Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    faulk2jackson Guest

Angry Hating Linehan is similar to Rams fans hating Vermiel in 98

This is all too familiar.....Rams fans wanted the head of Vermiel after the 98 season. i am a big supporter of giving a coach a 3rd year to improve and get to the playoffs. i hear people complaining about the fact that Linehan has more talent then vermeil had but all i see is players named Gorin, Leckey, Bert, Earnie (street players on the O-Line)??? Before any attacks from SLOP supporters, i would like to mention that im neither a linehan supporter nor hater. im just a supporter of the 3 year turnaround system. do you guys really think we have a chance at Cower or Schottenheimer with teams like Seattle looking for a coach next year. Is our owner a co -founder of microsoft to be able to provide these coaches the money they will demand. Stop being old grumpy complainers and let the movie reach its finale. i hear people wanting to trade jackson and even bulger!!! this is unbelievable coming from people that claim they know football but dont understand the importance of an O line (maybe the the Colts should get rid of Peyton Manning too?). the bottom line is that if Linehan doesnt get us to the playoffs next year ill be the first wanting his head but patience can also have its merits at times.

PS. stop complaining about the playcalling...bottomline is that our QBs dont have enough time to throw and our RBs dont have any holes to run in. Any play would get killed Plain and Simple. (and when they do have time to throw they under throw Bruce at the goal line)

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Re: Hating Linehan is similar to Rams fans hating Vermiel in 98

Linehan is a Joke. 2 QB's on the Roster. Going into the season with a razor thin O-line.

He doesn't value an O-line, he doesn't value Blocking ability in TE's, he's like a kid that never had to concern himself with Blocking before.

It was no newsflash our O-line has been bad and riddled with injuries - so maybe the coach should've had the Backup QB ready!

LINEHAN IS A JOKE!

Concussions are career threatening and the Ram's coach next year may have to deal with a QB of Ferrotte's ability all for 16 games.
    Last edited by Tony Soprano; -11-26-2007 at 02:24 AM.

faulk2jackson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano View Post
    Linehan is a Joke. 2 QB's on the Roster. Going into the season with a razor thin O-line.

He doesn't value an O-line, he doesn't value Blocking ability in TE's, he's like a kid that never had to concern himself with Blocking before.

It was no newsflash our O-line has been bad and riddled with injuries - so maybe the coach should've had the Backup QB ready!

LINEHAN IS A JOKE!

Concussions are career threatening and the Ram's coach next year may have to deal with a QB of Ferrotte's ability all for 16 games.
    RAzor thin O Line? the backups even got injured.
    2 QBs on the roster? we have Berlin that can be called on from training camp.
    Doesnt value Oline? this is just ridiculous. Tony Dungey must not value his Oline either right?

Argue with the record - 2-9.

The record speaks for itself - and Linehan has shown he doesn't value the O-line. He wants more Runners and receivers!

faulk2jackson Guest

Argue with the record - 2-9.

The record speaks for itself - and Linehan has shown he doesn't value the O-line. He wants more Runners and receivers!
    again argue with vermeils record back in 97 and 98. were you one that dismissed vermeil after the 98 season. you would be lying if say you werent!

theres just so many great offensive linemen out there that Linehan can sign to save us

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Vermiel had a history of success as a Head Coach (albeit with a long hiatus).

Linehan has never been a successful Head Coach in the NFL (or anywhere else that matters).

See the difference?

faulk2jackson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Vermiel had a history of success as a Head Coach (albeit with a long hiatus).

Linehan has never been a successful Head Coach in the NFL (or anywhere else that matters).

See the difference?
    and Vermiel must have got his start from somewhere right? he wasnt just born a head coach. now answer me this....what was your reaction to Vermeil after his first two seasons as our beloved head coach?

My reaction was, "man, that guy needs an influx of talent on offense."

I've got news for you... these are not the Tony Banks/Lawrence Phillips Rams. There is talent on this team that we didn't have in 97-98.

And yes... Vermiel had to start somewhere... but it wasn't in St. Louis in 97-98. If those had been his first two years as a Head Coach anywhere then I may have felt differently at the time.

Linehan has no record to justify an automatic third year.

faulk2jackson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    My reaction was, "man, that guy needs an influx of talent on offense."

I've got news for you... these are not the Tony Banks/Lawrence Phillips Rams. There is talent on this team that we didn't have in 97-98.

And yes... Vermiel had to start somewhere... but it wasn't in St. Louis in 97-98. If those had been his first two years as a Head Coach anywhere then I may have felt differently at the time.

Linehan has no record to justify an automatic third year.
    he took a losing team to a 500 record last year......like it or not he will be here another year so support the rams. and what if Linehan succeeds next year then what would you say? like i said im not a Linehan supporter but he did adopt a losing team. we were a 54 yard field goal away from winning our division last year. does that not deserve another chance?

PRO-BOWL QB, PRO-BOWL RB, PRO-BOWL WR -- and he's 2 and 9.

Linehan won't be back.

faulk2jackson Guest

PRO-BOWL QB, PRO-BOWL RB, PRO-BOWL WR -- and he's 2 and 9.

Linehan won't be back.
    Again....
    Pro Bowl QB....injured
    Probowl RB....injured
    Probowl WR....injured
    you still watching the 2005 season...priceless

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by faulk2jackson View Post
    he took a losing team to a 500 record last year......like it or not he will be here another year so support the rams. and what if Linehan succeeds next year then what would you say? like i said im not a Linehan supporter but he did adopt a losing team. we were a 54 yard field goal away from winning our division last year. does that not deserve another chance?

I love the lets give him a third year just because side that some of you are taking. Why? Why give him a 3rd year because of his daunting 10-17 record so far? Why give him a third year when there are coaches out there right now needing a job that have been successful in the NFL? Why wait and see and fire him next year after another sub par showing and then those said coaches are no longer available. The time is now Rams fans not next year. As for wanting to trade Jackson and Bulger I have already stated how rediculous that is. I just want to see Losehan fired.
    Just Fix It

faulk2jackson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I love the lets give him a third year just because side that some of you are taking. Why? Why give him a 3rd year because of his daunting 10-17 record so far? Why give him a third year when there are coaches out there right now needing a job that have been successful in the NFL? Why wait and see and fire him next year after another sub par showing and then those said coaches are no longer available. The time is now Rams fans not next year. As for wanting to trade Jackson and Bulger I have already stated how rediculous that is. I just want to see Losehan fired.
    What if we are not able or willing to sign any of those big time coaches. (which we wont be with teams like Seattle looking for new coaches). I am all for hiring Cowher but it will not happen.....then what?

Bulger got killed because there was no blocking.

Holt and Jackson have been there and haven't been injured except for a couple games.

Quote Originally Posted by faulk2jackson View Post
    No, it does not.

And if the FO decides to bring Linehan back, I'll continue to pull for the Rams every week, just like I do now.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast