Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Have you noticed this phenomena?

Have you noticed this phenomena with Rams fans or any fans in general?

When you speak about players individually they defend them all (or almost all), yet they readily admit we are bad.

Fans have attachments to players or associate them with positive scouting reports when they were drafted, but, in total, they have no problem with labeling us bad.

I had a conversation with a guy and Archuleta was a former all-pro with rare talent. Jimmy Kennedy was a bull of a man - a very rare athlete - going to be a great player. Daimone Lewis was from a long line of highly sought Miami players. Anthony Hargrove had the rare speed/size combinations that all NFL teams covet. Claiborne didn't get a chance. He was brought in and then never got to show what he can do. We don't need a new middle linebacker with Claiborne. Pisa's a piece of work.. Flies to the ball with a great attitude.. Heart of a Lion. Ryan Pickett is a pro-bowler - no doubt. We are lucky to have gotten Dexter Coakley with veteran leadership and his LB skills. And on and on.

And then I say, yeah bet we're like 30th on Defense and they say - Yeah, we stink.

I have been saying for 3 years that Marmie is terrible. He should've never been promoted. However, even I don't operate under the perception that it's all the coaches fault.

This guy didn't either but when you walked down the Ram's starting DEF he defended every one of them individually and I've noticed that on here also to an extent.

Chi-Town Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Have you noticed this phenomena?

Marmie may go down as the worst coach in Rams history
    :clanram:

mh-i is offline Registered User

Maybe the Rams run a funky defensive scheme. I'll give all the player apologists that. But don't you think that once, just once, natural talent could take over and a pro player could make a play. Does the DC need to be out on the field and tell these guys what to do on every play? Does a defensive player who has made it all the way to the NFL not know how to tackle? Does Marmie have to teach them that? Does a MLB who's been in the NFL for awhile need Marmie to teach him how to fill the gaps like Brian Urlacher or London Fletcher do? Can it be expected that a CB can cover somebody or does he to need Marmie to hold his hand on every play? These guys didn't just pick the game up yesterday. They've been playing fottball all their lives. Even if their scheme is flawed natural football instinct should take over more often than not and a player should at the very least be able to not blow a tackle. I'm not saying be perfect and play mistake free football on every down. Just on most downs. When you as a unit allow 400+ points over 15 games in the NFL you've got problems. In fact you have major problems and that's not all on the coach. When opposing teams run the ball down your throat game after game all season long it's a matter of talent and who wants it more. When they run the ball down your throat it's not one guy blowing it. It's a team effort. Marmie will be gone and whoever takes his place will need to take stock of what we have. Given the dismal performance of the defense over the last couple of years some of these players are gonna have to go. If we have a different DC next year but basically the same players and again we get blown out I suppose it will be the new guys fault and the players will be responsible for nothing again, at least in the eyes of some fans.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

I've never witnessed a DC as bad as Marmie,I think he hates the Rams and he jacked us on purpose.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i
    But don't you think that once, just once, natural talent could take over and a pro player could make a play. Does the DC need to be out on the field and tell these guys what to do on every play? Does a defensive player who has made it all the way to the NFL not know how to tackle? .
    Yes. I keep thinking that a lot of football is basic. At least 35% of the time, it's straight up beat the man in front of you. For DEF Tackes, it's probably over 50% of the time.

It's a no-brainer Marmie has to go.. But I think we'll find it'll take some fresh faces on that Defense for us to round the corner.