickname than ady

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Said Long fit us better than Dorsey and he was really excited about the depth at DE with Ady and Hall..

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chipperjones View Post
    It is Adeyanju, but if he got 8 sacks this year that will be bad because Little, Long, or Hall will have gotten hurt.
    No, I think it would be because Little, Long AND Hall would have gotten hurt and we would have had to clone Adeyanju so that he could play both DE spots. Then on top of that, "Ady" would probably have to pay a few OT's to let him past a few times.

He's a great run stuffer, yes, however he just doesn't have any pass rush abilities. It's ok, that's why we have three other pass rushers as well as Glover and Carriker who can rush from the middle.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    No, I think it would be because Little, Long AND Hall would have gotten hurt and we would have had to clone Adeyanju so that he could play both DE spots. Then on top of that, "Ady" would probably have to pay a few OT's to let him past a few times.

He's a great run stuffer, yes, however he just doesn't have any pass rush abilities. It's ok, that's why we have three other pass rushers as well as Glover and Carriker who can rush from the middle.
    If Adeyanjue get 8+ sacks, it really wouldn't matter if somebody got hurt. Even if Little went down and was replaced by "Ady" who in turn got 8+ sacks, I'd be happy. One, if he can get this kind of production rushing the passer, while being as solid as he is against the run, he could be one of the better DE's in the league with time. I don't any of our other DE's get 8+ sacks this year. The only other proven pass rusher we have on the DL is Glover, he could get 5+ sacks. It would be a great blessing if Long gets 8 sacks, or Hall, or anybody for that matter ...

As for Adeyanju's pass rushing abilities, how can anybody make an honest assessment of this? Adeyanju is a solid run stuffing DE: go look at the tapes, it's rare you'll find him on the field other than obvious run situations and some 1st downs. Because he has 1 career sack, he can't rush the passer? He's never been given a long term opportunity to rush the passser. Seems Haslett is high on this guy, and if he feels he is capable of getting 8 sacks, he must have some plans for the guy ...

Adeyanju is a tough, stout kid. I am looking forward to seeing if this improvement can translate onto the playing field ...

As for Wroten, if he develops, and what Haslett says is true, we can legitemately have a top tier group of Lineman here ...
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -07-23-2008 at 03:50 PM.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Looks like Wroten may have a hard time translating all his talent and ability to the field this year since he'll be on vacation, so hopefully the experiment is over and we can close the book on this complete idiot.

bjjones2455 is offline Registered User

The bum needs to go to rehab, Wroten that is. what will the team do to address the lack of depth with him on a years vacation to smoke his weed?

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Wow, that's a pretty strong statement with no ambiguity. It will be interesting to see how Wroten responds to an ultimatum.
    Me thinks he responded by lighting up a doobie. I think this actually works for the Rams- we were just in for another year like his first two. The dude can't play- he's Jimmy Kennedy Jr.

btimsah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Me thinks he responded by lighting up a doobie. I think this actually works for the Rams- we were just in for another year like his first two. The dude can't play- he's Jimmy Kennedy Jr.
    I agree. He did not do much on the field, and, well he's just way too imature for us to waste our time with. We need to have the show "intervention" on A&E come to Rams camp this year...

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by R8rh8rmike View Post

Ha! Now we know!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

When Haslett first joined our team he was very high on Jimmy Kennedy. We all know how that turned out. I'm taking Haslett's opinion with a grain of salt.
    Hopefully he's right this time.