Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Have you noticed?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Have you noticed?

I have noticed this.

Where did the run option go? It was going to take over football and there was a wave of the new running QBs.

Kaepernick is the QB for the worst passing offense in the NFL. I see the pundits though keep pointing out that he has no one to throw too. He is struggling with criticism from anyone.

RG3 in year two will not make the playoffs. Is it all his fault that they are 3-7 no, but some Ram fans would say it is. He was the second overall pick and cost them 3 first round picks and a second. What kind of expectations come with that? hard to build a team with no first round picks and cap issues. If they change regimes it will be another set back and more issues for RG3 to deal with, same as Sam.

Ryan Tannehill is playing OK but he is not rising to the elite status overnight as many said he would. Like all QB issues come up to deal with and they have a huge one.

Wilson continues to do enough to win games on a very good football team. He has a bad O line and just now is getting Harvins to throw to. He's played well IMO, but still has trouble in the pocket. He's a playmaker on a good team, his stock is still up.

Luck is still playing well but they are running the ball more and he is getting hit way too often. He lost his best WR lets see how that effects him. He's the cream of the crop and a one in a 20 year prospect IMO.

Cam is playing about the same but the defense is lights out. More wins more recognition for him. He was a forgotten man with the younger guns from last year, which made no sense to me.

There is no rookie QB this year that is getting hyped like the last wave of QBs. That now seems to have leveled off and they are in the same boat as Sam. There is no easy path to being an elite QB in the NFL. You have to put the time in and learn to do all the things that make playing QB look easy. That does not happen in a year or two.

Gone are all the fans on this board pointing to these guys last year and their early success and saying we missed on Bradford. Sam, before he got hurt he was playing better then all of them IMO and will continue to get better. He will be in year five next year as a starer and now has the experience, weapons and the team on both sides of the ball to win!
    Last edited by Rambos; -11-19-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    lordwhttgr likes this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Gosh, why didn't we draft Luck or Manning or Newton instead of Bradford? Oh that's right....they weren't in the same draft as Bradford. Hmm, I wonder how all the QBs that were in the same draft class as Bradford are doing? I'll bet at least one of them has played as well as Bradford.

Or maybe not.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Wilson continues to do enough to win games on a very good football team. He has a bad O line and just now is getting Harvins to throw to. He's played well IMO, but still has trouble in the pocket.
    A "bad O line"? "Trouble in the pocket"? Yes, they're so "bad" that they have the #5 rated QB and the #2 RB in the NFL behind them. We should have such a "bad" O line. Wilson is playing great football. They are in the driver's seat to run the table in the NFC. A win vs. the Saints (their next game) will just about lock it up for them. Repeat after me: It's OK to be objective about football.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Russell Wilson is a good QB, but there is an OBJECTIVE fact worth noting. He has the fewest pass attempts/game of any full time starter.

Why?

Because he plays on a team that (1) runs the ball very well, (2) has a great defense, and (3) is more often than not playing with a lead.

This clearly lowers the "degree of difficulty" for Wilson, who can pick his spots more so than a QB who, of necessity, throws the ball 35 times per game.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Russell Wilson is a good QB, but there is an OBJECTIVE fact worth noting. He has the fewest pass attempts/game of any full time starter.

Why?

Because he plays on a team that (1) runs the ball very well, (2) has a great defense, and (3) is more often than not playing with a lead.

This clearly lowers the "degree of difficulty" for Wilson, who can pick his spots more so than a QB who, of necessity, throws the ball 35 times per game.
    Lets face the facts here, Russell Wilson is a great QB on a great team with a great fan base. Remember, this is the guy who came in and not only won the starting job, but ran Matt Flynn out of Seattle. He has so few pass attempts because they are almost always playing with a lead. They practically already won the west sans some unforeseeable calamity. The Rams with the Fantastic Four kept him in check except for that great pass to (Tuck?) which was enough to win them the game. We will see how he does against the Saints, but remember the Saints had a better team that went up to Seattle and had their hind end handed to them in the playoffs. I don't think anyone saw him coming including Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    Lets face the facts here, Russell Wilson is a great QB on a great team with a great fan base.
    Those are opinions, not facts. I agree with two of them. I'd say he's a GOOD QB on a great team wtih a great fan base.

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

It should be noted that while some teams like Carolina are making their QB look better there are also teams like Green Bay where the QB seemed to be supporting the team. The loss of Bradford has not had near the same effect to the Rams as GB losing Aaron Rogers. I support Bradford and I believe that he is a good QB but he still has not shown me that he can carry the team if necessary. So does that make me a realist, pessimist, or optimist? I watch the games every week so I think I'm an optimist until we have a winning record.
    lordwhttgr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fearsome foursome View Post
    It should be noted that while some teams like Carolina are making their QB look better there are also teams like Green Bay where the QB seemed to be supporting the team. The loss of Bradford has not had near the same effect to the Rams as GB losing Aaron Rogers. I support Bradford and I believe that he is a good QB but he still has not shown me that he can carry the team if necessary. So does that make me a realist, pessimist, or optimist? I watch the games every week so I think I'm an optimist until we have a winning record.
    Rogers, though, is on a short list of 3, perhaps 4, QBs in this league who truly qualify as "elite" (along with Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and, possibly, though perhaps not any longer, Tom Brady).

I don't think anyone is arguing that Sam belongs on that list, or will ever reach that level. The point is that most franchise QBs are dependent upon a strong supporting cast.

If you're expecting Sam to be more than a franchise QB and, instead, an elite QB, then I'd say you are suffering from potentially unrealistic and, more importantly, unnecessary expectiations.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Football more than any other major league sport is a TEAM sport, thus Sam whose season took an unexpected turn this year, has missed out on the opportunity to integrate with his offense. Sam has the essential skills a good franchise QB needs, accuracy and decision making. He'll be back next year hopefully physically sound and able to resume what was started this year. In my mind I look to have the Rams play with a lead not always from behind, enabling Sam to play the position without a "gun being held to his head".

AV, I agree with your points about Sam needing a strong supporting cast. Ironically, other than Tom Brady (I still do consider him elite, last night notwithstanding), the "elite" QB's have only 1 Super Bowl win each. So to be elite you must win consistently over a long period of time, not necessarily win SB's. My point is that Sam can still become elite because his supporting cast has now been created to win over time, not "strike gold" instantly. If Seattle wins the SB, I will not consider Russell Wilson elite will you? He'll be a good QB, but to be elite he must perform at this level for years to come. Eli Manning until this year would be entering the elite status, if you ask me and him for that matter.

Go Rams!

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Those are opinions, not facts. I agree with two of them. I'd say he's a GOOD QB on a great team wtih a great fan base.
    Two out of three aint bad!!!
    GO RAMS!!!

macrammer is offline Registered User

When the Rams finally have a winning season, I think that is the time to label Sam and others with platitudes and exaltation. Right now, Sam is the QB of the Ram franchise. He like all QB's (with few exceptions) need supporting cast. Rams appear to be just about there so let's see what happens next year.
    I can only say for certain, Sam is the QB of the Rams organization. nothing more nothing less. TBD
    mde8352gorams likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    When the Rams finally have a winning season, I think that is the time to label Sam and others with platitudes and exaltation. Right now, Sam is the QB of the Ram franchise. He like all QB's (with few exceptions) need supporting cast. Rams appear to be just about there so let's see what happens next year.
    I can only say for certain, Sam is the QB of the Rams organization. nothing more nothing less. TBD
    Observation is easy. Prognostication is hard.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Interesting that Bradford, who hasn't played since October 20th, still ranks 13th in the NFL with 14 TD passes, tied with Brady, Luck. and RGlll.
    citr92 likes this.

citr92 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fearsome foursome View Post
    depends on what you think carrying the team is

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    Two out of three aint bad!!!
    GO RAMS!!!
    Thank you, Mr. Meat Loaf.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast