Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Glenrothes, SCOTLAND
    Posts
    9,970
    Rep Power
    20

    Hate to burst that bubble - BUT

    Our defence did exactly the same as it did in the Browns game and as it has done all year. Collapse in the second half.

    The only difference in this game is we score a load of points.

    I love that our O scored a bunch and I love how our TEAM played in the first half but man, all the signs are still pointing down the way.

    We better put up a bunch next week or we will revert to 07 form.



  2. #2
    TekeRam's Avatar
    TekeRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,879
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Hate to burst that bubble - BUT

    Oh can't you be happy for 24 hours? I think we'd have done better if we hadn't gone into prevent defense to start the 4th quarter. I think Haslett learned that... maybe... hopefully. Please?

  3. #3
    RAM-BO's Avatar
    RAM-BO is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    907
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Hate to burst that bubble - BUT

    And our special teams did give up some big returns.

  4. #4
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Hate to burst that bubble - BUT

    The Saints were'nt exactly healthy either but you know, a wins a win. With SF looking not so great, could be two in a row.

  5. #5
    Fat Pang's Avatar
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    64

    Re: Hate to burst that bubble - BUT

    Apparently Haslett laid off the blitz in the 4th due to changes in the saints pass protect scheme. Don't know why the hell defensive coaches do that when we all know it leads to garbage time explosions.

    Wins a win, I'l take it for what it is.

  6. #6
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,318
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Hate to burst that bubble - BUT

    I agree with Pang, we stopped the blitzing and laid back. They played great for the most part.

  7. #7
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Hate to burst that bubble - BUT

    Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Oh can't you be happy for 24 hours? I think we'd have done better if we hadn't gone into prevent defense to start the 4th quarter. I think Haslett learned that... maybe... hopefully. Please?

    Well, even though they racked up 156 yds and 22 pts in the 4th quarter, he didn't seem to learn it yesterday. We're a couple of bad bounces away on onside kicks from being 0-9. I think if we would have blown that game yesterday, Haslett should have been fired directly after the game. How could you risk the game your team has been struggling to win for 8 weeks by getting so damn soft like that? It really was inexcusable. The only reason it's not that big of a deal is because those onside kicks luckily bounced our way. I will bet that if New Orleans does recover that last one, he still sits back soft and lets them tie it up.

  8. #8
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Hate to burst that bubble - BUT

    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    Apparently Haslett laid off the blitz in the 4th due to changes in the saints pass protect scheme. Don't know why the hell defensive coaches do that when we all know it leads to garbage time explosions.

    Wins a win, I'l take it for what it is.
    So what you're saying is that if any team wants to throw up 80 pts on us, all they have to do is throw the same pass protection out there for four quarters that the Saints did yesterday and we'll be unable to adjust to it?

  9. #9
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,318
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Hate to burst that bubble - BUT

    We had two holding calls on big runs by SJ that would and should have iced the game, long before we laid back and worked the clock. That was not a close game IMO.

  10. #10
    TekeRam's Avatar
    TekeRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,879
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Hate to burst that bubble - BUT

    Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Well, even though they racked up 156 yds and 22 pts in the 4th quarter, he didn't seem to learn it yesterday. We're a couple of bad bounces away on onside kicks from being 0-9. I think if we would have blown that game yesterday, Haslett should have been fired directly after the game. How could you risk the game your team has been struggling to win for 8 weeks by getting so damn soft like that? It really was inexcusable. The only reason it's not that big of a deal is because those onside kicks luckily bounced our way. I will bet that if New Orleans does recover that last one, he still sits back soft and lets them tie it up.
    I was meaning after that bad 4th quarter... of course, no defensive coach learns that, but I can hope. If Haslett should have been fired every defensive coach who has played a prevent defense should be, and that'll leave a whole lot of positions open and not a whole lot of experience left. It's simply a secret mandate from the league that in order to drum up excitement and offensive stats, defenses can't play defense in the 4th quarter.

  11. #11
    Fat Pang's Avatar
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    64

    Re: Hate to burst that bubble - BUT

    Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    So what you're saying is that if any team wants to throw up 80 pts on us, all they have to do is throw the same pass protection out there for four quarters that the Saints did yesterday and we'll be unable to adjust to it?


    No.

    What was observed, was that with a lead of 34-7 and changes to the pass protect scheme, Haslett laid off the blitz and went into prevent mode.

    That could be the biggest reach yet.
    Last edited by Fat Pang; -11-12-2007 at 01:52 PM.

  12. #12
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,694
    Rep Power
    129

    Re: Hate to burst that bubble - BUT

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I agree with Pang, we stopped the blitzing and laid back. They played great for the most part.
    They did play great for the most part, which helped to get the win. That's the bottom line. For three quarters they showed that they can thwart a team with an explosive offense. It was obviously a mistake to go into a shell in the fourth quarter, but that by no means diminishes what our guys were able to accomplish on the field when turned loose and allowed to attack. The meltdown in the fourth falls squarely on Haslett.

  13. #13
    BigDaddyPace's Avatar
    BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    32
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Hate to burst that bubble - BUT

    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    Apparently Haslett laid off the blitz in the 4th due to changes in the saints pass protect scheme. Don't know why the hell defensive coaches do that when we all know it leads to garbage time explosions.

    Wins a win, I'l take it for what it is.
    I agree totally. Why coaches take the foot off the brake early in the 4th quarter is beyond me.

  14. #14
    MoonJoe's Avatar
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Norco, CA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,450
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Hate to burst that bubble - BUT

    So what you're saying is it's like a bubble in the bathtub, amusing yet stinky!

  15. #15
    bruce4life's Avatar
    bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hemet/San Diego CA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,890
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: Hate to burst that bubble - BUT

    ill take the W anyway we can take it baby

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: -11-09-2008, 02:46 AM
  2. Dolphins DE Taylor victim of hate crime
    By RamsFan4ever in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: -05-11-2006, 03:34 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: -01-10-2005, 03:04 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -08-15-2004, 04:11 AM
  5. Hate burns deep
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: -01-22-2002, 04:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •