rammiser is offline Registered User

Haslett has to go and so deos the consevitave O.

First off congrats to Carolina and their fans they deserved that win.

Haslett's scheme is just terrible we look exactly the same as we did last year. I'm not usually a sky is falling guy but It's falling. I'm not sure we can win 5 games the way we looked today. Poor tackling,jumping out of position completely missing tackles. We would stack up a run but no one would make a play and the rb would bounce outside and get 4,5 or 20 yds rediculous. Tye hill was pretty good. I mean Steve Smith is a handfull and he gave up 1 big play. Carriker looked great at times and looked like a rookie at times but he is going to be a good one. I also really like Clifton Ryan he always gets a push in the middle when hes in there. The same draw play Carolina used against us like 10 times either last year or the year before is still working perfectly. 3rd and 9 draw play first down. This defense doesnt recognize anything. Haslett has to go we need someone who can get guys to play he isnt it. Lovies Smith got a group of less talented players to play better than this group. Haslett cant do it, they stunt themselves right out of the play half the time. We made those two rb's and Delhomme look like hall of famers. Defense is a mirror image of last year.

As for our conservitave offense. We have way more offensive weapons than Carolina, and yes Carolina's defense is good but come on this dink and dunk approach sucks. We gave away oppourtunities on plays where instead of going down the field to get the 1st down we threw a quick pass to Bruce or jackson and those plays had no shot. 84 yd kick return and I'm not sure we gained 1 yd, pathetic. McMichael should be pissed,so should Bruce and Jackson to for that matter that this play calling takes the tempo right out of the offense. We have superstars on offense lets act like it. Throw the ball more than 1 yd down the field. Like I said at this state we are a 5 win team, we played like crap in front of our home fans against a team that was good but beatable. You know I didnt like a lot of the things Mike Martz did but he never would have let the offense look that bad for that long. We might have lost games 35-31 with Martz but at least we used our arsonal. With the weapons we have we should never score 13 points I dont care what defense we play.

Not good losing Pace and that did affect the offense but you can't abandon your game plan because Pace goes down. Good thing we picked up Antonio Pittman instead of an offensive tackle he will reall help this team. Turnovers killed us but thank god we got some as well because it could have been worse.

Amazingly enough the 1 thing that hasnt looked good for years looked very good today and that was special teams. So kudos to those guys and please fire Haslett and talk to olson about his shoddy play calling.

Just Fix It

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: Haslett has to go and so deos the consevitave O.

Not sure about Haslett just yet, but I've been harping on that freakin' conservative O crap ever since the 2nd quarter.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

The offense we are running doesn't suit our WR's. They are deep route running type of guys but we INSIST on throwing screens and little 3 yard passes to them.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    The offense we are running doesn't suit our WR's. They are deep route running type of guys but we INSIST on throwing screens and little 3 yard passes to them.

I know we had a 3rd and like 4 at the 50 I think it may have been after the missed fg not sure but we threw a quick pass to Bruce with the corner in tight coverage. That play had no shot we might have well just punted on 3rd down.
    Just Fix It

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Beyond Holt...who is a DEEP THREAT for the Rams? Bruce got man handled most of the day. His best days are long behind him. Who fears a 35 yr old WR as a DEEP THREAT? NOBODY. Our 3rd WR was Dante friggin Hall!! The man got drug down from behind on a kick return 20 yds form the end zone. 3 years ago...that doesnt happen. With the DERTH of quality at WR in KC over the last few years why do you think he WASNT a starter for them? We dont have many legit deep route running "weapons" anymore...lets keep it real. This team is largely living on reputation in terms of its "offensive firepower". Bennett coming back will help some but the days of this team lighting people up for big passing numbers are quickly becoming a thing of LEGEND.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I know we had a 3rd and like 4 at the 50 I think it may have been after the missed fg not sure but we threw a quick pass to Bruce with the corner in tight coverage. That play had no shot we might have well just punted on 3rd down.
    I know the play you are talking about. Amazingly horrible play call in that scenario. At least make it a slant for a few yards with the WR moving forward. Play calling was just as bad as it was at the beginning of last season.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Beyond Holt...who is a DEEP THREAT for the Rams?
    Believe it or not, I would say Bennett is a capable deep threat.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Haslett's scheme is just terrible we look exactly the same as we did last year. I'm not usually a sky is falling guy but It's falling. I'm not sure we can win 5 games the way we looked today. Poor tackling,jumping out of position completely missing tackles. We would stack up a run but no one would make a play and the rb would bounce outside and get 4,5 or 20 yds rediculous. Tye hill was pretty good. I mean Steve Smith is a handfull and he gave up 1 big play. Carriker looked great at times and looked like a rookie at times but he is going to be a good one. I also really like Clifton Ryan he always gets a push in the middle when hes in there. The same draw play Carolina used against us like 10 times either last year or the year before is still working perfectly. 3rd and 9 draw play first down. This defense doesnt recognize anything. Haslett has to go we need someone who can get guys to play he isnt it. Lovies Smith got a group of less talented players to play better than this group. Haslett cant do it, they stunt themselves right out of the play half the time. We made those two rb's and Delhomme look like hall of famers. Defense is a mirror image of last year.

As for our conservitave offense. We have way more offensive weapons than Carolina, and yes Carolina's defense is good but come on this dink and dunk approach sucks. We gave away oppourtunities on plays where instead of going down the field to get the 1st down we threw a quick pass to Bruce or jackson and those plays had no shot. 84 yd kick return and I'm not sure we gained 1 yd, pathetic. McMichael should be pissed,so should Bruce and Jackson to for that matter that this play calling takes the tempo right out of the offense. We have superstars on offense lets act like it. Throw the ball more than 1 yd down the field. Like I said at this state we are a 5 win team, we played like crap in front of our home fans against a team that was good but beatable. You know I didnt like a lot of the things Mike Martz did but he never would have let the offense look that bad for that long. We might have lost games 35-31 with Martz but at least we used our arsonal. With the weapons we have we should never score 13 points I dont care what defense we play.

Not good losing Pace and that did affect the offense but you can't abandon your game plan because Pace goes down. Good thing we picked up Antonio Pittman instead of an offensive tackle he will reall help this team. Turnovers killed us but thank god we got some as well because it could have been worse.

Amazingly enough the 1 thing that hasnt looked good for years looked very good today and that was special teams. So kudos to those guys and please fire Haslett and talk to olson about his shoddy play calling.

I'm glad someone said it. I tried to post earlier saying the same thing but my comp froze. SLOP is not happy.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

The bad thing is I don't think Carolina is a Playoff team.

They're not New England or the Chargers that's for sure.

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

this has always been my worry and i think it has come true with martz gone i always wondered if there was another coach/OC thats could run this rams offense to its fullest potential and i think the answer to that is NO my brother told me today hey martz offense put up 36 today with the lions that shoulda been the rams 36 points i just hope the conservative p/c changes . come on rams 13 points !!!! carolina scored 13 in the 4th alone
    Torry Holt Dont play that

blood85 is offline Registered User

guys, the defense and offense have to do what they are paid to do, "score points and stop or minimize the opposition". Do you guys really think that by hiring some offensive wizard or defensive guy we will be any better?? When was the last time you saw Belichick make tackles or Martz throw a bomb?? The offense and defense for the most part don't call the plays, but they better darn "make" the plays. Example: If we can't take advantage of excellent field position given to us by our special teams, then who are we gonna blame now, the special teams coach?? No, the bottom line is this, while some of the play calling might have been, uh,er , "questionable", the Rams on D and O still have to make the plays when it counts.

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

It's crazy to me because I figure if you were an average head coach once, you should be a excellent Coordinator. I just don't know what to say anymore but fans cant complaine anymore when experts give us negative predictions & low rankings.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

People,people,people are we overreacting here? The Panthers have our number. They matchup very well against us on both sides of the ball.

I have to say I'm surprised we lost. I really thought this was the game we would break through against the Panthers. Who would have predicted that Steven Jackson would lose not 1 but 2 fumbles.The passing game.......It had Scott Linehan's finger prints all over it. Protect the ball at all costs. (NO INTS) Bulger's hands are tied as far as taking shots downfield goes. I agree this dink and dunk becomes to predictable. Shots down field at least keep the opposing defenses guessing a little. Linehan needs to loosen the reins on Bulger and our receivers.

Steven Jackson's 2 lost fumbles killed us. End of story.

So we need to win at least 9 of the next 15.

:r:l