Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hawk Fan here

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Hawk Fan here

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmaidenram View Post
    The question is can the rookie QB make the "critical" plays when they need them, he will be the focus with no Steven J.
    Against Washington, the Bradford led Rams went 7 for 16 on third downs, many of those conversions without Steven Jackson. Bradford has been stellar on big plays and I see no reason he won't do the same against the Seahawks.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

We've finally got some momentum and if the Rams are gonna make a run at anything this year the next couple of games is where we need to make our mark. Certainly Seattle is winnable and they also are trying to find an identity as much as we are. My message for this game if i was an analyst is....Don't kick to that guy!!!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome_CW View Post
    I don't think it is going to be as easy for the Rams to pressure Hasselbeck as you guys do, while Hass is listed as having been sacked 5 times, at least 3 of those were situations where Hass had a bunch of time and ended up trying to run but ended up losing a yard. The 4th was the safety he took this week, which was due to an extremely bad play call (at the 7 yard line they lined up with Hass in Shotgun and Forsett next to him - they motioned Forsett out to the right to spread the field and the Chargers smartly ran a blitz on a slight delay - Had Forsett been there to block, that sack/safety doesn't likely happen).

What I'm trying to get at is that protection for Hasselbeck has been really good so far this year - MUCH better than in past years. Not saying you guys might not have success, just saying that it likely won't be as easy as it was even last year.

At any rate, just wanted to give my $.02 , good luck guys!
    By the end of the games we've played this year, the opposing QB's must be looking for Ram players in the rear view mirror for at least a day or two after the game. Our pressure has been relentless, and even moreso in the Washington game, we got very significant pressure from only a four man rush. Chris Long does not have a sack on the stat sheet, but he has been an absolute beast so far this year, raising hell everywhere he goes ...

Flajole will be blitzing Hasselbeck very aggressively on Sunday, I have no doubt. Your receivers on the edges strike fear in no one, and Bartell and Fletcher are good man to man corners ...

It could be a long, long day for old Matty ....

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

One of those 3 victories was also the comeback game at Qwest...we had a 17 point lead with about 6 minutes left. COLLAPSE.
    One of my all-time favorite games.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Chrome_CW is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    One of my all-time favorite games.
    Man, as a Hawks season ticket holder I was also at that game - Had a couple of Ram fans sitting right next to me who were polite and well behaved the whole game......when we got up on them big a couple of douche-bag Hawks fans on the other side of me (lets face it, we all have THOSE fans) were laying it on thick to the Rams fans....you'd better believe when the comeback happened that those Rams fans were giving it back even thicker once the comeback was complete. Man, that game just crushed me.....I know that Isaac Bruce is still probably looked at as a god around here, but I hated that guy from that day on for his putting his helmet on the field and pointing at it. Plus I hated the way that the Rams came out and stomped on our logo during the playoffs that year.

Tez2010 is offline Registered User

You'd be wise to keep it away from Leon, but I'm sure that's the practice this week. How is Josh Brown doing these days? Used to like that little guy but Mare is much better at kicking it out of the endzone.

I got Golden Tate marked down for a return for six on you, though. He's been close to breaking one multiple times the last two weeks - I'm feelin' like the dome is the place that he'll cut lose.

Chris Clemons and Earl Thomas will be coming for your boy Bradford and his passes, respectively!!

Lesson is offline Registered User

Does anyone remember the game in '06 at Seattle when SJ had a TD and there was a penalty on the Seahawks and Linehan elected to go for the TD again instead of keeping the points? Or I am thinking of something else? On the upside, they don't have ex-Rams killer Josh Brown anymore.

Plus I hated the way that the Rams came out and stomped on our logo during the playoffs that year.
    That was a very, very close game. If Engram catches the ball, who knows what happens. It's just been painful to see the Rams lose 10 straight to the Seahawks and to have Brown beat us twice in 2006. Good luck, though. I hope it's a close game and the Rams come out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesson View Post
    Does anyone remember the game in '06 at Seattle when SJ had a TD and there was a penalty on the Seahawks and Linehan elected to go for the TD again instead of keeping the points? Or I am thinking of something else? On the upside, they don't have ex-Rams killer Josh Brown anymore.
    You are KIND OF remembering it correctly, here is how it actually broke down:

The Rams led 16-14 early in the 4th quarter. 3rd and 6 from the 18-yard line. Bulger throws a pass to Curtis at the 13. The pass is ruled incomplete. Wilkins comes in and kicks a FG to make it 19-14, but right before they snapped the ball, the Rams flew the flag to challenge the play. It was overturned, as they said Curtis made the catch. Okay, it is now 4th and 1, and Linehan decides to go for it.

So, with a 4th and 1 at a critical point, and with guys like Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, and Steven Jackson on your team, Linehan calls for a pass to a rookie TE named Joe Klopfenstein, who has 9 catches this year, and what happens? Klopfenstein makes the wrong turn in the end zone, and the pass falls incomplete.

The result is the Seahawks ended up winning 24-22.

You are KIND OF remembering it correctly, here is how it actually broke down:

The Rams led 16-14 early in the 4th quarter. 3rd and 6 from the 18-yard line. Bulger throws a pass to Curtis at the 13. The pass is ruled incomplete. Wilkins comes in and kicks a FG to make it 19-14, but right before they snapped the ball, the Rams flew the flag to challenge the play. It was overturned, as they said Curtis made the catch. Okay, it is now 4th and 1, and Linehan decides to go for it.

So, with a 4th and 1 at a critical point, and with guys like Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, and Steven Jackson on your team, Linehan calls for a pass to a rookie TE named Joe Klopfenstein, who has 9 catches this year, and what happens? Klopfenstein makes the wrong turn in the end zone, and the pass falls incomplete.

The result is the Seahawks ended up winning 24-22.
    Thanks. All I remembered of that game was that Linehan took points off the board because he did something dumb. Which all reminds me, 2006 seems like a loooong time ago.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tez2010 View Post
    You'd be wise to keep it away from Leon, but I'm sure that's the practice this week. How is Josh Brown doing these days? Used to like that little guy but Mare is much better at kicking it out of the endzone.

I got Golden Tate marked down for a return for six on you, though. He's been close to breaking one multiple times the last two weeks - I'm feelin' like the dome is the place that he'll cut lose.

Chris Clemons and Earl Thomas will be coming for your boy Bradford and his passes, respectively!!
    Hmmm, reeks of arrogance ...

Tate might be somewhat impressive so far, but doubt he's going to be returning many punts with that pass defense you're fielding ...

How's Aaron Curry performing BTW?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Tez2010 View Post
    Well, Arizona, Choakland and Washington all came after Bradford with everything they had, with no real consequence. He simply got rid of the ball quickly to his backs and receivers or calmly rolled away from the pressure. If his play in the preseason and first three games of the season are any indication, I think you Seahawks fans are going to be suprised and impressed by what you see. Everybody else has.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Chris Clemons? THE Chris Clemons? You mean the guy who had all of 3 sacks in 16 games last season? The same one who started 3 games in his first six years in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Chris Clemons? THE Chris Clemons? You mean the guy who had all of 3 sacks in 16 games last season? The same one who started 3 games in his first six years in the league?
    Yeah, that Chris Clemmons - Considering that he has 2 sacks so far in 3 games this year (one of which, the San Francisco game, he didn't record a sack but hit Alex Smith 9 times) I'd say that he's finally found a scheme he can succeed in.

Listen, I'm not the guy who was talking some light smack up thread, but at least we can back up our "feelings" and predictions with some stats showing improvement

Tez2010 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Hmmm, reeks of arrogance ...

Tate might be somewhat impressive so far, but doubt he's going to be returning many punts with that pass defense you're fielding ...

How's Aaron Curry performing BTW?

Wasn't trying to be arrogant - I started this thread so I hardly came in to be arrogant if you read through, quite the opposite, I'll gladly cop to our weaknesses.

Let's say "I hope" in front of that stuff...is that better?

To answer your dig; Curry is up and down. I would like to see him more consistent and come along faster, but he's not a bust yet either.

Trufant and Curry did not practice today...that is a plus for the Rams if those guys are out.

Someone took a shot at our receivers up thread, but besides Clayton, who are the Rams throwing to? I expect you'll be going receiver next draft?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast