Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hawk Fan here

Tez2010 is offline Registered User

Hawk Fan here

Looking for some talk - will keep it cool not here to bash you on your own board.

I haven't seen anything other highlights of the Rams games this year - I hear Bradford might develop into the real deal, but what do the fans think?

How are you all feeling about the game this week (other than WIN, of course).

I have no confidence of a road win until it happens. Pete Carrol has the defense pumped at home, but the offense is barely hanging on (even with 5 turnovers and 2 TDs from Leon). That ain't gonna fly on the road.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Re: Hawk Fan here

[QUOTE=Tez2010;359599]Looking for some talk - will keep it cool not here to bash you on your own board.

I haven't seen anything other highlights of the Rams games this year - I hear Bradford might develop into the real deal, but what do the fans think?

Bradford is the real deal. It's not all evident in the stat line, but his poise and pressence during action, his command in the huddle, ability to audible, his accuracy <which is and will continue to get a bit better as he gains experience>, quick decision making and ability to read defenses........all make him the real deal.

How are you all feeling about the game this week (other than WIN, of course).

I feel they need to win this game. It's a continuity thing. Learning to win and building a winning culture are important for a team that has been as pathetic as this for so long. I think this game is winnable. The Seattle offense doesn't scare me. The defense and possible lack of SJ does.

I have no confidence of a road win until it happens. Pete Carrol has the defense pumped at home, but the offense is barely hanging on (even with 5 turnovers and 2 TDs from Leon). That ain't gonna fly on the road.

I think the two turnover score are a lucky thing and I don't think Seattle is as talented as their record because of things like that. But Ram fans won't be taking a home game, any game, for a forgranted win for quite a while.

Welcome to the ClanRam!
    Last edited by Richbert88; -09-28-2010 at 12:41 PM.
    Semper Fi!

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Personally for me I was on the Suh wagon for the draft, but I can say now I'm behind this kid 100%. He is a rookie & is prone to some rookie mistakes, but the kid has the poise of a 10 yr vet. He just doesn't get rattled & is in control at all times. Give him a few more years & some more weapons down field & lookout the Rams O will be at the top again.
    Of course this is just my humble opinion.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

We blew our first two games of the season against weaker opponents. After those two losses, I for one was thinking the Redskins (a step up in competition) were going to come into our house and lay a beating on us. Much to my surprise it was exactly the opposite. Did I have the Redskins over ranked in my mind? Maybe, maybe not? So I guess what I'm wondering is..... are the Seahawks going to be our stiffest test of the season? At least on paper they are. With the way our team is progressing in all aspects of play this shapes up to one heck of a game.

Just being able to say that this is a huge game for us is a giant step in the right direction.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!

DeaconJ is offline Registered User

If Leon Washington didn't get those two easy ones against the Chargers s/t, that game may have ended a lot different.
    Here's to a good game next Sunday!

Canadian Rams Fan is offline Registered User

I for one am looking forward to this game. The team will be hungry to win this game not only to get to .500 but the seahawks have been a thorn in the Rams side for a long time.

This is also a focus of Spags in being competetive especially in the division.

I am looking for the Rams to really bring the heat this week to get after Hasselbeck. They will try to get him uncomfortable and force him into some bad decisions early. I know they will look to get him rattled.

You may not have elite talent on that offence anymore, but I for one do remember vividly how your tight end ripped the rams defence last year. If given time Hasselbeck can and will carve the rams defence.

I have tremendous respect for the Seahawks this is the reason why i dislike them so much. As for your defence they are still are a very good talent especially in the front seven. You deffinetly have some Pro-Bowl talent for your linebackers.

I think their is some bad blood between Steven Jackson and Aaron Curry for the cheap shot he took on him and hot head Incognito last year. This is the reason why I see the Rams spreading you out and keeping things balanced and attackng that secondary. You do have some underated talent back there in my oppinion.

As for the Seahawks offence although the receivers might be pedestrian you must respect them and I know you guys have some speed at running back the Rams must contain the edge to hope for a win.

This will be a great game. Although I think the Rams come out and take this one it will be close. Could go either way.

Go rams 2010

If you guys get a #1 QB pick that turns into the real deal, that would be just the Seahawks luck! haha

You don't have to dance around it - if we hadn't scored (and stripped the ball twice) on special teams, that was a loss. I love the Hawks, but I'm not delusional.

The defense ended up looking worse stat and score-wise than they played (see Rivers stats) because they were on the field almost the entire game due to Leon's returns and the offense going 3 and out. With the opportunities the Hawks D and special teams gave the offense, (3 starts in Chargers territory in the first half) they should have put up a lot more points.

I think that Hasselbeck is cooked and none of you guys fear him, correct? I battle alot of Hawks fans saying we should move on from him...what's the view from there?

At least Tory Holt is no longer around to shred us.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Rams Fan View Post

You may not have elite talent on that offence anymore, but I for one do remember vividly how your tight end ripped the rams defence last year. If given time Hasselbeck can and will carve the rams defence.

I have tremendous respect for the Seahawks this is the reason why i dislike them so much. As for your defence they are still are a very good talent especially in the front seven. You deffinetly have some Pro-Bowl talent for your linebackers.

I think their is some bad blood between Steven Jackson and Aaron Curry for the cheap shot he took on him and hot head Incognito last year. This is the reason why I see the Rams spreading you out and keeping things balanced and attackng that secondary. You do have some underated talent back there in my oppinion.

Go rams 2010

Hasselbeck and John Carlson (TE) have not been on the same page this year. BUT, they almost started clicking last week. You give me hope that they will get it together.

But as you've noticed, and so has any coach in the league, Hasselbeck can't take the pressure. He is 5 picks in this year and there easily could be a couple more that were dropped.

The defense has talent, but Trufant and Curry both left the game and did not return on Sunday - that is good for you guys if that's the case.

Curry is a hothead, so I don't doubt he pissed someone off.

Jackson is a beast - but we do have run defense this year. Basically Carrol made both our lines huge regardless of experience.

Lesson is offline Registered User

Okung's supposed to play this week, correct? If so, he might be rusty for missing a little more than a month. Also, what I found interesting so far about the division is that only one team has won on the road so far(the Cardinals against us). If the Seahawks play like they did against the Broncos, I like our chances.

Bosna-Ram is offline Registered User

We will not hate on Seahawks until we start fighting for the first place in NFC WEST. You guys still own the Rams, but that's about to change... GO RAMS!!!

Chrome_CW is offline Registered User

I don't think it is going to be as easy for the Rams to pressure Hasselbeck as you guys do, while Hass is listed as having been sacked 5 times, at least 3 of those were situations where Hass had a bunch of time and ended up trying to run but ended up losing a yard. The 4th was the safety he took this week, which was due to an extremely bad play call (at the 7 yard line they lined up with Hass in Shotgun and Forsett next to him - they motioned Forsett out to the right to spread the field and the Chargers smartly ran a blitz on a slight delay - Had Forsett been there to block, that sack/safety doesn't likely happen).

What I'm trying to get at is that protection for Hasselbeck has been really good so far this year - MUCH better than in past years. Not saying you guys might not have success, just saying that it likely won't be as easy as it was even last year.

At any rate, just wanted to give my $.02 , good luck guys!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Always good to hear from our Seahawks friends, who are usually reasonable, even handed and knowledgeable.

Sam Bradford has been nothing short of incredible, given he's only started three regular season games. He is special and if he isn't already, will be a player to fear.

I am always apprehensive when we play the Seahawks because they seem to have our number and are usually up for this game. After seeing them destroy the whiners, and then beat a very good Chargers team, I don't feel any different. I don't care how those wins happened, they happened.

I think it will be a good, competitive game on Sunday. These matchups are always close, I just hope we get the last laugh for once. How long has it been? Seems like a lifetime.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'm expecting a fairly close game. Bradford looks really sharp for a rookie, but it doesn't always seem like he and his receivers are on the same page. We'll need to stay balanced on offense, and a big part of that is going to depend on how quickly Jackson recovers from that groin strain. The silver lining to not having a clear no. 1 receiver is that it's less clear what opposing teams need to prepare for. We spread it around, and each of the receivers brings something a little different to the table.

On defense, we haven't gotten great pressure, but we made plays when we needed to last game. D. Stewart and J. Butler fared reasonably well filling in for Atogwe and Dahl last week, but clearly it'll be a concern if we have to do without both starting safeties again. Laurinaitis is a warrior at middle linebacker.

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

I think the Rams will be able to move the ball against the Seahawk D. The question is can the rookie QB make the "critical" plays when they need them, he will be the focus with no Steven J. The Defense can hold their own against Seattle, I'm just not sure if we have enough ( weapons, to score) w/o Steven Jackson.

For those who have brought up the past, I just looked it up:

The Seahawks have won the last 10 games. THe Rams last won in January 2005...the year you beat us 3 times and knocked us out of the playoffs! That was crushing. One of those 3 victories was also the comeback game at Qwest...we had a 17 point lead with about 6 minutes left. COLLAPSE.

After those 3 wins in the 2004 it's been all Hawks. Crazy!

Also, Okung is practicing but I'd be surprised to see him play much considering that our O-line has been doing well. They probably won't want to risk more injury to our LT of the future.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast