Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Have you noticed?

bradwill is offline Registered User

Re: Have you noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Thank you, Mr. Meat Loaf.....
    I can see Paradise By the Dashboard Light.

One day, I hope to see it on TV again

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    A "bad O line"? "Trouble in the pocket"? Yes, they're so "bad" that they have the #5 rated QB and the #2 RB in the NFL behind them. We should have such a "bad" O line. Wilson is playing great football. They are in the driver's seat to run the table in the NFC. A win vs. the Saints (their next game) will just about lock it up for them. Repeat after me: It's OK to be objective about football.
    The Hags OL IS a good runblocking unit but Lynch makes them look better than they are,imo. and their stingy D keeps them balanced between run and pass.

Wilson isn't #5 in any category that I could find. Are you talking about shortest QB ?
    The hags pass O is ranked 24th, RW is ranked 16th in passing and his rate is ranked 14th. Regarding the OL & its effect on the QB, The Hags OL has allowed 29 sacks (11th most allowed) and 63 hits (8th most). Considering his exceptional mobility, I'd say those numbers indicate the wee man is running for his life.

He doesn't throw a lot of picks but 20 TDs ain't exactly prolific after 11 games.Lack of pass pro and weapons have affected the guy's performance, without a doubt.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -11-19-2013 at 09:09 PM.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    The Hags OL IS a good runblocking unit but Lynch makes them look better than they are,imo. and their stingy D keeps them balanced between run and pass.

Wilson isn't #5 in any category that I could find. Are you talking about shortest QB ?
    The hags pass O is ranked 24th, RW is ranked 16th in passing and his rate is ranked 14th. Regarding the OL & its effect on the QB, The Hags OL has allowed 29 sacks (11th most allowed) and 63 hits (8th most). Considering his exceptional mobility, I'd say those numbers indicate the wee man is running for his life.

He doesn't throw a lot of picks but 20 TDs ain't exactly prolific after 11 games.Lack of pass pro and weapons have affected the guy's performance, without a doubt.
    To be fair, he has a rating of 105 which is good for 5th in the NFC.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

PREACH ON! PREACH ON!

Preach on AV....Sam is our QB and has developed each and every year all we can do now is think what could have happened at home Vs. hawks and titans with him as our QB

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    To be fair, he has a rating of 105 which is good for 5th in the NFC.
    Aw,c'mon man !....lol....how is it fair to cite a high number in a narrower category to justify calling his play "great football" when all the other numbers indicate average productivity compared to the league at large?

Same deal with using Lynch's numbers as proof positive of good overall OL play. How many yards does Lynch get after contact, never mind how many completions/yds Wilson gets from those few playmakers he has in comparison to that which Rams QBs have got from the haphazard Rams group.

Av's point is spot on,imo; both the meaningful numbers and the eyeball test suggest quite persuasively that......football is a team sport.
    That is all.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Aw,c'mon man !....lol....how is it fair to cite a high number in a narrower category to justify calling his play "great football" when all the other numbers indicate average productivity compared to the league at large?

Same deal with using Lynch's numbers as proof positive of good overall OL play. How many yards does Lynch get after contact, never mind how many completions/yds Wilson gets from those few playmakers he has in comparison to that which Rams QBs have got from the haphazard Rams group.

Av's point is spot on,imo; both the meaningful numbers and the eyeball test suggest quite persuasively that......football is a team sport.
    That is all.
    I do not argue that point (team sort) was merely helping to set the record in QB rating to be more accurate.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Have you noticed?-tumblr_ljjzb0k7fw1qc4g8vo1_500.jpg

Not sure who Karen Smith is, but if there is an opening, I would like to apply for the position of serving as her left hand.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

And it even seems like running ability is no longer a ticket to immediate franchise QB status (RGIII, Kaepernick).
    The one thing that really got to me was how Ram fans would use the fast starts of RG3 and Kaepernick against Sam. One year or seven games does not make an elite QB or guarantee a player will not have set backs to over come. We have seen Sam deal with a lot of stuff he could not control and he has been a total pro about it. Changes came in every year, from players to coaches and schemes. Injures are part of the game and he has had his fare share as well. Now we will see how the other young QBs deal with adversity. We seen how they handled success. How will they handle failure?

By Steve Serby and Bart Hubbuch

Redskins turmoil: RG3 trades shots with Shanahan

The 3-7 Deadskins are in turmoil, and it starts with the quarterback and the head coach.

Robert Griffin III has regressed from the day Mike Shanahan turned him into RGKnee by asking him to win a playoff game on one leg and scares no one except his own team now. Some critics are calling for him to be benched in favor of Kirk Cousins.

Shanahan is 24-34 with the Redskins, and there is a growing sentiment that Daniel Snyder should and will change coaches before he agrees to change the club’s nickname.

The strained relationship between quarterback and coach led them ostensibly throwing each other under the bus after Washington fell to 3-7 thanks to that disgraceful 24-16 loss in Philadelphia.

RG3: “They did a good job of scheming us up. They kind of knew what was coming before it was coming and that was disheartening. But like I told the guys, regardless of what’s going on out there, we’re the players and we have to make the plays work, and we just weren’t doing that in the first half.”

Shanahan on what RG3 was thinking on his backpedaling dagger interception by Brandon Boykin from the Philly 18: “I really don’t know. I have to take a look at the film and kind of go through his thought process. It’s really hard to say. I didn’t talk to him after the game.”

When he does talk to him, he can ask him why he had 57 passing yards on seven lousy completions through three quarters and why Nick Foles was the better quarterback. And RG3 can ask Shanahan why Chip Kelly was the better coach. Again.

Defenses catching up with Kaepernick

Did the ***** catch lightning in a bottle last year with Kaepernick?

Or is he just going through the growing pains of a second-year starting quarterback?

Those questions are being heard a lot in San Francisco in the wake of Sunday’s crushing, 20-17 overtime loss to the Saints that dropped the Niners to 6-4 and, more importantly, all but guaranteed the streaking Seahawks will supplant Jim Harbaugh’s team as NFC West champs.

Much of the blame is being put on Kaepernick, who has looked mostly awful in back-to-back losses to the Panthers and New Orleans that erased all the good feelings he and the Niners had built up while rallying to 6-2 after a 1-2 start.

A slump was to be expected, considering how much of a bolt from the blue Kaepernick was in taking over for Alex Smith in the middle of last season. Some of the best defensive minds in the game didn’t know what to make of the brawny but incredibly athletic quarterback who could kill you with his cannon arm or with his incredible speed in the read option.

But that was 2012, and the league appears to have adjusted. Opponents are better prepared to defend Kaepernick in the option (which Niners offensive coordinator Greg Roman, for whatever reason, appears hesitant to commit to), and the deer-in-the-headlights look Kaepernick is showing as a passer is a surefire sign that defensive coordinators are confusing him with different coverages and alignments.

Adding to the frustration is San Francisco still refuses to commit to giving the ball regularly to the dangerous Frank Gore to take the pressure off Kaepernick. As a result, Kaepernick already has thrown more interceptions in 10 games (seven) than he did in 13 starts last year (three) while being sacked 24 times — eight more than he endured in 2012.

Kaepernick also has suffered from not having his favorite target, Michael Crabtree, all season, but Crabtree is expected back soon. That should help Kaepernick immensely and quiet his critics.

But if it doesn’t, Harbaugh is playing without a net. Smith was traded to Kansas City and the backup is Colt McCoy, so — for better or worse — this is Kaepernick’s team and season to lose.
    Last edited by Rambos; -11-20-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123