Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    faulk2jackson Guest

Re: Hating Linehan is similar to Rams fans hating Vermiel in 98

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano View Post
    Bulger got killed because there was no blocking.

Holt and Jackson have been there and haven't been injured except for a couple games.

WOW....i was being sarcastic but you truly dont watch the games do you? i have not missed a game for years. Jackson has only played 5 or 6 games this year (he started one but ended up injured again against the Browns) Holt has had knee surgery and stays out of some practices. Bulger is getting killed cause our whole Oline is injured. Please dont waste my time if you are a on occasion rams fan and not a die hard.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Good Luck with that argument that Linehan inherited a team with No Talent.

Funny.

When did you Join -- this month?

Funny Newbie.

faulk2jackson Guest

When did you Join -- this month?

Funny Newbie.
    im sorry but nowhere in my rams fan contract was it mentioned that being a member of clan ram is essential to being a true rams fan. note taken for future reference. lol......maybe newbies like me should just go back to the stadium and cheer the team and stop trying to be a true fan here.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Faulk2jackson View Post
    PS. stop complaining about the playcalling...bottomline is that our QBs dont have enough time to throw and our RBs dont have any holes to run in. Any play would get killed Plain and Simple (and when they do have time to throw they under throw Bruce at the goal line)

Enjoyed your post, Faulk2Jax. ...Welcome to the Clan! :r

Quote Originally Posted by faulk2jackson View Post
    im sorry but nowhere in my rams fan contract was it mentioned that being a member of clan ram is essential to being a true rams fan. note taken for future reference. lol......maybe newbies like me should just go back to the stadium and cheer the team and stop trying to be a true fan here.
    NO, but don't show up and accuse others of not being real fans.

rammiser is offline Registered User

What if we are not able or willing to sign any of those big time coaches. (which we wont be with teams like Seattle looking for new coaches). I am all for hiring Cowher but it will not happen.....then what?
    Maybe they wont but I'm willing to take that chance. I'm not willing to let Losehan come back just because. So what he has a 3rd year on his contract if I performed that crappy on my job I would have no respect from my co-workers and be fired. Keeping Losehan just because just isnt worth it to me I'd rather start over.
    Just Fix It

faulk2jackson Guest

NO, but don't show up and accuse others of not being real fans.
    point taken but there are two types of nfl fans...ones that live it and ones that are amused by it..... both fans of different natures....

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

point taken but there are two types of nfl fans...ones that live it and ones that are amused by it..... both fans of different natures....
    Actually, I would say there are all kinds of fans. The two types you mentioned, but also those that understand what they see; those that don't. Those that speak from reason and logic; those that don't. Those who find silver linings; those that don't.

All kinds of fans, that what makes it fun.

As to the question in hand..... If Linehan had a HC track record to look back to, and even bolster a little faith I could see the analogy. Unfortunately, for Linehan, he doesn't. Likewise, Linehan has a lot more to work with than Vermeil. DV had a young Bruce, Carter, and Pace, but not much more. Linehan has Pro Bowlers at every skill position. Now, if Linehan truly does pull a Vermeil and sit in the passenger seat while Shaw takes over the wheel pulling the proverbial rabbit out of his hat for a 2nd & 5th, topped off with the next great genius offensive mind in the OC's chair, a future hall of famer with the next 1st round pick, and a stock-boy MVP from the 3rd string depths.....then yea, that too would solidify the analogy.

Now don't get me wrong; I'm not ready to jump on the "Fire Linehan or we all perish" bandwagon, yet. However, I'd be lying if I said my shiny skull hasn't been plowed clean from all the head-scratching moves my senses have been subject to the past 3 months of Sundays.

I say let's just finish the season, and see where we are. My guess is 4-12 if Bulger is healthy, 2-14 if not. However, decisions made during the season tend to be more emotional than after, so let's get these next 5 games out of the way and revisit.

But that's just me.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

This debate, albeit entertaining, isn't going anywhere. Linehan will have his 3rd year, just like Vermeil. However, Linehan better change some things in house (like find a Mike Martz equivalent on offense) or he's out the door after next season.

If Linehan finds a speedster at WR to allow Bruce and Holt to do their thing great. At least he doesn't have to find another Marshall Faulk. However, if he doesn't open up this offense next year he's gone.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

The argument that Vermeil had past success is very much invalid. When was the last time he coached in the league prior to reemerging with the Rams? Vermeil didn't do anything special in the Super Bowl year. He was terrible the previous two years, then got handed a goldmine offense and a ridiculous unknown martyr QB in Kurt Warner, the rest is history. What exactly did Vermeil do? Seems Martz was more responsible for the emergence of the team than Vermeil was, since he piloted the greatest offense in NFL history.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I must agree with the people on this thread that are calling for Linehan to be fired now, not next year. I will not repeat the items that have been mentioned about our talent now versus when Dick Vermiel first got here. The fact Linehan is being paid to be the HC NOW and his staff is doing a lousey job. Yesterday was a shining example of our staff's bad work. How can you hold a 12-point lead at home at halftime and not score a single point in the 2nd half! Plus allow a team you have seen repeatedly to score 17 unanswered points! We have a staff that is unable to make halftime adjustments or take what the defense gives you.

Injuries are no excuse. Every NFL team is struggling with some players being out and they seem to manage to win. How do the Philadelphia Eagles without their Pro-Bowl quarterback, D. McNabb come within a hair of beating the NE Patriots? It's coaching and preparation!!!

Last week on SI.com's Truth & Rumors section there was an article from a St. Louis paper saying that John Shaw is looking to make changes. The article did not specify that Linehan will be fired, but they did assert that he will be dis-empowered (if such a word exists) from making personnel decisions. It went on to say that Linehan will be evaluated on the final 7 games of the season. Well the first of those 7 was a catastrophe!

We might have a shot at John Fox if Carolina decides to make a change. After all Tony Softli in our FO is from the Carolina Panthers. Althought Panthers have had a bad year, at least they find ways to win some games and stay competitive with injuries to their defense and starting QB.

I still love the Rams, but I hope we get a top 5 draft pick so we can get Chris Long, Howie's son.

Go Rams!

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Argue with the record - 2-9.

The record speaks for itself - and Linehan has shown he doesn't value the O-line. He wants more Runners and receivers!
    Where does this come from? What made you make this decision in your mind? All Linehan's lineman gets injured because...he didn't appreciate them more?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

The argument that Vermeil had past success is very much invalid. When was the last time he coached in the league prior to reemerging with the Rams?
    More recently than Linehan.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

mpire is offline Registered User

In '98 Vermeil earned a pass because the sore thumb was Jerry Rhome's offense. Whether or not he was fired on Vermeils watch or it came from higher up, the change was made and the team bounced back.
    Since Linehan has tied himself to the Offense it's necessary he's shown the door in a similar fashion.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast