laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Haslett's D gets 1st shutout

No Haslett threads this week. The shutout over that MIGHTY Raiders offense must have silenced the critics??

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: Haslett's D gets 1st shutout

Well, it was the faiders............
    If they can play that way this week there might be hope.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    Well, it was the faiders............
    If they can play that way this week there might be hope.
    It was the Faiders minus Moss and Jordon, but getting a shutout made that victory so much sweeter! It was all I could do to contain myself watching thousands of Faider fans empty out of The Black Hole EARLY in the fourth quarter.

kman is offline Registered User

we have to give haslett one more year..its funny how all that talk of him getting a head spot somewhere else died real quick..whats so frustrating with his D(besides the run D..in my other post)...is doesnt it kill you guys when they look so good on certains downs and then they let up a big play..it ALWAYS happens..they stuff the run for no gain on 1st down..2nd down an incomplete pass...third down, a forty yard pass completion..or 2 run stuffing plays , BUT next play a 47 yard run up the middle..too inconsistent..and they seem to blitz at the wrong time..we get no QB pressure without the blitz..ok, this defense drives me crazy..lol..

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    we have to give haslett one more year..its funny how all that talk of him getting a head spot somewhere else died real quick..whats so frustrating with his D(besides the run D..in my other post)...is doesnt it kill you guys when they look so good on certains downs and then they let up a big play..it ALWAYS happens..they stuff the run for no gain on 1st down..2nd down an incomplete pass...third down, a forty yard pass completion..or 2 run stuffing plays , BUT next play a 47 yard run up the middle..too inconsistent..and they seem to blitz at the wrong time..we get no QB pressure without the blitz..ok, this defense drives me crazy..lol..
    Agreed, it always seems the D makes these outstanding plays on 1st & 2nd downs, gets the opposition in 3rd & long & then gives up the the 1st down. I really think we have the wrong personel in for some of the blitzes. To many times i've seen the player blitzing hesitate, stutter or run some kind of delay & then get blocked out. In some way we are tipping of when & where are blitzes are coming from, there is no way we should be blocked out for the amount of blitzes we throw out there.