Thread: Haslett?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Haslett?

Most of us were very high on the job Haslett "had" been doing after he took over as the interim Headcoach of our team. (Myself included)

What's the feeling on Haslett now? Our biggest game of the season and we get.....

SMOKED!!!!

At home no less!

I'm not happy.....

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Re: Haslett?

Which is why I stated several weeks ago that you need to see how the rest of the season went before crowning the guy our new head coach. Apparently, he didn't have them ready to play after the loss to the Patsies- let's see how he has them prepared against the Jets after this week's disgrace.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

We need to see his game plan after this loss. If he comes back and puts on a show and we beat the Jets, I will be a supporter no less. I still am. We had one bad game against the Cards. We lost to the Pats but we played our hearts out.

I want to see the Haz pull this one off and show that he is worthy of the spot.

eldfan is offline Registered User

I think Haslett is still the man for the job. He took over a team that was not his or that he did not put together. Up to this point he had very little decision making in this team ie the Brown release. Not many times has a coach been ask to take over a team during the season and make something happen. I think the team has responded well. They play hard for him. He has to have a chance to put his stamp on the team Al is not his choice for OC. I do not think it is fair unless he gets the same chance we gave Linehan to put together his staff and players.
    Last edited by eldfan; -11-03-2008 at 01:47 PM.
    :ramlogo:

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    Al is not his choice for OC.
    Do you think he'll bring back Linehan to fill that position?

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I have never been a huge proponent of Haslett. I think the players responded because they were and still are so happy to be rid of Linehan.

I hope we find a coach who is either a proven winner or an really smart coordinator ready to get to the HC level. I know that was the same criteria that got us Linehan, but look at Harbaugh in Baltimore or Zorn in Washington, it can happen. I know some will say it's too early to judge those guys in their first year, fine then what about Sean Payton in New Orleans. We should go after Steve Spagnola the Giants DC. I thought Haslett would be canned with Linehan. remember he fizzled in New Orleans after several good years at the beginning.

As long as Zygmunt isn't doing the hiring we have a shot at getting a good solid HC for years to come.

Moloch, your postings are worth the price of admission! Great one about Linehan coming back.

Go Rams!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

The problems we have are bigger than one man. They were bigger than Linehan and they're bigger then Haslett.

Haslett would appear to have a better handle on how to mask some of those deficiencies than Linehan did judging by the evidence of the last four games but our shortcomings go further than him.

One thing that appears to be a trend on the boards is advocating the hiring as HC of whomever seems to be the hot property of the month. Two wins for Haslett and people were railing against the injustice of the Rooney rule, two losses and we see people looking at Spagnola. I've always believed that over a season or two (preferably at least two) class will out and we'll see who's worth staying with and who has to disappear.

We have to face the truth that we aren't a great football team and that we don't have the talent that many on these boards seem to think guarantees playoff football.

Lets see how Haslett does from here on in. Two wins didn't make him a genius and two losses don't make him a dud.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Right now Haslett has a chance to double Linehan's wins in 2007--thats a plus.

Still as much as I am disappointed with the Cards lost, I understand it. Haslett was handed Linehan's team...and with it Haslett beat the Redskins and Cowboys--Linehan couldn't do that. Further the Cards know the Rams better then either Dallas or Washington being in the same division. And give credit where credit is due; Cards have good talent equal too the Rams at skill positons. Regardless it was going to be a difficult game, despite the records

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

So, under Jim Haslett we are 2-2. Actually played good football in 3 of those 4 games.

Our upcoming game against the Jets could tell us alot.

If we get blown out again our problems are bigger than Haslett realizes or wants to accept.

A close hard fought win or even loss at least shows us and Haslett that we have talent and we're heading in the right direction.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

People wanted to extend Haslett so early. I am still a proponent of waiting and seeing what can be available in the off season head coach wise. Dick Labueau is a good guy to bring in and start a 3-4 defense or a 3-4 coach in general.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I really don't think it's Haslett fault that we got blown out of the water last week. I think it was simply that we just could not execute enough to pull out a win. Haslett isn't the one out there throwing the football, nor is he beside Pace blocking for Bulger. He wasn't on the field to tackle Hightower, nor was he on kick return duties. I think Haslett has done a decent job. I just think we have to execute better.

As for Al Saunders, I don't think very highly of this guy.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Frankly, I think we can do better. I think the ownership situation will play heavily into whomever we try to bring in. I was never a huge Haslett fan nor am I now, in spite of our 2 wins. Lest we forget, he had the control of our defense, Linehan certainly had little or no input; and they played miserably.

Regardless, the team will wait until after the season ends and make their decision.

Go Rams!