Thread: Hate burns deep

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Hate burns deep

I spent many days pondering the thoughts I wrote in my last thread about how much our team is hated and what we fans have come to expect out of team.

I have came up with onw conclusions and it took my Packer reletives to help me see it.

"HATE RUNS DEEP IN PEOPLE...AND PEOPLE FEAR WHAT THEY HATE"

This is the explanation I came up with on WHY we are the Rams...I LOVE IT

Good Luck next week team!!!

RAMSWIN is offline Registered User
    So true. Think about how much we hated the 40whiners all those years..

gdive22 is offline Registered User
    I have my own theory on why the Rams are are disliked and not totally respected by the national media.

1. Most of the coaches, players, fans and media types seem to only respect the old fashion traditional way that NFL football is played. If you listen to the national pregame shows or radio talk shows the the teams that play "smashmouth" football get the respect and admiration of the talking heads. It like if you don't run the ball 35 times a game you're not really playing football. I've even heard Parcells on his radio show say that he doesn't think anyone has really tested the Rams run defense. Old traditions die hard and until the Rams add a few more SB trophies they will never really be embraced by the media and fans of traditional NFL football. In a way it reminds me of how the ***** were perceived during their hayday under Bill Walsh....kinda of a highly skilled, finesse team run by an offensive genius. Anybody that watches Chris Berman's 2 minute drill or reads PFW know that they seldom give much credit to the Rams or don't pick them to win "big" games against the smashmouth teams.

2. Mike Martz It seems like every other coach in the league plays not to lose and not to win. Since I live in Chicago I hear a lot of interviews with the Bears Off Coordinator John Shoop.....and he's just pathetic. I realize that the Bears don't have a lot of offensive talent but he's so afraid of making mistakes that they won't even take a chance to win a game.....even though they supposedly had a "great" defense. Shouldn't having a great defense allow you the luxury of taking some chances on offense? A lot of teams talk about being aggressive but Martz is the only coach I really see doing it and I think his counterparts take exception to this. Wouldn't Tony Dungy still have his job if he would have hired some like Martz to run his offense?

3. Because the Rams are entertaining and score a lot of points the media perception of them is that they are arrogant, flashy pretty boys that don't like to get dirty and lack toughness. How else do you explain that every opponent seems to think that if they hit the Rams they'll curl up in the fetal position at midfield and quit playing? Nobody in the media ever gives them credit for being focused, tough, or how they win in all kinds of different ways and situations. All we ever hear are the stupid quotes of the week from the opposition, how many turnovers the Rams have or the typical formula to stop the Rams offense. Do any of these people do their homework?

4. The media and fans still can't get over that the Rams went from being pathetic to an NFL power in such a short period of time. In the preaseson most down cast teams seem to think they can become the next Rams in the age of parity. They seem to forget that the Rams were good because they have talent, a good front office and an excellent coaching staff with great schemes. They weren't depending on a 5th place schedule and some luck to propel them to the playoffs.

Sorry for being long winded.....just had to get this off my chest.

Greg

:angryram:

1265 is offline Guest
    others have gotten over the rams getting better - it's the arrogant rams fans that haven't gotten over themselves...
    the hate has nothing to do with how good your team is....it has everything to do with the fans not being respectable winners. enjoy your time.....as it will end at some point. then those of you who are too arrogant to see straight will have to go into hiding again!

right 1256, I had to chase half this thread into the smack area. If YOU want to continue, please post in the smack area, thanks :angryram: :evilram: :shield:

1265 is offline Guest

Red face

right....sorry. didn't know that answering your fan's question of why people hate the rams was smack. but i WILL respect your request. which is A LOT more than.................

at least you have more balls than your team

I have no problem with other fans posting in here as long as its, just football. When you cross the line (as is bound to happen) then the smack area is the safest place to be

1265 is offline Guest
    here ya go! nice work by rams fans.....
    and you wonder why people hate you???????

Author: Rich (---.dsl.stlsmo.swbell.net)
    Date: 01-21-02 22:06

How the hell did you get into the playoffs? Freakin' hell, how could you be worse? I thought we were playing girl scouts last night. Could you be more embarrassed? And to top it off, you live in a little sh!thole of a punk town. HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rampower is offline Registered User

why so bitter

you got it 1265. If only every existing rams fan in the world wasn't like this. And they were all like pack fans there wouldn't be one single smug or nasty rams fan in the world. Would there?
    Last edited by rampower; -01-22-2002 at 04:07 PM.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

1265 is offline Guest
    another great ram fan.......

Author: 5621 (---.msp.eschelon.com)
    Date: 01-21-02 16:15

Ok *****...whatever...you need help *****...

I never claimed to be a tough guy...I just claimed you as my ***** and you are acting the part well *****.

Talk about language control...wow *****, you have mastered it...

You are a confused LITTLE man, *****...you need help, this all bothers you way too much.

You see *****, its not the Packers I dislike, its the overgrown *****es LIKE YOU, that I despise...

By the way, have you posted your e-mail tough guy..*****

THIS IS A RAMS FAN - YOU REALLY ARE CLASSY PEOPLE!

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    12, thanks for pointing out that poster. We will send the ram police after them.

What the heck 12? Ok, Packer fans are the most loving, gentle, respectful, and non-threatening fans ever. They never talk unneccessary smack, they are always polite in public, and they never cause problems anywhere right?

Someone once said, sweep your own rug before you sweep someone elses. I'm sure that you can find several boards with Packers fans just mucking up the joint. I bet if you ask 10 Vikings fans on their board about Packers fans, you would get an earful of how terrible they are.

SO WHAT ??

You have pointed out 2 Ram fans who are border line nutters and you are classing all Ram fans with the same brush ???

Oh brother. :rolleyes:

Mmm, I will reply to you by pointing out that I know one fan board that automaticly BANS Packer fans because of their foul mouths.

You come on to THIS FORUM and try and pick a fight AFTER your team gets is collective butts whipped in front of an INTERNATIONAL AUDIENCE and you come crawling in here looking for us to diss other ram fans ...............

Man, How many times to I have to TELL you that if you want to do this, then get your self into the smack forum.

LAST WARNING :angryram: