Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Hasslett and Martz?

Wow!! did i read wrong or did Devaney say that Hasslett mentioned Martzs' name for one of the coordinator positions? Its now starting to get very interesting if this is true.

majorram is offline Registered User

Re: Hasslett and Martz?

Yep he said that HAZ had seen if Martz was availble... I just love that idea, if nothing else HAZ and Martz on the SAME sideline NOW,that would be interesting to watch......

steve
    "The breakfast Club"

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

As much as I liked Mad M when he was our coach, and have memories that will be hard to ever erase, why would we hire an OC that was fired from two different teams two years in a row, and these teams were under .500, and I don't think we have the talent we use to have when he was here?
    You can argue his last peformance, but detroit offense was all his.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NY RAMFAN View Post
    As much as I liked Mad M when he was our coach, and have memories that will be hard to ever erase, why would we hire an OC that was fired from two different teams two years in a row, and these teams were under .500, and I don't think we have the talent we use to have when he was here?
    You can argue his last peformance, but detroit offense was all his.

Detroit's offense was very productive during Martz's tenure there as offensive coordinator, at least for the time period that Kitna was healthy. And that was with a running back (Kevin Jones...I think) who was constantly in and out of the lineup with injuries.

I wouldn't mind Martz back as OC one bit. At least our offense would be exciting again.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude View Post
    I wouldn't mind Martz back as OC one bit. At least our offense would be exciting again.
    The Positives:

We will be more productive on offense as far as scoring points goes.

We will be a more exciting offensive team.

The Negatives:

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers

Wasting timeouts

My question is if Martz wants to comeback as the OC? After being the headcoach of a team it has to be tough coming back. Especially knowing that he would be answering to whoever the headcoach is going to be.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    The Positives:

We will be more productive on offense as far as scoring points goes.

We will be a more exciting offensive team.

The Negatives:

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers

Wasting timeouts

My question is if Martz wants to comeback as the OC? After being the headcoach of a team it has to be tough coming back. Especially knowing that he would be answering to whoever the headcoach is going to be.
    WoW I would think he would not have final say on times out amd I would have to believe some of his calls would be over rule by Haslett.
    :ramlogo:

Rambi is offline Registered User

I think it could be exciting to have Martz back if the Front office and the new Head Coach could work with him. He does bring excitement to the offense, and the potential for high scoring games and more wins.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Let's bring him and Kitna in. Also Shaun McDonald and Mike Furrey. Superbowl here we come!

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Let's bring him and Kitna in. Also Shaun McDonald and Mike Furrey. Superbowl here we come!
    uh...you're being sarcastic, right??

Truth is offline Registered User

Been there, done that. No thanks. Besides, I don't think Martz works and plays well with others.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I would also love it if Martz came back as the OC. And if anyone has any issues with that, might I suggest you look at the records of the Detroit Lions the last two years.

With Martz: 7-9 with 346 points scored, 322.9 total offensive yards per game, -1 TO ratio.
    No Martz: 0-16 with 268 points scored, 268.2 total offensive yards per game, -9 TO ratio.

Please ignore that SF tied Denver for the league worst TO ratio this year with -17. We came out with only -5!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Haslett might want to talk to Rod Marinelli, Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary before bringing Martz in. He was run out of town in Detroit and San Francisco amid reports of clashes with his superiors. Martz being told what to do looks to be an issue and I'm not sure things would be much different in St. Louis with Haslett. Shaw is still lurking in the shadows as well and he and Martz seem to have a lot of bad blood between them.

This could be a tough sell if Haslett was actually retained.

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I would also love it if Martz came back as the OC. And if anyone has any issues with that, might I suggest you look at the records of the Detroit Lions the last two years.

With Martz: 7-9 with 346 points scored, 322.9 total offensive yards per game, -1 TO ratio.
    No Martz: 0-16 with 268 points scored, 268.2 total offensive yards per game, -9 TO ratio.

Please ignore that SF tied Denver for the league worst TO ratio this year with -17. We came out with only -5!
    Sorry Teke, but I don't agree.
    First of all, he had something to do with the 0-16, he brought "his" players to detroit that were 2nd or 3rd string with us (Furrey, Macdonald, Fisher, Cason, etc etc)
    Second of all, in SF he benched the 1st draft pick by a QB that was benched as soon as the new HC took over.
    I'm not challenging his offensive mind, I think teams have found a way to beat him, and lately his results are not the best

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

O god please just say no. Lets get off this addiction of Mad Mike & move forward.
    Bringing Martz back serves no real purpose other than creating a soap opera atmosphere. Forget it didn't work in Detroit or SF, it was a nightmare here at the end.
    Ask yourself moving forward what kind of team do you want the Rams to become?
    I myself would love to see a fierce defensive unit with a power running game to control the clock & open up the passing game.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Yeah, I don't see us going backwards and bringing Martz back in.

Having said that, I would be OK if it somehow happened that it was Haslett/Martz. - 2 guys I like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast