bruce4life is offline Registered User

have to blitz a lot smarter this sunday...

haslett has to dial up smarter blitzes on sunday or favre( even if he looks horrible on monday night right now) will light us up... the old man if given one on one coverage will tear it up still... i believe if we play more zone against favre we can be more effective

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: have to blitz a lot smarter this sunday...

I'd feel more comfortable if we blitzed the way we are with Hill covering down field rather than Fisher.
    RamsFan16

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    I'd feel more comfortable if we blitzed the way we are with Hill covering down field rather than Fisher.
    It's not going to matter who we have defending down field. If we're blitzing additional defenders and they're not getting through like they weren't yesterday at times, then it's going to be a hard match-up for any of our corners. Travis Fisher wasn't the only corner that was thrown at with success.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    haslett has to dial up smarter blitzes on sunday or favre( even if he looks horrible on monday night right now) will light us up... the old man if given one on one coverage will tear it up still... i believe if we play more zone against favre we can be more effective
    I agree. If I'm not mistaken, the only way to blitz "smart" and not leave us in man coverage is to blitz with the LB's. Right? Otherwise, a safety, or corner blitz is gonna expose a man coverage for Favre to exploit. When you blitz, it's one of the potential problems you open yourself up to. It's a gamble and a chance you take. We seemed to be a step late in our blitz packages against the Lions. I don't know why. But, if we disquise our blitz's well enough and get some push from our front 4, we'll force Brett to throw a few up. I'd like to see us get up early, take the home field crowd out of the game and force Brett to start pressing. He'll make his share of mistakes. But you're right, I don't feel comfortable with fisher one-on-one with anyone.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Thing is, no matter how clever your blitz packages are, to be truly effective you need to have a front 4 that can apply enough pressure so that the 2nd line of defence (FB,HB and TE) have to commit themselves to double teams on your linemen thereby giving your blitzers a chance. There's only so much scheming you can do to hide that.